Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
A medium is the channel through which message travel from the source to the receiver. Mass media include not only the mechanical device that transmit and sometimes store the message e.g. television cameras, radio, microphone, printing press e.t.c but also the institution that uses these machines to transmit the message. It other word, ‘hen we talk about mass media we are referring to the people, the policies, the organization and the technology that goes into producing mass communication.
According to oxford advanced leaner dictionary, international student’s edition, mass media is designed as information and news such as newspapers, magazine, radio and television that reach an influence large number of people.
It is well known that most raw material provide for the urban community. Despite this, the contributions of the rural community have not received adequate attention which they deserve. -
According to Nwusu Ikechuku (1990:5)’ “communication is central to rural national Development and that is catalytic effect to the Development of other sector of the economy should never be neglected.
Ekitudo (1986:120) observed that “The role of mass media in ’global community has dynamically grown in concept of communication changing” with the- proper use of communication media in shaping and channeling the minds of the rural communities in the use that cued them, and it will go a long way in blaring their condition. It is therefore important to investigate the affair of the mass media in Nigeria even down to local government level to make the rural communities develop. This research work will focus on Ijero Local Government Area of Ekiti state. Looking at the role of mass media in the development of Ijero Local Govrnment.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
In this information age where communication has been taken as a vital instrument for rural economic, social and political development. Even in most rural, communities where media are complexity or partially available, information is shared among the people who cannot read or write and get them to maintain a stable system of living.
This study intends to find out the impact of mass media in communities in the context of development. The problem also include to what extent is the attitude and behavioral changes of rural drivellers when exposed to the mass media. It will also look at the extent of variable such as educational qualification, occupation and income different among the people of Ijero Local Government area of Ekiti State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this are to examine role played by the mass media in contribution to the community development of Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti state.
(a) To examine the extent which mass media has contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria.
(b) To determine the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti.
(c) To discover what can be done to improve the role of mass media in the said community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country.
(d) To determine if there is any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government and how can this be eliminated or minimized.
(e) To examine the problems faced by mass media practitioners in this community and what are suggested solutions to these problems.
1.4 Research Question
These are the following question that may arise in the course of this
1. To what extent does mass media contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria?
2. What are the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti?
3. What can be done to improve the role of mass media in the community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country?
4. Is there any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government, how can this be eliminated or minimized?
5. What are the problems faced by mass media practitioners in the community and what are suggested solutions to these problems?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The study investigated the influence of televised violence on undergraduate youths in Alimosho L. G. A. youths, Uturu, Abia State Nigeria. To...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 43 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. PATTERN OF LISTENERSHIP OF QUEST FM RADIO ENLIGHTENMENT PROGRAMMES ON RURAL WOMEN OF DELTA STATE,NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 143 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 129 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE) ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to the mass media role in the national development ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 397 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The role of the media, particularly, television in advancing national integration is pivotal. Television has become a ver...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 259 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. THE ROLE OF PARTICIPATORY COMMUNICATION IN THE OPERATION AND ACTIVITIES OF COOPERATIVES SOCIETIES IN KADUNA IN ENGENDERING ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND DE...» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the role of participatory communication in the operation and activities of Cooperative Societies in...Continue Reading »
98 pages | 131 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 123 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian movies, popularly referred to as Nollywood movies, produced by the Nigerian film industr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 131 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study attempts to educate the public on the “influence of AKBC TV public enlightenment programmes on residents of Uyo metropolis. ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 168 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE Background to the Study Advertising is a form of communication used to encourage or persuade on audience (viewer, reader or listeners) to ...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 627 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION