Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
A medium is the channel through which message travel from the source to the receiver. Mass media include not only the mechanical device that transmit and sometimes store the message e.g. television cameras, radio, microphone, printing press e.t.c but also the institution that uses these machines to transmit the message. It other word, ‘hen we talk about mass media we are referring to the people, the policies, the organization and the technology that goes into producing mass communication.
According to oxford advanced leaner dictionary, international student’s edition, mass media is designed as information and news such as newspapers, magazine, radio and television that reach an influence large number of people.
It is well known that most raw material provide for the urban community. Despite this, the contributions of the rural community have not received adequate attention which they deserve. -
According to Nwusu Ikechuku (1990:5)’ “communication is central to rural national Development and that is catalytic effect to the Development of other sector of the economy should never be neglected.
Ekitudo (1986:120) observed that “The role of mass media in ’global community has dynamically grown in concept of communication changing” with the- proper use of communication media in shaping and channeling the minds of the rural communities in the use that cued them, and it will go a long way in blaring their condition. It is therefore important to investigate the affair of the mass media in Nigeria even down to local government level to make the rural communities develop. This research work will focus on Ijero Local Government Area of Ekiti state. Looking at the role of mass media in the development of Ijero Local Govrnment.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
In this information age where communication has been taken as a vital instrument for rural economic, social and political development. Even in most rural, communities where media are complexity or partially available, information is shared among the people who cannot read or write and get them to maintain a stable system of living.
This study intends to find out the impact of mass media in communities in the context of development. The problem also include to what extent is the attitude and behavioral changes of rural drivellers when exposed to the mass media. It will also look at the extent of variable such as educational qualification, occupation and income different among the people of Ijero Local Government area of Ekiti State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this are to examine role played by the mass media in contribution to the community development of Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti state.
(a) To examine the extent which mass media has contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria.
(b) To determine the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti.
(c) To discover what can be done to improve the role of mass media in the said community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country.
(d) To determine if there is any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government and how can this be eliminated or minimized.
(e) To examine the problems faced by mass media practitioners in this community and what are suggested solutions to these problems.
1.4 Research Question
These are the following question that may arise in the course of this
1. To what extent does mass media contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria?
2. What are the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti?
3. What can be done to improve the role of mass media in the community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country?
4. Is there any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government, how can this be eliminated or minimized?
5. What are the problems faced by mass media practitioners in the community and what are suggested solutions to these problems?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» A first step has to be made in terms of the developments on the technological front and the ways in which these developments are making inroads into o...Continue Reading »
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS OF EDUCATIONAL RADIO BROADCASTING FOR ADULT LITERACY IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Education has been identified as one of the most important ways to achieve national development. With three million non literate adults in La...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Investigative journalism was described in many ways throughout the afternoon: as “uncovering the hidden”; &ld...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) LAGOS) ABSTRACT This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Consumers are usually exposed to hundreds and maybe even thousands of commercial messages every d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction History of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna Polytechnic is one of the earliest polytechnic in Nigeria, located at Tudun Wada are...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work crucially examined “The role of broadcast media in achieving vision 20:2020” discussed extensively as the impa...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF AFRICAN TRADITIONAL FORMS OF COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE AMONG THE JUKUNS IN SOUTHERN TARABA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In Assessing the African Traditional Forms of Communication in Marriage among the Jukuns in Southern Taraba State, as a result of scanty lite...Continue Reading »