Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
A medium is the channel through which message travel from the source to the receiver. Mass media include not only the mechanical device that transmit and sometimes store the message e.g. television cameras, radio, microphone, printing press e.t.c but also the institution that uses these machines to transmit the message. It other word, ‘hen we talk about mass media we are referring to the people, the policies, the organization and the technology that goes into producing mass communication.
According to oxford advanced leaner dictionary, international student’s edition, mass media is designed as information and news such as newspapers, magazine, radio and television that reach an influence large number of people.
It is well known that most raw material provide for the urban community. Despite this, the contributions of the rural community have not received adequate attention which they deserve. -
According to Nwusu Ikechuku (1990:5)’ “communication is central to rural national Development and that is catalytic effect to the Development of other sector of the economy should never be neglected.
Ekitudo (1986:120) observed that “The role of mass media in ’global community has dynamically grown in concept of communication changing” with the- proper use of communication media in shaping and channeling the minds of the rural communities in the use that cued them, and it will go a long way in blaring their condition. It is therefore important to investigate the affair of the mass media in Nigeria even down to local government level to make the rural communities develop. This research work will focus on Ijero Local Government Area of Ekiti state. Looking at the role of mass media in the development of Ijero Local Govrnment.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
In this information age where communication has been taken as a vital instrument for rural economic, social and political development. Even in most rural, communities where media are complexity or partially available, information is shared among the people who cannot read or write and get them to maintain a stable system of living.
This study intends to find out the impact of mass media in communities in the context of development. The problem also include to what extent is the attitude and behavioral changes of rural drivellers when exposed to the mass media. It will also look at the extent of variable such as educational qualification, occupation and income different among the people of Ijero Local Government area of Ekiti State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this are to examine role played by the mass media in contribution to the community development of Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti state.
(a) To examine the extent which mass media has contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria.
(b) To determine the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti.
(c) To discover what can be done to improve the role of mass media in the said community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country.
(d) To determine if there is any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government and how can this be eliminated or minimized.
(e) To examine the problems faced by mass media practitioners in this community and what are suggested solutions to these problems.
1.4 Research Question
These are the following question that may arise in the course of this
1. To what extent does mass media contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria?
2. What are the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti?
3. What can be done to improve the role of mass media in the community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country?
4. Is there any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government, how can this be eliminated or minimized?
5. What are the problems faced by mass media practitioners in the community and what are suggested solutions to these problems?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL AN COMMISSION (INEC AND IT’S ROLE IN GENERAL ELECTION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The electoral commission has always been an essential component of suggestions for democratic imp...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 325 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. AUDIENCE PERCEPTION OF FEMALE MODELS IN ADVERTISING MESSAGE (A STUDY OF “ALWAYS ULTRA”COMMERCIALS) IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» Abstract This research work is aimed at analyzing Audience perception of female models in advertising message (a study of always ultra commercials). T...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 553 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human beings have always lived in communities because they are social animals that believe so muc...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 176 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. PRESS COVERAGE OF THE BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR CONFLICT-SENSITIVE JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA (2013/2014)» ABSTRACT This study analyses the coverage of the Boko Haram insurgency by DailyTrust, Leadership, Vanguard and Punch newspapers and examines its impli...Continue Reading »
185 pages | 151 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Television is the most powerful and influential medium of communication around the globe. Due to ...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 168 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. THE INFLUENCE OF PREVENTION OF MOTHER-TO-CHILD HIV TRANSMISSION CAMPAIGNS ON KNOWLEDE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES AMONG WOMEN IN SOUTHEAST NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The scourge of HIV/AIDS has, no doubt, continued to ravage virtually all parts of the world. Acco...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 406 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. THE ROLE OF PUNCH NEWSPAPER IN CREATING AWARENESS AGAINST DRUGS ABUSE (A CASE STUDY OF BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Mass media have been a major agent of socialization and tool for social change especially now tha...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 405 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This research work crucially examined “The role of broadcast media in achieving vision 20:2020” discussed extensively as the impa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 251 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
9. NIGERIA FILM AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR NATIONAL UNITY (A CASE STUDY OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN BY BANDELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigerian films or movies have become extremely popular among Nigerians at home an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 291 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. IMPACT OF RADIO IN PROPAGATING CULTURE IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: A STUDY OF KADUNA STATE MEDIA CORPORATION (KSMC) RADIO KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study Radio is one to the mass media that ensure the promotion of culture in every society. It tends to...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 218 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION