The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background to the Study
A medium is the channel through which message travel from the source to the receiver. Mass media include not only the mechanical device that transmit and sometimes store the message e.g. television cameras, radio, microphone, printing press e.t.c but also the institution that uses these machines to transmit the message. It other word, ‘hen we talk about mass media we are referring to the people, the policies, the organization and the technology that goes into producing mass communication.
According to oxford advanced leaner dictionary, international student’s edition, mass media is designed as information and news such as newspapers, magazine, radio and television that reach an influence large number of people.
It is well known that most raw material provide for the urban community. Despite this, the contributions of the rural community have not received adequate attention which they deserve. -
According to Nwusu Ikechuku (1990:5)’ “communication is central to rural national Development and that is catalytic effect to the Development of other sector of the economy should never be neglected.
Ekitudo (1986:120) observed that “The role of mass media in ’global community has dynamically grown in concept of communication changing” with the- proper use of communication media in shaping and channeling the minds of the rural communities in the use that cued them, and it will go a long way in blaring their condition. It is therefore important to investigate the affair of the mass media in Nigeria even down to local government level to make the rural communities develop. This research work will focus on Ijero Local Government Area of Ekiti state. Looking at the role of mass media in the development of Ijero Local Govrnment.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
In this information age where communication has been taken as a vital instrument for rural economic, social and political development. Even in most rural, communities where media are complexity or partially available, information is shared among the people who cannot read or write and get them to maintain a stable system of living.
This study intends to find out the impact of mass media in communities in the context of development. The problem also include to what extent is the attitude and behavioral changes of rural drivellers when exposed to the mass media. It will also look at the extent of variable such as educational qualification, occupation and income different among the people of Ijero Local Government area of Ekiti State.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this are to examine role played by the mass media in contribution to the community development of Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti state.
(a) To examine the extent which mass media has contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria.
(b) To determine the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti.
(c) To discover what can be done to improve the role of mass media in the said community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country.
(d) To determine if there is any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government and how can this be eliminated or minimized.
(e) To examine the problems faced by mass media practitioners in this community and what are suggested solutions to these problems.
1.4 Research Question
These are the following question that may arise in the course of this
1. To what extent does mass media contribute to the development of rural community in Nigeria?
2. What are the means and sources of mass media available to the people of Ijero Ekiti?
3. What can be done to improve the role of mass media in the community of Ijero Local government and other communities in the country?
4. Is there any adverse impact of exposure to mass media on the people of Ijero Local government, how can this be eliminated or minimized?
5. What are the problems faced by mass media practitioners in the community and what are suggested solutions to these problems?
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human beings have always lived in communities because they are social animals that believe so muc...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 42 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Culture entails the way of life of people culture is the total way of life of a people, culture c...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 297 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN JOURNALISM PRACTICE IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS, BAYELSA AND DELTA STATES» ABSTRACT The journalism profession has great impact on the individuals and society at large, hence it is expected that its ethical principles be adher...Continue Reading »
84 pages | 99 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION We are all surrounded by a vast amount of advertising. Nearly everybody, therefore, has some thoughts on the subject. The ten...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 272 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Television is incorporated within the child‟s experience as it becomes part of the child‟s in...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 306 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. THE IMPACT OF OPINION LEADERS IN INFORMATION DISSEMINATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OWO TOWNSHIP)» ABSTRACT This project work reviews the concepts, measures, and strategies of two step flow of communication which is aimed at examining the impact of ...Continue Reading »
34 pages | 157 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This project attempts to critically examine the influence of “Igbo Rituals as Filmic Themes in Nollywood Movies”. In order to achieve thi...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 143 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In distant past, the people that lived as families and clans in villages and towns communicated a...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 76 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comp...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 438 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. THE EFFECT OF TWITTER SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE BEHAVIOUR OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. A STUDY OF ESSENCE INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The internet is a global system of interconnected computers that uses the standard internet prot...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 138 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION