Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 107 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The 1975 ECOWAS Treaty made by the founding fathers of the West African Regional Integration Philosophy was revised in 1993 in view of the developments in the region and the new world order. ECOWAS is still today, the common partnership through which Member States attempts to aggregate their common dream and aspiration for a prosperous United Economic Union in the Africa sub-region.
The Integration instruments though very ambitious made no pretension of the hopes and aspiration it seeks to achieve in this globalize and competitive world. The carry over of Colonialism and the epileptic nature of the African Economy tends to presents the coming together of African Countries synonymous with coming together to share poverty. The divide and rule strategy of the West has made African States to distrust themselves that today, the Franco-phones speaking West African is suspicious of every move of the Anglo phone on the Integration Ideology. Hence every state party does not want to concede anything out of its sovereignty to the organization but wants to harvest the whole benefit of integration.
This thesis attempts in the main, to bring to the fore both the Economic and Human Rights frame work as enshrine in the ECOWAS Treaty and the journey so far and the implementation of the acts and decisions of the community in Nigeria in particular. The first chapter introduces the research work. The second chapter considers the meaning of Treaty and Treaty as a source of international law. The third chapter of this thesis deals with the meaning, nature and scope of Economic integration. The chapter also considers economic integration under the ECOWAS Treaty. The forth chapter considers the analysis of human right framework under the ECOWAS Treaty. The fifth and the concluding chapter, summarizes the work and offers some far reaching recommendation for policy makers and the operators of the ECOWAS Treaty.
This thesis presents to the reader a handy compendium of recent status and trends in the West African Integration agenda through ECOWAS and the issues, challenges and prospects of the Organization and the call for more commitments of State Parties to the ECOWAS Programmes.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION MEANING AND SCOPE, FORMATION, HISTORICAL BACKGROUND AND BASIS OF LIABILITY. 1.1 Meaning and Scope of Contract of Employment T...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 164 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0.0 INTRODUCTION According to Professor Cross, “Evidence is the testimony hearsay, documents, things and facts wh...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 164 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Right from the beginning there has always been a transition from one generation to another generation and whatever assets...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 194 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Men and women are entitled to the full protection of their rights because they are human beings. At its most basic level, ‘human rights’ ...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 268 hits | Source: LAW
5. ANALYSIS OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK OF INCOME TAX ENFORCEMENT AND COMPLIANCE STRATEGY FOR REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT From the inception of modern taxation in Nigeria in the first decade of the 20th century the problem of poor tax administration has been the ...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 16 hits | Source: LAW
6. THE CONCEPT OF SULH IN ISLAMIC LAW: A CASE STUDY OF THE PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE OF THE KATSINA STATE SHARIA COURTS» ABSTRACT This study entitled “The Concept of Sulh in Islamic Law: A Case Study of the Practice and Procedure of the Katsina State Sharia Courts&...Continue Reading »
249 pages | 10 hits | Source: LAW
7. A STUDY OF CUSTOMARY LAND LAW AND TENURE PRACTICES OF SIX COMMUNITIES OF THE LOWER BENUE RIVER VALLEY OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at studying the customary land laws and tenurial practices of the communities of the Nigerian Lower Benue River valley. T...Continue Reading »
212 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW
» TABLE OF CASES A.G Federation v. Guardian Newspaper Limited (1999) 9 N.W.L.R. (Pt. 618) p.187 S.C 45 A.G. Federation v. Atiku Abubakar (2007) 8 N.W.L....Continue Reading »
110 pages | 271 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The entrenchment of Right of Expression as a fundamental human right in Nigeria could be traced to the 1960 Independence Constitution and tho...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT On the 23rd of November, 2009, President Musa Yar’Adua left Nigeria for treatment abroad in an undisclosed country. For the next 80 day...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 194 hits | Source: LAW