Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 91 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Human rights are rights that have come to be guaranteed over time, to all men and
women, irrespective of race or creed. These rights extend to even the unborn, in
certain circumstances. However, in many societies, women are subject to
discriminatory tendencies in the form of laws, policies and practices that derogate
from their human rights, simply became of their gender.
Many international instruments have been put in place to stem these negative
tendencies, especially through the works of the United Nations Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the International Labour
In Nigeria, for instance, women tend to suffer inequalities in the social, political ,
economic and cultural fields. This is notwithstanding the fact that there are formal
provisions on the statute books that guarantees equality to all before the law.
As the ‘grundnorm,’ all the Constitution made for Nigeria with their fundamental
rights provisions envisage equality of all citizens, whether male or female. The
Thesis finds that the envisaged equality is at best formal and not actual, even
though the country is a party to international conventions and instruments that
provide for equal enjoyment of human rights by both genders.
Some laws, cultural practices and traditions have been fingered in restricting and
derogating from the enjoyment of basic rights by women. This thesis sets out to
identify derogations from women’s rights, its effects and proffer suggestions on
how to curtail these gustative tendencies, with particular reference to Nigeria.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO STUDY
Women are connected to other human beings through the biologically based activities of
pregnancy, breast-feeding and heterosexual intercourse¹. However, throughout history, women
have had to struggle against direct and indirect barriers to their self-development and their full
participation in social, political, economic and cultural activities of different societies.
Discrimination against women starts at birth, in the discriminatory
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE MANAGEMENT OF BANKS AND THE RIGHT OF SHAREHOLDERS UNDER THE ASSET MANAGEMENT CORPORATION OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Asset management corporation of Nigeria Act seeks to establish the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria for the purpose of efficiently...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The global nature of climate has become very well appreciated in the developing as well as developed world. For example, in its recent Summit...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A company can be described as a legal entity or a body corporate, having perpetual succession and also a common seal, as well as the ability ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The legal infliction of death as a penalty for violating criminal law has been in existence from time immemorial, people have been put to dea...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the issues that has continued to generate controversy among the bar, the bench and international and local human right activists is wh...Continue Reading »
6. ETHNO-RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS AND THE INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS: AN AGITATION FOR LEGAL FRAMEWORK A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno religious conflicts w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction During this century, millions of children, women and men have been victims of unimaginable atrocities in the theatre of w...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION The term “human rights” has become one of the most fashionable buzzwords of our contemporary world. The “era of human r...Continue Reading »
9. AN APPRAISAL OF THE IMPACT OF GENDER EQUALITY ON WOMEN’S RIGHT TO WORK OUTSIDE MATRIMONIAL HOME IN ISLAMIC LAW» ABSTRACT This study entitled: “An Appraisal of the Impact of Gender Equality on Women’s Rights to Work in Islamic Law” has examined ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT During this century, millions of children, women and men have been victims of unimaginable atrocities in the threatre of wars that deeply sho...Continue Reading »