Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 91 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Human rights are rights that have come to be guaranteed over time, to all men and
women, irrespective of race or creed. These rights extend to even the unborn, in
certain circumstances. However, in many societies, women are subject to
discriminatory tendencies in the form of laws, policies and practices that derogate
from their human rights, simply became of their gender.
Many international instruments have been put in place to stem these negative
tendencies, especially through the works of the United Nations Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the International Labour
In Nigeria, for instance, women tend to suffer inequalities in the social, political ,
economic and cultural fields. This is notwithstanding the fact that there are formal
provisions on the statute books that guarantees equality to all before the law.
As the ‘grundnorm,’ all the Constitution made for Nigeria with their fundamental
rights provisions envisage equality of all citizens, whether male or female. The
Thesis finds that the envisaged equality is at best formal and not actual, even
though the country is a party to international conventions and instruments that
provide for equal enjoyment of human rights by both genders.
Some laws, cultural practices and traditions have been fingered in restricting and
derogating from the enjoyment of basic rights by women. This thesis sets out to
identify derogations from women’s rights, its effects and proffer suggestions on
how to curtail these gustative tendencies, with particular reference to Nigeria.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO STUDY
Women are connected to other human beings through the biologically based activities of
pregnancy, breast-feeding and heterosexual intercourse¹. However, throughout history, women
have had to struggle against direct and indirect barriers to their self-development and their full
participation in social, political, economic and cultural activities of different societies.
Discrimination against women starts at birth, in the discriminatory
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CRITICAL EXAMINATION OF THE ENGLISH REAL PROPERTY LAW OF MORTGAGE, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE LAW AND PRACTICE OF MORTGAGE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Landed property as security for loan by banks is important to the economy of every nation, underdeveloped, developed. This leads u...Continue Reading »
2. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION AS A REGULATORY BODY UNDER NIGERIAN COMPANY LAW» ABSTRACT The importance of an effective regulatory body in a growing economy cannot be overemphasized. Hence the need for the Corporate Affairs Commis...Continue Reading »
3. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN JUDGMENT IN NIGERIA AND UNITED KINGDON: A CASE FOR CYBER JURISDICTION» Abstract Under Private International Law, enforcement of foreign judgment or its recognition is the whole mark of every proceeding. Without them, this...Continue Reading »
4. ETHNO-RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS AND THE INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS: AN AGITATION FOR LEGAL FRAMEWORK A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno religious conflicts w...Continue Reading »
5. BLOOD RELATIONSHIP AS ABASISOF INHERITANCE UNDERISLAMIC LAW: A CASE STUDY OF THE INNER AND OUTER CIRCLES OF FAMILY» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work examines corruption, its legal effect, its meanings and peculiar manifestation in the Nigeria society. Abortive efforts ma...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The confessional statement of an accused person is of great evidential value in the dispensation of justice. It represents the most important...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The entrenchment of the right of expression as a fundamental human right in Nigeria could be traced to the Independence Constitution of 1960 ...Continue Reading »
9. APPRAISAL OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS AS A MEANS OF SETTLEMENT OF LABOUR DISPUTES IN NIGERIA: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS» ABSTRACT This dissertation is entitled Appraisal of Collective Bargaining Process as a Mode of Settlement of Labour Disputes in Nigeria: Challenges an...Continue Reading »
10. AN APPRAISAL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF PROOF IN THE HEARING AND DETERMINATION OF ELECTION PETITION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Election petition is the only viable and recognized alternative open to any person or party dissatisfied with the conduct of an election unde...Continue Reading »