Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study is to analyze how public infrastructure and capacity utilization could aid manufacturing growth in a developing economy like Nigeria. The concern is understandable where productivity growth is major determinant of the future of standard of living.
Economist have written extensively on the decline of productivity growth and how it affects output growth and has gone to great length to try identify the reason for the show down.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Prior to the early 1970 many Nigerians did not realize the importance of public infrastructure and capacity utilization as a major key to economic growth and development towards a better standard of living hence, it was perceived that public policies to promote economic growth and development international competitiveness were traditionally focused on savings and private investment in plant and equipment to the detriment of public infrastructure has not actually led us to the promise land and this led to a high rate of rural urban drift or migration.
Over the years, this has led to the increase in government policy to invest more in public infrastructure as a way of fostering economic growth and development while not equally ignoring the importance capacity utilization in the quest for economic growth.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Economists and other close observers have tried to identify the factors responsible for the falling productivity. Notably among the factors are poor and inconsistent public policy, high unemployment and under employment, high and persistent inflation, political instability and increasing military expenditure and the deteriorating state of public infrastructure. Certainly all these factors to varying degrees influence the rate of manufacturing growth. Prior to the 1970s, government has been making efforts to sustain improvement in the lives of its citizens, which undoubtedly depends on the growth of the economy. Improvements of the citizenry depend on sustainable increase in the per capita out put. By this measure Nigeria has not done fairly well due to the drop in oil price of the early 1980’s
Attention should be given to the serious deterioration of the nation public infrastructure, which raises the question as to whether public capital significant affects economic development? Policy makers and researchers concerned with economic issues have claimed for years that public infrastructure; investment is one of the primary means to implement a strategy of economic growth and development, infact one of the ways local government encourages local industries is through investing in various types of infrastructure.
The quest for industrialization cannot be over emphasized, as can be understood from the study of development economics, that industrialization promotes growth and in the long run development for this reason developing economy is conscious of her industrial growth.
Capacity utilization is an essential thing in any developing economy because it helps in ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently in the establishment of public infrastructure that would be helpful in promoting the manufacturing growth in the economy.
Thus, the question which thesis or study, seek to address or the statement of problem is that; due to investment in public infrastructure and capacity utilization improved output growth in the manufacturing sector?
Has public infrastructure investment using investment in capacity utilization as it relates to output had positive impact on the citizenry; Does investment in public infrastructure and capacity utilization.
In the short run enhance output stabilization or achieve the run the desired macro economic goals in the long run.
These are indeed statement or problem that needs to be addressed in this study.
OBJECTIVES AND RATIONALE OF THE STUDY
This research is aimed at stability the relationship that exists between public infrastructure, capacity utilization and manufacturing growth in Nigeria.
The objectives are as follows:
1. Examining government role in the provision of public infrastructure.
2. Identifying limiting factors to capacity utilization.
3. Appraise the importance of both public and private sector investment and output growth.
4. To measure the effectiveness and impact on output.
SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
the importance of achieving significant results in providing public infrastructure using the required capacity utilization could often hinge on the fact of what is done, how it is done, when it is done and whom it is targeted at.
The study is expected to be a concerted effort to identity articulate and highlight the existence, causes and effects of public infrastructure, capacity utilization and output growth in Nigeria. It is also the quest for streamlining its effect and making them more potent.
It is believed that the research would be beneficial to policy makers and arouse the interest of students to conduct more research in the field of study.
The study is based on the hypothesis that:
Ho: public infrastructure and capacity utilization have succeeded in improving the manufacturing sectors output.
HI: public infrastructure and capacity utilization have not succeeded in improving the manufacturing sectors output.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The aim of any research work is to draw inferences from a population or simple and then make a generalization on the define population for the reasons of coast and time sample are often selected for study purpose. It is believed that the closer the samples size to the population the more reliable the inference drawn one.
The most debilitating limitation of this study is the inadequacy of data; on the three subject matter which where not updated to the present time of this research
These issues to be raised in this are both theoretical and empirical. A sample regression model will be specified and tested, using a simple regression analysis model.
On the theoretical side, effort would be directed towards a review of the development on public infrastructure and capacity utilization and productivity growth which will provide the necessary foundation for simple empirical model.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The period of focus of this study will the period 1973 that the post civil war in Nigeria till the year 200, it is pertinent to note the period also include Pre-sab, Sap and Post sap era in Nigeria? More so, the study shall focus primarily on the impact of public infrastructure, capacity utilization for productivity growth in Nigeria.
ORGANIZATION ON THE STUDY
To achieve the stated objectives, the chapters are divided into five as follows: chapter one deal with introduction, chapter two devoted to literature review, chapter three is the researches examining the theoretical framework and model specification, while chapter four is presented and interpretation of regression result; and chapter five deals with summary, recommendation and conclusion.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Maintaining healthy employee relations in an organization is a pre requisite for organizational success. One way of maintaini...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEES MORALE (A Case Study of National Television Authority)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Manpower Training is very vital for any development of any Organization. Why some organizations ...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF SALARY INCREASE AND FRINGE BENEFITS AMONG NIGERIAN WORKERS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU RAILWAY CORPORATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any establishment either private or public, the impact of salary increase and fringe benefits cann...Continue Reading »
» BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY Teamwork is usually an integral part of the work place. Basic teamwork involves everyone working together to support the organ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the most pressing issues facing most organizations today is the need to raise employee productivity. There is a widespread belief that...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF INADEQUATE HUMAN RESOURCES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS. (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE).» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Majority of people with particular reference to the elite will be wondering why the inadequate human resources on the per...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 Background of study Public relations (PR) is the way organisations, companies and individuals communicate with the public and media. A PR speciali...Continue Reading »
9. EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND EMOTIONAL LABOUR AS DETERMIINANT OF ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT AMONG PUBLIC SERVANTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Workplace is an environment for upgrading, improving and reforming the traits related to emot...Continue Reading »
10. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM AND FOR PLANNING AND SCHEDULE CONTROL OF CONSTRUCTION IN NIGERIA OIL SECTOR» ABSTRACT Construction projects in the oil sector are commonly acknowledged as successful when they are completed on time, within budget, and in accord...Continue Reading »