Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Organization are increasingly challenge with many complex problem. There is a general outcry that standard of organization are falling and output are flagging some blame the workers for this apparent decline in organization output, a thoughtful few think that they are due to the nature of change in all direction. Majority blame the management for the woes in our organization; manager are not as devoted and dedicated to the course of good output as their predecessors.
Management as a group blames the government for unattractive condition of services, policy implementation and poor physical facilities in the organization.
Therefore, an effective leadership influences a group of people in a particular situation towards the achievement of a goal or set of organization goals. The leader must be courageous in all aspect within the organization. An organization like Kaduna Polytechnic must have a leader who is focus and be able to defend his action and the interest of his subordinates. He must believes in his own potentials.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Leadership is a social influencing process for the attainment of goals. A leader is the most influential person in an organization who provides direction, guides group activities and ensure that group objectives are attained. The function of leadership persuades all organization; a good leader therefore is one who is capable of persuading others to move enthusiastically toward the achievement of group goals.
Alan and Robert defined leadership as a process where one person exert social influences over the member of a group. A leader then, is a person for the purpose of influencing their behavior. It is safe to say that:
- All leader have influence
- They provide direction
- They help in the achievement of groups
Leadership characteristically “induce” or “inspire” other to achieve. Leadership occurs within a specific situation, in the social setting, there is a person, a position and a situation. Despite all that has been written about leader, there has no consensus concerning the primary role or function of leadership.
Indeed, the ability to lead effectively is one of the key to being an effective manager or leader. However, the essence of leadership is followership. In other words, it is the willingness of the subordinate to follow that make a person a leader. Moreso, people intend to follow those who they see as providing them a means of achieving their own desires, want and needs.
To lead is to guide, conduct, direct and precede. Leader act to help a group or organization achieved objectives with maximum application of its capabilities. They do not stand behind or a group to push or shout at them, they place themselves before the group as they facilitate progress and inspire the group to accomplish organizational goal. Therefore, leadership is to induce or persuade all subordinate or follower to contribute willingly to achieve organizational goal.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work is aimed towards finding solution to the numerous problem leadership is face with in Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna. These problems include:
- Lack of Focus: Is a broad framework for action by defining major objective. Inability of a leader to establish what the organization is trying or aim to achieve.
- Lack of Leadership Skill: This include administrative inability, lack of interpersonal relationship with subordinate.
- Lack of Confidence and Trust: A Leader that has local degree of confidence and trust will not have full control over subordinate.
- Corruption: Embezzlement and mis-appropriation of fund by leader.
- Autocratic Leadership instead of democratic.
- It can do it alone syndrome among other things.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The primary aim of this research work is to look into the following issues:
- The role of effective leadership toward achieving organizational objectives using Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna as a case study.
- The study is also set out to find out the factor affecting good leadership styles in the organization or factor militating against achieving the organization objectives.
- The study aim at suggesting possible solution to the leadership problem in Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna and the importance of having good and effective leaders.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
This work intends to investigate “the role of effective leadership toward achieving organization objectives” with reference to Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna. Research questions are:
a) What are the roles of effective leadership styles in Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna?
b) Is there any positive impact of effective leadership toward achieving organization objective?
c) What are the problems confronting effective leadership in Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna?
d) Is effective leadership is the best interest of the organization and employee?
e) Is effective leadership to enhance effective, efficient and dynamic workers character toward work and performance?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is aimed at finding possible solution to leadership in Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, this research work will also help government and non-governmental agencies to understand the problem of effective leadership and to identify way of solving the problem. The study will also help students or an institution who will also want to make finding on a similar topic. Also, it will help any individual who happen to lay his hand or read through the study to understand the role of effective leadership in the society, organization, home and where human resources are needed.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research cover the leadership styles of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna which is the case study of the project.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Many constraints are encountered in carrying out this research work. The researcher encountered the following problem in carrying out this study these are:
i) The research must survey all the five (5) units of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna in concluding this research.
ii) Another constraint is lack of sufficient fund to move from one unit to another because the institutions have 5 units in different location.
iii) Another prominent problem is time, the time within which the study is to be carried out is acute.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» 2.0 literature review 2.1 Meaning of Poultry Poultry comes from the French /Norman word, (pullus), which means small animal, but in a more comprehensi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background Social networking is creating a dramatic changes or dynamic in the environment but it’s obvious it is c...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUATING THE EFFECT OF EMPLOYEE TRANSFER ON ORGANISATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A transfer refers to lateral movement of employees within the same grade, from one job to another...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON LAGOS – IBADAN ROAD (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS END, TOLL GATE, LAGOS STATE)» ABSTRACT Lagos State being a commercial centre of Nigeria and West Africa is faced with the challenge of rapid development and its associated traffic ...Continue Reading »
5. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND NIGERIA ECONOMY A CASE STUDY IN UMUNA IN ORLU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN IMO STATE» ABSTRACT The study seeks to find out the implication of human resource development on the economic development of Umuna in Orlu Local Government Area ...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RELATION SKILLS ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES [A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BANKS IN AUCHI]» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to investigate human relations skills in the job performance of secretaries with new Nigeria bank, Uchi Communit...Continue Reading »
» Background of the Study Corporate Governance is a number of process, customers, policies, laws and institutions which impacts on the way a company is ...Continue Reading »
8. HUMAN RESORUCE MANAGEMENT IN THE HOTEL AND CATERING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL PALACE HOTEL ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Since the beginning of recorded time, people have travelled, and during their travels, have n...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project focuses on Motivating Employee through Non Monetary Incentive (A Case Study of First Bank Nig. Plc, Bida Branch). Several textbo...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF CUSTOMER AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP ON THE MANAGEMENT OF HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY BOTH PUBLICLY OWNED AND PRIVATELY OWNED ESTABLISHMENT. (A ...» ABSTRACT The researcher examined the of customer and employee relationship on the management of Hospitality industry both privately owned and publicly...Continue Reading »