Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local
Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive sampling and Random sampling technique were used
to sample four periodic markets and 437 respondents in the study area. Data were collected using
questionnaire focusing on participants from the four different periodic markets across Giwa Local
Government Area. The data was analysed using both descriptive and multiple regression analysis.
The study revealed that periodic markets have significant effect on the economic and infrastructural
development of the study area as confirmed by the regression analysis which were significant at 5%
level through increase in trader‟s income (0.000), with 24% of the traders earning above N 30,000
monthly , and creation of job opportunities (0.000) like head loaders, carriers, shoe makers road
transport workers, grain mill, welding, telecommunication business etc, construction of rural roads
(0.000) like the road constructed to link Shika, Biye and Da‟a and provision of electricity(0.000)
through the provision of electrical transformers by political representatives. It is concluded that,
periodic markets have tremendous benefit in the economic and infrastructural development of Giwa
Local Government Area. It is recommended that, there should be establishment of financial
institutions in the study area which will help traders to have access to loans to enable them expand
their business to earn more income.
Agriculture has long been recognized as a source of generating income for most rural
households as well as an engine for economic growth. The ability of households to exchange or
move surplus from region of comparative advantage to region with less potential within a country
or across national borders is an important ingredient towards the growth of agriculture and
improvement of rural livelihood (Muchopa, 2011). And this is done through periodic markets in
rural areas. Arua (2004) observed that promotion of livelihood should concentrate on human
resources and people at local levels and they should be mobilized to work together voluntarily to
put scarce resources at their disposal. Marketing these agricultural products specifically plays vital
roles in enhancing rural dwellers‟ income and eventually promotes their livelihood.
Rural development has been cardinal to Nigeria‟s socio- economic development and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF LIMESTONE QUARRYING IN LIMESTONE DEPOSIT AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF INI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN AKWAIBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Limestone quarrying is a major economic activity in many developing countries including Nigeria. ...Continue Reading »
2. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF GEOGRAPHY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL(A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The overall objective in every teaching –learning interaction as usually required is to bri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT . This study analyzed the analysis of the population of street beggars in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC). It made use of both primary an...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF URBAN EXPANSION IN AKURE-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA USING REMOTE SENSING AND GIS TECHNIQUES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Urbanization as a process is a universal phenomenon being experienced all over the world, anywhere hu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Within the last decade, environmental concerns have gained prominence throughout the world. Sever...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON(IV) OXIDE EMISSION AND MANAGEMENT OF SELECTED INDUSTRIES IN AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» Abstract This study was aimed at contributing to the efforts directed at managing Carbon(iv) oxide, CO2 emission by assessing the CO2 emissions and ma...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF CHANGES IN COCOA PRODUCTION ON FARMERS LIVELIHOOD IN EMURE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EKITI STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is a growing demand for the resuscitation of the cocoa industry in Nigeria largely due to the dwindling of the foreign exchange earning...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATING THE LAND REGISTRATION AND RE-CERTIFICATION BY THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IN VIEW TO IMPROVE THE KADUNA LAND TITLES» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background Of The Study Rapid urbanisation has placed urban land in African countries under pressure.In many of these countri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYRain is liquid water in form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then ...Continue Reading »
10. Planning Implications of Housing Development in Jos Jarawa District, Jos North, Plateau State, Nigeria» ABSTRACTThis study aims at examining the housing development in Jos Jarawa. 150 households were surveyed across the District employing simple random s...Continue Reading »