Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local
Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive sampling and Random sampling technique were used
to sample four periodic markets and 437 respondents in the study area. Data were collected using
questionnaire focusing on participants from the four different periodic markets across Giwa Local
Government Area. The data was analysed using both descriptive and multiple regression analysis.
The study revealed that periodic markets have significant effect on the economic and infrastructural
development of the study area as confirmed by the regression analysis which were significant at 5%
level through increase in trader‟s income (0.000), with 24% of the traders earning above N 30,000
monthly , and creation of job opportunities (0.000) like head loaders, carriers, shoe makers road
transport workers, grain mill, welding, telecommunication business etc, construction of rural roads
(0.000) like the road constructed to link Shika, Biye and Da‟a and provision of electricity(0.000)
through the provision of electrical transformers by political representatives. It is concluded that,
periodic markets have tremendous benefit in the economic and infrastructural development of Giwa
Local Government Area. It is recommended that, there should be establishment of financial
institutions in the study area which will help traders to have access to loans to enable them expand
their business to earn more income.
Agriculture has long been recognized as a source of generating income for most rural
households as well as an engine for economic growth. The ability of households to exchange or
move surplus from region of comparative advantage to region with less potential within a country
or across national borders is an important ingredient towards the growth of agriculture and
improvement of rural livelihood (Muchopa, 2011). And this is done through periodic markets in
rural areas. Arua (2004) observed that promotion of livelihood should concentrate on human
resources and people at local levels and they should be mobilized to work together voluntarily to
put scarce resources at their disposal. Marketing these agricultural products specifically plays vital
roles in enhancing rural dwellers‟ income and eventually promotes their livelihood.
Rural development has been cardinal to Nigeria‟s socio- economic development and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF ROAD TRANSPORT IN THE MOVEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN MAKARFI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAOF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is inadequacy in the number of vehicles to convey farm outputs from farms to markets in Nigeria. Roads are generally inadequate and ver...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Origin and Distribution of Okra Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus(L.)Moench)originated in Ethopia in the year 120 BC. It is a ...Continue Reading »
3. RISK FACTORS INFLUENCING DIARRHOEAL OCCURRENCE AMONG CHILDREN UNDER FIVE YEARS OLD IN INFORMAL URBAN SETTLEMENTS: A CASE STUDY OF KOROGOCHO, IN NAIROB...» ABSTRACT The main objective of this study was to establish the relationship between risk factors of childhood diarrhoea and it’s occurrence in K...Continue Reading »
4. ANALYSIS OF HEALTH CARE FACILITIES AND HUMAN RESOURCES IN KAURA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at analyzing health care facilities and human resources in Kaura Local Government Area, Kaduna State, Nigeria, using Geo...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF GOVERNMENT EFFORT ON THE PROVISION OF PORTABLE WATER SUPPLY IN BIDA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF NIGER STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria has enormous quantity of water resources, surface and underground, that requires a well articulated administrativ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Human anxiousness as well as quest to improve survival chances and gain better control over their...Continue Reading »
7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGERIA WITH A PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Community development can be viewed as a process, a method, a movement and a programme of human a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In Kaduna State, poverty is rife and the aged are more at risk as most of them are no longer in the economically active phase of life and the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Water is an essential liquid to human lives and continuous existence of the ecosystem. Water has ...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON(IV) OXIDE EMISSION AND MANAGEMENT OF SELECTED INDUSTRIES IN AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» Abstract This study was aimed at contributing to the efforts directed at managing Carbon(iv) oxide, CO2 emission by assessing the CO2 emissions and ma...Continue Reading »