Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local
Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive sampling and Random sampling technique were used
to sample four periodic markets and 437 respondents in the study area. Data were collected using
questionnaire focusing on participants from the four different periodic markets across Giwa Local
Government Area. The data was analysed using both descriptive and multiple regression analysis.
The study revealed that periodic markets have significant effect on the economic and infrastructural
development of the study area as confirmed by the regression analysis which were significant at 5%
level through increase in trader‟s income (0.000), with 24% of the traders earning above N 30,000
monthly , and creation of job opportunities (0.000) like head loaders, carriers, shoe makers road
transport workers, grain mill, welding, telecommunication business etc, construction of rural roads
(0.000) like the road constructed to link Shika, Biye and Da‟a and provision of electricity(0.000)
through the provision of electrical transformers by political representatives. It is concluded that,
periodic markets have tremendous benefit in the economic and infrastructural development of Giwa
Local Government Area. It is recommended that, there should be establishment of financial
institutions in the study area which will help traders to have access to loans to enable them expand
their business to earn more income.
Agriculture has long been recognized as a source of generating income for most rural
households as well as an engine for economic growth. The ability of households to exchange or
move surplus from region of comparative advantage to region with less potential within a country
or across national borders is an important ingredient towards the growth of agriculture and
improvement of rural livelihood (Muchopa, 2011). And this is done through periodic markets in
rural areas. Arua (2004) observed that promotion of livelihood should concentrate on human
resources and people at local levels and they should be mobilized to work together voluntarily to
put scarce resources at their disposal. Marketing these agricultural products specifically plays vital
roles in enhancing rural dwellers‟ income and eventually promotes their livelihood.
Rural development has been cardinal to Nigeria‟s socio- economic development and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Physiochemical Characteristics and Environmental Impact of Effluent Wastes from PROMOTEX Industries, Nnewi.» ABSTRACT For a total period of four months, effluent, water and soil samples were collected on a monthly basis from an industrial area in Nnewi in Ana...Continue Reading »
2. A STUDY INTO THE INFLUENCE OF FIELD STUDY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS (Case study of Geography Department, UNIBEN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Field study is the collection of information outside a laboratory, library or workplace setting (...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The United Nations framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC) in 1992 made climate change a policy frame work of man...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON(IV) OXIDE EMISSION AND MANAGEMENT OF SELECTED INDUSTRIES IN AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» Abstract This study was aimed at contributing to the efforts directed at managing Carbon(iv) oxide, CO2 emission by assessing the CO2 emissions and ma...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work examines the Nigeria’s foreign debt profile, in relation to the debt management plans adopted to manage Nigeria’s incre...Continue Reading »
6. A GEOSPATIAL ASSESSMENT OF AREAS VULNERABLE TO FLOODING WITHIN SOKOTO RIMA RIVER BASIN IN SOKOTO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Flood is one of the most harmful natural disasters in the world. Its effect on human existence as well as the environment has been on the inc...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF CHANGES IN COCOA PRODUCTION ON FARMERS LIVELIHOOD IN EMURE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EKITI STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is a growing demand for the resuscitation of the cocoa industry in Nigeria largely due to the dwindling of the foreign exchange earning...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In Kaduna State, poverty is rife and the aged are more at risk as most of them are no longer in the economically active phase of life and the...Continue Reading »
9. FUELWOOD CONSUMPTION AND ITS IMPACT ON RESIDENTS OF KAKAU DAJE VILLAGE, CHIKUN LOCAL GOV ERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Majority of rural dwellers in Nigeria today depend on fuelwood as their main source of energy for cooking and heating. The rate of consumptio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To Study The complexity of anthropogenic activities of man without adequate attention to geological structure of m...Continue Reading »