Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local
Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive sampling and Random sampling technique were used
to sample four periodic markets and 437 respondents in the study area. Data were collected using
questionnaire focusing on participants from the four different periodic markets across Giwa Local
Government Area. The data was analysed using both descriptive and multiple regression analysis.
The study revealed that periodic markets have significant effect on the economic and infrastructural
development of the study area as confirmed by the regression analysis which were significant at 5%
level through increase in trader‟s income (0.000), with 24% of the traders earning above N 30,000
monthly , and creation of job opportunities (0.000) like head loaders, carriers, shoe makers road
transport workers, grain mill, welding, telecommunication business etc, construction of rural roads
(0.000) like the road constructed to link Shika, Biye and Da‟a and provision of electricity(0.000)
through the provision of electrical transformers by political representatives. It is concluded that,
periodic markets have tremendous benefit in the economic and infrastructural development of Giwa
Local Government Area. It is recommended that, there should be establishment of financial
institutions in the study area which will help traders to have access to loans to enable them expand
their business to earn more income.
Agriculture has long been recognized as a source of generating income for most rural
households as well as an engine for economic growth. The ability of households to exchange or
move surplus from region of comparative advantage to region with less potential within a country
or across national borders is an important ingredient towards the growth of agriculture and
improvement of rural livelihood (Muchopa, 2011). And this is done through periodic markets in
rural areas. Arua (2004) observed that promotion of livelihood should concentrate on human
resources and people at local levels and they should be mobilized to work together voluntarily to
put scarce resources at their disposal. Marketing these agricultural products specifically plays vital
roles in enhancing rural dwellers‟ income and eventually promotes their livelihood.
Rural development has been cardinal to Nigeria‟s socio- economic development and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa and the 8th in the world with an estimated figure o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It is no longer stories that the population is globally aging. The growing number of the ageing persons has posed a great challenge on famili...Continue Reading »
3. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING GEOGRAPHY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Geography education was introduced in the Nigerian School Curriculum as part of the instrument fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEBACKGROUND TO THE STUDY1.1 IntroductionClimate change is one of the greatest contemporary environmental challenges and is global in dimensi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Within the last decade, environmental concerns have gained prominence throughout the world. Sever...Continue Reading »
6. A DISSERTATION SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARJA IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWAR...» ABSTRACT Trucking hasbecome the major and most important mean of transporting goods in Nigeria as a result of the collapse of the rail means. Due to t...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS OF THE LIVING CONDITIONS OF THE ELDERLY IN LAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The elderly in Nigeria are denied resources by formal institutions towards retirement and comfort to life in advanced stage of their existenc...Continue Reading »
» GENERAL INTRODUCTION Plato, a native of Athens and the son of Ariston and Perictione was born in 427B.C. His original name was Aristocle while Plato w...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF IMPROVED WATER AND SANITATION COVERAGE IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study is an assessment of improved water and sanitation coverage in Kaduna South, Nigeria. Due to rapid urban and population growth, sani...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the greatest hazards of man today is poor sanitary condition of his environment, which is being caused by his dail...Continue Reading »