Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
Industrial wastes have major impact on the environmental quality both nationally and globally. The waste produced could be hazardous in nature. The aim of this research is to assess the solid waste management in Zaria industrial estate, Nigeria. The study employed questionnaire administration and in-depth interview instruments. The industries for this study were purposively selected namely, Sunseed industries, Premier Seed Company, Olam Nigeria Limited and Nalmaco Industry. A total of 398 respondents‘ within the industrial zone were sampled in order to get information on the effect the waste has on them. The studyemploys descriptive statistic in analysis of data by the use of frequency tables and percentage in presenting the data collected from the questionnaire administered to the respondent. Results of the analyses showed that impurities (9.5%), trash and refuse (10.7%), mote (5.6%), soap stock (10.6%), boiling ash (23.8%), etc are the major wastes produced by industries in Zaria. The industries adopted source reduction (37.9%) and recycling (36.3%) as a way of managing their waste. However, the effect of industrial waste management practice was majorly flooding (39.6%), water pollution (23.1%) and air pollution (16.3%) which was as a result of dumping solid industrial waste indiscriminately. And that community sensitization (54.9%) is what the industries use to report the effect of their waste to the community as a way of reporting waste to the community. Also, the compliance level of industrial with recommended waste management practices by NESREA showed that Sunseed (3.67) recorded the highest, while the least was Premier seed limited with (3.29) respectively. Due to the effects of the waste a high proportion of respondents (46.2%) migrated out of the community because of the health implication the waste has on them. Based on the findings, it is recommended, that a technically based personnel should be used to handle industrial hazardous wastes. Industries need to receive authorization from Kaduna State Protection Agency (KEPA) before disposing any hazardous waste and setting up of recycling plant within the industries to enhance recycling.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. 1 Background of the Study Soil is one of the world‘s greatest resource. It has been described as a natural body of a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To Study The complexity of anthropogenic activities of man without adequate attention to geological structure of m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project is an assessment of built up expansion in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto from 2007 to 2015. Data for this research...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF ADAPTATION STRATEGIES TO CLIMATE CHANGE ON LIVELIHOOD OF RURAL COMMUNITIES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study assessed the adaptation strategies to climate change on livelihood of rural communities in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. A total of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Clay is a common name for a number of fine grained earthly materials that become plastic and tenacious when moist, and th...Continue Reading »
6. Planning Implications of Housing Development in Jos Jarawa District, Jos North, Plateau State, Nigeria» ABSTRACTThis study aims at examining the housing development in Jos Jarawa. 150 households were surveyed across the District employing simple random s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIONClay is a common name for a number of fine grained earthly materials that become plastic and tenacious when moist, and tha...Continue Reading »
8. ANALYSIS OF ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG FARMERS IN AGATU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of credit in agricultural production cannot be over emphasized. Farmers in Agatu Local Government Area despite being an agrari...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the generation of the solid waste in Achara layout and the effects of INTERNET WORK ENGINEERING LTD (a private sector ...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTS OF PERIODIC MARKETS ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF GIWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study focuses on the effects of periodic markets on economic development of Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Purposive samplin...Continue Reading »