Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
Industrial wastes have major impact on the environmental quality both nationally and globally. The waste produced could be hazardous in nature. The aim of this research is to assess the solid waste management in Zaria industrial estate, Nigeria. The study employed questionnaire administration and in-depth interview instruments. The industries for this study were purposively selected namely, Sunseed industries, Premier Seed Company, Olam Nigeria Limited and Nalmaco Industry. A total of 398 respondents‘ within the industrial zone were sampled in order to get information on the effect the waste has on them. The studyemploys descriptive statistic in analysis of data by the use of frequency tables and percentage in presenting the data collected from the questionnaire administered to the respondent. Results of the analyses showed that impurities (9.5%), trash and refuse (10.7%), mote (5.6%), soap stock (10.6%), boiling ash (23.8%), etc are the major wastes produced by industries in Zaria. The industries adopted source reduction (37.9%) and recycling (36.3%) as a way of managing their waste. However, the effect of industrial waste management practice was majorly flooding (39.6%), water pollution (23.1%) and air pollution (16.3%) which was as a result of dumping solid industrial waste indiscriminately. And that community sensitization (54.9%) is what the industries use to report the effect of their waste to the community as a way of reporting waste to the community. Also, the compliance level of industrial with recommended waste management practices by NESREA showed that Sunseed (3.67) recorded the highest, while the least was Premier seed limited with (3.29) respectively. Due to the effects of the waste a high proportion of respondents (46.2%) migrated out of the community because of the health implication the waste has on them. Based on the findings, it is recommended, that a technically based personnel should be used to handle industrial hazardous wastes. Industries need to receive authorization from Kaduna State Protection Agency (KEPA) before disposing any hazardous waste and setting up of recycling plant within the industries to enhance recycling.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON GROUNDWATER BY STUDYING CLIMATE PARAMETERS OF THE SOIL AND ATMOSPHERE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Water is indispensable for life, but its availability at a sustainable quality and quantity is threat...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project aimed at finding out the Environmental Health Implications of Waste Generated in Abattoirs A Case Study of Kaduna South Local Go...Continue Reading »
3. GEOTECHNICAL PROPERTIES OF SOME LATERITIC SOILS IN OSUN STATE (A CASE STUDY OF IFELODUN AND BORIPE L.G.A)» ABSTRACT This project work examines the geotechnical properties of lateritic soil in three located areas in which the two samples were taken from each...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study attempts an assessment of tree species density and diversity on smallholder farms in Wudil, Bichi, Ungogo and Gaya areas of Kano S...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND COASTAL FLOODING IN BRASS AND NEMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS WITHIN BAYELSA STATE. NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND In the past few year, the whether climate is changing and been characterised by the temperature, wind, preci...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF IMPROVED WATER AND SANITATION COVERAGE IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study is an assessment of improved water and sanitation coverage in Kaduna South, Nigeria. Due to rapid urban and population growth, sani...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF CHANGES IN COCOA PRODUCTION ON FARMERS LIVELIHOOD IN EMURE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EKITI STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is a growing demand for the resuscitation of the cocoa industry in Nigeria largely due to the dwindling of the foreign exchange earning...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF SOME HEAVY METALS CONTENT IN LOCAL AND IMPORTED FISH IN JEMA’A LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT People in Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State, consume both imported and local fish without adequate information of likely hea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 General Statement Geological field mapping exercise is the preliminary study usually carried out to understand the ge...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This report is concerned with work done and the skills acquired during the student industrial training which is primarily on survey and town ...Continue Reading »