Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
Industrial wastes have major impact on the environmental quality both nationally and globally. The waste produced could be hazardous in nature. The aim of this research is to assess the solid waste management in Zaria industrial estate, Nigeria. The study employed questionnaire administration and in-depth interview instruments. The industries for this study were purposively selected namely, Sunseed industries, Premier Seed Company, Olam Nigeria Limited and Nalmaco Industry. A total of 398 respondents‘ within the industrial zone were sampled in order to get information on the effect the waste has on them. The studyemploys descriptive statistic in analysis of data by the use of frequency tables and percentage in presenting the data collected from the questionnaire administered to the respondent. Results of the analyses showed that impurities (9.5%), trash and refuse (10.7%), mote (5.6%), soap stock (10.6%), boiling ash (23.8%), etc are the major wastes produced by industries in Zaria. The industries adopted source reduction (37.9%) and recycling (36.3%) as a way of managing their waste. However, the effect of industrial waste management practice was majorly flooding (39.6%), water pollution (23.1%) and air pollution (16.3%) which was as a result of dumping solid industrial waste indiscriminately. And that community sensitization (54.9%) is what the industries use to report the effect of their waste to the community as a way of reporting waste to the community. Also, the compliance level of industrial with recommended waste management practices by NESREA showed that Sunseed (3.67) recorded the highest, while the least was Premier seed limited with (3.29) respectively. Due to the effects of the waste a high proportion of respondents (46.2%) migrated out of the community because of the health implication the waste has on them. Based on the findings, it is recommended, that a technically based personnel should be used to handle industrial hazardous wastes. Industries need to receive authorization from Kaduna State Protection Agency (KEPA) before disposing any hazardous waste and setting up of recycling plant within the industries to enhance recycling.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP OF THE FACULTY OF SCIENCE (KASU) SERVING AS A REFERENCE DOCUMENT AND USE AS A RESEARCH MATERIAL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.0.1 MAP A map is a pictorial, diagram or analogue (or all) of the surface of the earth (or othe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEBACKGROUND TO THE STUDY1.1 IntroductionClimate change is one of the greatest contemporary environmental challenges and is global in dimensi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT . This study analyzed the analysis of the population of street beggars in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC). It made use of both primary an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction In every society whether rural or urban there is dominant economic activity engaged by large number of population of that...Continue Reading »
5. FUELWOOD EXPLOITATION AND ITS IMPACTS ON ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AMONG OF KAKAU DAJI VILLAGE, CHIKUN LGA KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Fuelwood is a source of energy derived by burning wood materials like logs and twigs and is commo...Continue Reading »
6. ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF LIMESTONE QUARRYING IN LIMESTONE DEPOSIT AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF INI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN AKWAIBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Limestone quarrying is a major economic activity in many developing countries including Nigeria. ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the generation of the solid waste in Achara layout and the effects of INTERNET WORK ENGINEERING LTD (a private sector ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The United Nations framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC) in 1992 made climate change a policy frame work of man...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE RESEARCH The adaptation of technology has remained a significant factor in human progress as a result of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Rain is liquid water in form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then...Continue Reading »