Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Niyi Osundare is one of Nigeria’s most prolific poets whose works have
contributed significantly to the growth of a Nigerian poetic tradition. His appearance on
the literary scene has brought a new direction to the development of poetic activity. This
is seen in his radical approach to social, political and economic themes and in his indepth
exploration of oral tradition with the aim of stamping an indigenous identity on African
poetry by deliberately writing poetry that carries less western influences. It is of note that
Osundare is able to make his contribution to Nigerian poetry because the tradition of
poetry existed before he wrote.
The tradition of Nigerian poetry owes its evolution to certain significant factors,
these are the historical events of Africa’s contact with colonialism and the neo-colonial
apparatus, the culture of criticism that literary output depends on to thrive and the African
tradition, that rich reservoir of verbal and non-verbal art forms in the form of tales,
proverbs, images, myths, legends, music, mime and gestures.
The research explores significant manifestations of Osundare’s poetry and how
these have contributed to the growth of modern Nigerian poetry. The first chapter
undertakes a survey of Nigerian poetry by establishing the pioneering voices of Osadebey
and Okara. It highlights the poetic voices of Soyinka, Okigbo and Clark whose works
have built up the tradition of Nigerian poetry and also influenced the direction of
The second chapter analyses Osundare’s concept of commitment as closely linked
to his radical ideological leaning that views literary activity as serving a political purpose.
The third chapter analyses Osundare’s use of the oral artistic technique. It
highlights his celebration of the traditional ethos and his use of traditional idioms as
framework upon which the poems are built.
The fourth chapter analyses the poet’s distinctive use of nature in poetry. The
chapter brings out the various ways Osundare has used nature imagery in his poetry.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The global spread of the English language led to the position that is now true: that there is...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 101 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
2. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF LEXICAL TERMS IN SANGH-GAMI AND SANGH GHSHI DIALECTS OF (ZAAR) SAYAWA COMMUNITIES OF BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT Language is a living entity that is always in constant change. It develops changes, undergoes modernisation and vanishes. In every language, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 96 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
3. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
130 pages | 67 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
4. CHALLENGES OF POST-INDEPENDENCE AFRICA: A STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the colonial period, the African continent suffered a great deal of subjugation and humiliation at the han...Continue Reading »
131 pages | 941 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 427 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
6. A STUDY OF THE MISUSE OF ADVERBS IN THE WRITTEN ENGLISH OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT The study “A Study of the Misuse of Adverbs in The Written English of the Undergraduate of the Kogi State University, Ayingba” wa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 29 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT Obviously, it has been brought to mind that racism is one of the major issues in Black American literature and has triggered concerns over th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 1,183 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
8. THE LANGUAGE OF FEMINISM AND ITS IMPACT ON THE SOCIETY Using the work of Mariama Ba’s So Long a Letter,» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study The struggle for women’ right began in the 18th century during the period of intense intellectual a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.0 Background of the Study Language variation has remained a prominent theme in sociolinguistic enquiry by virtue of its...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 336 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
10. THE PORTRAYAL OF MEMORY, TRAUMA AND THERAPY IN POST-APARTHEID SOUTH AFRICAN PLAYS: A STUDY OF LARA FOOT NEWTON’S REACH! AND CRAIG HIGGINSON’S DREA...» ABSTRACT Using Lara Foot Newton’s Reach! and Craig Higginson’s Dream of the Dog, this study explores the manner in which this selected Sou...Continue Reading »
143 pages | 8 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES