Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 106 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This thesis titled “English-based loan words in Etuno Language”
is a documentation and analysis of some English-based loan words in Etuno language.
The study is propelled by the following observations:
(a) that a large part of the vocabulary of the Etuno Language are loan words from
other languages particularly the English Language and the Yoruba Language.
(b) that these loan words are basically as a result of the need for new designations.
(c) that these loan words have been nativized and are generally used by the Etuno
speakers. The work is therefore aimed at finding out the extent to which the Etuno
Language has borrowed from the English Language and analyzing how the loan words
undergo such phonological changes in the course of nativizing them. The source of data
for the research is primary source which involves the researcher’s intuitive knowledge of
the language and information elicited from word list. The researcher discovered that
there are very many English loan words in the Etuno Language and that in the course of
nativizing these loan words, they (the loan words) experienced adjustments in line with
the morpho-phonemic rules of the Etuno Language.
This chapter gives a general background to the study. A study cannot be carried
out on any language without the knowledge of the history of its speakers. This chapter
will therefore give a brief account of the history of the Etuno speaking people, their early
contact with the Yoruba language and the English language. The chapter will also
contain the statement of research problem, research questions, the aims and objectives of
the study, its justification and significance; and the scope of the study.
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
Spoken language is a purely human activity. It is central to human life. Without
language, there will be no interaction, n
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL AIDS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ZARIA METROPOLIS, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Every instructional activity involves communication. Language is a meaningful medium of sending a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The issue of feminism springs up from women’s consciousness of their situation in the socie...Continue Reading »
3. NEO-COLONIALISM IN SELECTED POEMS OF JOE USHIE’S A REIGN OF LOCUSTS AND EYOH ETIM’S SONG OF OUR TIME» Abstract This research examines the Concept of Neo Colonialism in Joe Ushie’s A Reign of Locusts and Eyoh Etim’s Songs of Our Time. The poets focu...Continue Reading »
4. A PEDAGOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH IN SOME SELECTED GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT This dissertation assesses the teaching and learning process of Literature in English in some selected secondary schools in Bauchi state. The...Continue Reading »
5. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND SYMBOLISM IN ADICHIE CHIMAMANDA NGOZI’S HALF OF A YELLOW SUN AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROWS OF RAIN» Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Misuse of government power for other purposes such as ...Continue Reading »
6. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ADOPTION OF INTERNET TOOLS BY AFRICAN INDEPENDENT TELEVISION-AIT AND NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY-NTA NETWORK SERVICE» Abstract This study entitled “A Comparative Study of the Adoption of Internet Tools by African Independent Television AIT and Nigerian Televisio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The concept of disability as an entity worthy of study in African literature is hardly ever considered, yet it an engaging issue. Disability ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis work is titled "study of some syntactic problems of English usage among university undergraduates in Lagos State University (LASU)" was s...Continue Reading »
» General Introduction Language as a means of communication is significant for people. As it helps to convey a message in both written and spoken form; ...Continue Reading »
10. ENEMIES OF THEIR OWN: FEMALE CHARACTERS IN NAWAL EL SAADAWI’S WOMAN AT POINT ZERO AND REBEKA NJAU’S RIPPLES IN THE POOL» ABSTRACT Feminism in Africa has occupied a very sensitive position in African literature as feminist writers have contributed to its growth through th...Continue Reading »