Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 106 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This thesis titled “English-based loan words in Etuno Language”
is a documentation and analysis of some English-based loan words in Etuno language.
The study is propelled by the following observations:
(a) that a large part of the vocabulary of the Etuno Language are loan words from
other languages particularly the English Language and the Yoruba Language.
(b) that these loan words are basically as a result of the need for new designations.
(c) that these loan words have been nativized and are generally used by the Etuno
speakers. The work is therefore aimed at finding out the extent to which the Etuno
Language has borrowed from the English Language and analyzing how the loan words
undergo such phonological changes in the course of nativizing them. The source of data
for the research is primary source which involves the researcher’s intuitive knowledge of
the language and information elicited from word list. The researcher discovered that
there are very many English loan words in the Etuno Language and that in the course of
nativizing these loan words, they (the loan words) experienced adjustments in line with
the morpho-phonemic rules of the Etuno Language.
This chapter gives a general background to the study. A study cannot be carried
out on any language without the knowledge of the history of its speakers. This chapter
will therefore give a brief account of the history of the Etuno speaking people, their early
contact with the Yoruba language and the English language. The chapter will also
contain the statement of research problem, research questions, the aims and objectives of
the study, its justification and significance; and the scope of the study.
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
Spoken language is a purely human activity. It is central to human life. Without
language, there will be no interaction, n
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A SOCIO LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF DEROGATORY WORDS ON WOMEN (A CASE STUDY OF IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Sociolinguistics cannot be defined without the language use and the society’s feedback to it. S...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is designed to examine how effectively Hospital posters in Abuja communicate health message. In other words it looks into whether ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle pageCertificationDedicationAcknowledgementTable of Content1.0 CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION1.1 Purpose of Study1.2 Scope of the Stud...Continue Reading »
4. POETRY AS AN EXPRESSION OF ANGER: A CASE STUDY OF TANURE OJAIDE’S THE FATE OF VULTURES AND OTHER POEMS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BIOGRAPHY AND WORKS OF THE POET Tanure Ojaide’s sixteen poetry collections include Labyrinths of the Delta (1986), The ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Several studies have been carried out on the old poetry of Niyi Osundare using both literary and linguistic approaches; however, there has be...Continue Reading »
6. CHALLENGES OF POST-INDEPENDENCE AFRICA: A STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the colonial period, the African continent suffered a great deal of subjugation and humiliation at the han...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This study titled “A discussion of the effects of war and on women and children using Femi Osofisa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human Beings are social animals and language is an instrument of the society which is acculturated into a give...Continue Reading »
9. Nigerians and Politeness Expression in the English Language: A Study of the Non-teaching Staff of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, the English language is the language of everyday communication, especially in work places. To support this, most employers of lab...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING SECONDARY SCHOOL ORAL ENGLISH INSTRUCTION IN OSOGBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OSUN STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION In English Language, there is a strong correlation between oral language skills and achievement in the writtenlanguage among ...Continue Reading »