Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work is concerned with reduplication in Nigerian
English from the speeches and utterances of some students in the
Department of Modern European Languages and Linguistics, Usmanu
Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. The study shows that reduplication occurs
to signify contrastive meaning, pluralism, emphasis and creation of
new words with different semantic forms. Reduplication was therefore
further discovered to be one of the features of Nigerian English.
Reduplication is a morphological process in which the root of a word or a part of it is repeated. In many languages, reduplication is used in inflections to convey grammatical functions and in lexical derivations to create semantic functions. Kachru (1982) noted that the reduplication of items belongs to various word classes. For instance, some English words are often reduplicated or repeated consecutively, either for emphasis, pluralisation or to create new meanings. Bobda (1994) identified three categories of words which generally undergo the process of reduplication; numerals, intensifiers and quantifiers.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Reduplication is an important phenomenon in language studies. Its
attributes have long been studied in terms of various formalist
theories. However, there is a general consensus that the role of
reduplication in English language has been widely ignored.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTWhile Nigerian scholars have examined code switching in conversation and in literary language (Akere, 1980; Amuda, 1986, 1994; Goke Pariola, 1...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation is a study of the influence of the Supernatural in Elechi Amadi’s The Concubine and The Great Ponds an x ray of men a...Continue Reading »
3. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research preoccupies itself mainly with the pragmatic analysis of the use of euphemisms in Yoruba language. It sets out to examine euphe...Continue Reading »
5. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» ABSTRACT This study deploys Historicism as a literary discourse to the analysis of the selected writings of Isidore Okpewho, Elechi Amadi and Biyi Ban...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The effects of nature and nurture on lives cut across disciplines and deal with the question of what determines patterns of human behaviour, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on analyzing and contrasting the processes of noun formation in both English and Igbo languages. The method of data analys...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON THE LEARNING OF ENGLISH-LANGUAGE AS A SECOND LANGUAGE.(A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY, GOMBE,...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Research background English language is considered one of the most widely spoken languages all over the world. Although i...Continue Reading »
9. A PEDAGOGICAL ASSESSMENT OF LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH IN SOME SELECTED GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT This dissertation assesses the teaching and learning process of Literature in English in some selected secondary schools in Bauchi state. The...Continue Reading »
10. NEW HISTORICISM AND CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN DRAMA: A STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND OSOFISAN’S MOROUNTODUN» Abstract This work explores New Historicists aesthetics in Soyinka‟s Death and the King’s Horseman and Osofisan‟s Morountodun and brings to ...Continue Reading »