Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The earliest novelist in Africa were men before the advent of female writers in the scene. Then, the male writers portray women as instrument of pleasure and seen as slaves subservient to serves men. Some of the major role ascribe the women mostly were child bearers child rearers and cooks for households.
Accordingly, this misconception about the role of women’s roles were relegated to the background. This was the case that earlier writers use for a long time until the female began to emerge and took the bull by the horn. The women thereby decided to correct such parochial perspectives of women in their own novels to rebuild the correct image that include modern activities and conducts of the Africa women. This is the premise upon which this study is based. The study attempt to examine the roles of Africa writers in Africa society, using Zainab Alkalis “Still born” and the “Virtuous Women” as case study.
In addition to correcting the narrow – mindedness of women by earlier male write. This study aims to point out their vision perspective and solutions to societal ills, customs and negative practices that Africa women are subjected to at the detriment of men. This passion to tell their correct stories that depict their roles was so powerful that it visibly launched them on the global scene as creative writers on the continent.
In African the oppression of women has progressed along the pattern of different historical experience the issue of exploitation of the women attracted to the attention of so many female writers such as Flora Nwap, Buchi Emechta, Zaynab Alkalis Molara Ogudipo, Leslie etc.
In Nigerian women are treated as second class citizens just like any women, in the world was exclusively offered to males and when education become available to both sexes, the male and female ratio regarding students enrolment clearly demonstrated women’s continued restriction from formal education. Amadum document (15th February, 2001 ,this gender based access with statistic regarding Nigeria’s province school in 1960 the ratio of boys to girls in the nation’s Eastern province school are greater than? And an astounding in the schools that are located in Nigeria Central province despite. The assumed outnumbering of men by women in term of population probably due to the social structure of the society in which men are more exposed to death considering their participation in political economic, and social affairs, the women still constitute the monitory while the society is controlled by men.
This project is therefore an attempt to bring focus into the commendable efforts of some Nigerian female writers who use their proactive writing to agitate for change in the adverse cultural forces that miliate against any improvement in the social status of women in the society.
Female writers in Northern Nigeria also lead to concern itself with theme that are similar to those from southern Nigeria. However the essence of women in the society Zaynab Alkali comes from the northern part of Nigeria is referred to as educationally backward. Her books analysis the impacts of western education on her female characters in her works, she acknowledges that, knowledge is the key to all the good things of life. She also highlights how culture has not helped matters, in some cultures, allowing a girl to acquired education is a taboo and on some occasions such girls and their parents are ridiculed. A girl is supposed to marry early at the age of thirteen or fourteen Evan when these early marriage do not work, sorrow and self pitying should not be able to find her footing. Therefore according to her if women molestation and suffering must stop, the parents must invest in the girl child education.
Religion also plays it’s own role, on women in Muslim society, women are to be indoors because the societies believe, they should completely be dependent on their husbands. (The holy book Qur’an ‘Surah Bakarah Veser 20) they are deprived of exposure which evidently affects their ability to participate in revolutionary trends. The aim is to provided protection for women who are to be protected due to their fragile nature and respect as mother. This is contrary to modernity perspective.
The whole concept of feminism in northern Nigeria therefore is armed at breaking the conspiracy of silence about women oppression and unequal it’s to man, also in relationships and to create social awakening for all women to be free from domination by men, a change of attitude in society must take place.
ZaynabAlkalion a general note sees women as metaphors for comfort, understanding ,love and warmth. Her criticism have demystified the nation of the so-called natural inferiority of women which is the myth of their physical weakness, lack of mental alertness, natural incapacity for any role other then motherhood have to be the result of historical and social conditioning and therefore subject to Change. Alkali’s to a great extent is an advocate of feminist, who portrays female characters with pride and dignity.
The journey toward a kind of liberation of self limitation is the essence of the “stillborn”. The novel convert truthfully the quality of life not just in Northern Nigeria but in must African societies. This is the predicament of women which if focused on education, will make women to assume better status in the society. Women should be part and parcel of societal and family decisions. This will lead to the improvement and development of the country as a whole
In conclusion therefore, this study hopes to examine the roles played by female African writers in advancing women’s roles and reduce some of the negative practices against women in our societies.
The study also celebrates feminist and it serve as kind of encouragement for better treatment of women generally and advocacy of the girl child education in particular
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DECEIT AND INFIDELITY IN THE WORKS OF FEMI OSOFISAN: A STUDY OF MIDNIGHT HOTEL AND FIDDLERS ON THE MIDNIGHT LARK» ABSTRACT This research investigates the concept of infidelity and deceit, the purpose is to create happier homes by revealing the already known facts ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Nature is not the ultimate reality, but it has a valuable role to play in the life of man. It is a real and not a deceptive s...Continue Reading »
3. SPELLING ERRORS AMONG NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS EFFECT ON THEIR PERFORMANCE AS POSSIBLE REMEDIES» Abstract According to spelling experts, it is very important that the learners of a secondary language should be equipped with the basic words as to b...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF THE FAMILY IN CHILD’S LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT IN FUNTUA EDUCATION ZONE, KATSINA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study There has been shortage of speculation about the origins of human speech. One general fact ho...Continue Reading »
5. A SOCIOLINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF CLASSROOM INTERACTIONAL PATTERNS IN FEDERAL COLLEGE OF FORESTRY MECHANIZATION, AFAKA-KADUNA» ABSTRACT This study is titled a Sociolinguistic Analysis of Classroom Interactional Patterns in Federal College of Forestry Mechanization Afaka. The d...Continue Reading »
6. FOLKLORE AND THE QUEST FOR REINVENTION: A STUDY OF WOLE SOYINKA’S DEATH AND A KING’S HORSEMEN AND HOPE EGHAGHA’S DEATH NOT A REDEEMER» ABSTRACT Folklore as an aspect of the African oral tradition has been traced to traditional African society handed down by customs, beliefs and an asp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Linguistic stylistic analysis of the language of poets investigates the use of language in literature especially poetry and distinguishes it ...Continue Reading »
8. THE PROBLEMS OF INDIGENOUS BOOK PUBLISHING IN NIGERIA PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF PUBLISHING IN AFRICA: INSIGHT FROM A NIGERIAN INDIGENOUS PUBLISHING ...» ABSTRACT Book publishing seems to be taking the back seat in the “comity” of mass media especially in Africa. The import of publishing is ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Newspapers are veritable tools for promoting literacy through reading, writing and dialogues (among readers and critics), which are the hallm...Continue Reading »
10. RACISM AND OPPRESSION IN BLACK AMERICAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF RICHARD WRIGHT'S NATIVE SON AND BLACK BOY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The novel black boy and native son reflects the racism and oppression of the black people at ever...Continue Reading »