Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This dissertation titled: A postmodernist Representation in Ben Okri’s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows is premised on the argument that irrespective of their individual themes, novels are significant mechanisms of presentation or representation of thoughts and ideas through semblances circumscribed by narration or telling, all of which are contingent upon various representative modes. In the present context, postmodernist representation of necessity has been defined as an artistic as well as an aesthetic form to represent a social reality. When these attempts follow literary prescriptions, they are described as the literary representation of a given entity such as a nation, which is ultimately, the intersection between ideology and form in the text bringing out the salient issues – themes - into which the writing subject constantly disappears. This dissertation therefore demonstrates the relevance and applicability of postmodernist representation to the study of Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows. Okri appropriates materials and events using the protocols of narratology by refining and variegating the materials which appear aesthetically in their current literary form as novels. The findings reveal that; Postmodernist representation is of literary value on or about a topic, That the novel form is the best suited artistic form for the explication of postmodernist representation of the themes in the novels under study and finally, that Okri‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows are axiomatic of the centrality of Nigerian literature on postmodernist representation.
1.1 Background to the Study
This study is foregrounded using the theory of Postmodernism and literary
representation as an alternative dimension to the regular critical methodologies of literary
analysis and uses Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows as primary texts
for substantiation and exemplification. Essentially, the history of the novel in Nigeria, from
the earliest times to the present, has been an admixture of expository discourses on the social
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A CRITICAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT CONVERSATIONS IN SELECTED RURAL HOSPITALS IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The use of language in human communication is predicated on social relationships; hence when people converse, they are always aware of the so...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Oral literature is an unwritten relation that encapsulates African values and aspiration through which their philosophy, customs, beliefs, hi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language and man are inseparable and since the languages of the worldcome in contact, there is bound to be a problem like mother tongue inter...Continue Reading »
4. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AFRICAN AMERICAN IDENTITY AND RAP SONGS: A STUDY OF SELECTED RAP SONGS OF GRANDMASTER FLASH AND THE FURIOUS FIVE» ABSTRACT Rap music as one of the elements of hip hop culture originated in New York’s South Bronx neighbourhood in the late 1970s. Its lyrics pr...Continue Reading »
5. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF LEXICAL TERMS IN SANGH-GAMI AND SANGH GHSHI DIALECTS OF (ZAAR) SAYAWA COMMUNITIES OF BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT Language is a living entity that is always in constant change. It develops changes, undergoes modernisation and vanishes. In every language, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter presents the general overview of this research work as well as its significance and statement of problems an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Gender is the state of being male or female and typically used with reference to social and cultu...Continue Reading »
8. A SOCIO-SEMANTIC ANALYSIS OF CODE-SWITCHING AMONG STUDENTS OF BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY AND FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI» ABSTRACT A bilingual or a multilingual speaker of Nigerian languages tend to fall back to the ethnic languages in the domains and topics, context and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This appraisal is on Udje dance songs of the Urhobo people. The study looks at the aesthetic qualities that abound in the Udje songs of the U...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study has thrown an insight into the impact of mother tongue in the speaking skills of English language. The impact: of "mother tongue" ...Continue Reading »