Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This dissertation titled: A postmodernist Representation in Ben Okri’s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows is premised on the argument that irrespective of their individual themes, novels are significant mechanisms of presentation or representation of thoughts and ideas through semblances circumscribed by narration or telling, all of which are contingent upon various representative modes. In the present context, postmodernist representation of necessity has been defined as an artistic as well as an aesthetic form to represent a social reality. When these attempts follow literary prescriptions, they are described as the literary representation of a given entity such as a nation, which is ultimately, the intersection between ideology and form in the text bringing out the salient issues – themes - into which the writing subject constantly disappears. This dissertation therefore demonstrates the relevance and applicability of postmodernist representation to the study of Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows. Okri appropriates materials and events using the protocols of narratology by refining and variegating the materials which appear aesthetically in their current literary form as novels. The findings reveal that; Postmodernist representation is of literary value on or about a topic, That the novel form is the best suited artistic form for the explication of postmodernist representation of the themes in the novels under study and finally, that Okri‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows are axiomatic of the centrality of Nigerian literature on postmodernist representation.
1.1 Background to the Study
This study is foregrounded using the theory of Postmodernism and literary
representation as an alternative dimension to the regular critical methodologies of literary
analysis and uses Ben Okris‘s The Famished Road and Flowers and Shadows as primary texts
for substantiation and exemplification. Essentially, the history of the novel in Nigeria, from
the earliest times to the present, has been an admixture of expository discourses on the social
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research work focuses on the language of persuasion by examining some selected speeches of Governor Aliyu Magatakurda Wamakko. It has be...Continue Reading »
2. A PHONELOGICAL ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH FRICATIVES AS USED AMONG THE YORUBA SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE» ABSTRACTThis research work is a cursory observation of how the English Fricatives are used among the Yoruba speakers of English Language.At the phonem...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF THE NIGERIAN PIDGIN ENGLISH ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS IN NIGERIA. ACASE STUDY OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NI...» ABSTRACT The subject matter of this research work is to examine the effect of Nigerian Pidgin English on the academic performance among National Open ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Language is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself ...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF DRILL AND PRACTICE ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This study examines The Effect of Drill and Practice on the Academic Achievement of Students in English Language in Junior Secondary Schools ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work delves into translating Adaeze, an Igbo novel written by Inno Uzoma Nwadike into English. Today, there are lots of creativ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The basic concern of this article is to analyse Language And Culture As A Tool For Identifying Peoples Tribe And Ethnic Groups In Nigeria usi...Continue Reading »
8. THE EXTENT USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING/ LEARNING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» Abstract This research work was conducted to ascertain the extent of use of instructional materials for teaching and learning of integrated science an...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Music is can be seen as the relationship between sound and silence. Duration and rhythm apply to silence in the same manner as they apply to ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research studies the occurrence of the constructions and functions of NPs in English and Hausa languages, and finds out the similarities...Continue Reading »