Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Distilled water is needed for drinking, irrigation and for many other applications. A diversity of approaches are used for these portions of fresh water from saline water; namely multi stage flash (MSF), multiple effect (ME), reverse osmosis (RO), electro dialysis, ion exchange, phase change, and solvent extraction. These methods are expensive, however, for the production of small amount of fresh water. The development of solar distillation has demonstrated its suitability for the desalination process when the weather conditions are suitable and the demand is not too large, i.e. less than 200 m³/d. The problem of low daily productivity of the solar stills triggered scientists to investigate various means of improving the stills productivity and thermal efficiency.
Different aspects of triangular-shaped solar stills (CSS), also called double slope stills, have been studied. Production in this still is influenced by the orientation, as shown by (Singh et al., 1995) who found the maximum yield for a cover with east–west. Detailed studies of heat transfer coefficients can also be found, (Sharma and Mullick, 1991), in which energy transfer mechanisms, such as convection, evaporation and radiation are investigated, and new empirical relations to estimate cover temperatures are proposed. To model heat and mass transfer in solar stills ( Dunkle, 1961) proposed the use of a correlation of the form where C is 0.075 and n is 1/3 for air enclosed between horizontal parallel plates. This correlation is expressed in terms of a modified temperature difference that includes molecular weight and buoyancy, and considers the cover as a single element. This has been the most widely accepted model for solar stills and describes the basic heat and mass transport mechanism between heated water mass and a condenser.
1.2 PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND SIGNIFICANCE
Many parts of the world do not have access to a suitable source of clean drinking water. Most of the water available in streams, lakes, rivers, sea, etc. carries parasites or diseases, or is simply not fit for consumption and therefore is a significant health hazard. Areas without access to clean water are also usually poverty stricken and do not have the infrastructure necessary to create and support large scale water purification plants. Thus, there is need for a small scale, affordable water purification system for individual families or villages. Africa has the second largest population of people without access to clean drinking water.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
a. The aim of this project is to construct pyramid-shaped solar.
b. To compare and evaluate the triangular and pyramid-shaped solar stills.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The energy from the sun used to distil water is free cost, but building the still makes the cost of the distilled rather high, water at least for large-scale uses and such as agriculture and flushing away wastes in industry and homes. Consequently, the solar still is used principally to purify water for drinking and for some business, industries, laboratories, and green house applications; it also appears to be able to purify polluted water.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» LIST OF FIGURES Fig. 2.1 PIR model D204B 10 Fig. 2.2 LM358 inter grate circuit 12 Fig 2.3 Pin out of IC or LM 358 12 Fig 2.4BJT and JFET symbols 14 Fi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 391 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE BACKGROUND Welding is a way of heating pieces of metal using electricity or a flame so that they melt and stick togethe...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 192 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT Over the past two decades, many types of audio amplifier design approaches have been tried. Many of these designs have use larger amount of n...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 323 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Industrial automation and control has contributed immensely to the high rate of the world’s technological growth. Power...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 27 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
5. POWER SUPPLY AND CONSUMER PREFERENCE OF SERVICE DELIVERY IN NIGERIA: THE CHOICE BETWEEN PREPAID METERS AND MONTHLY ESTIMATED BILLS» ABSTRACT This study examines the responses of consumers to power supply in Akwa Ibom state, case study Uyo and their preferences of billing methods of...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 328 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT The GSM based home intrusion detection device is a security device that sends a text message to the owner’s mobile number in case of home i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 197 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
7. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 140 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
8. ASSESSMENT OF CONSTRAINTS ON HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT This study was designed to assess constraints on human resource development (HRD) in Technical vocational education. The study was designed t...Continue Reading »
121 pages | 267 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A robot is a mechanical or virtual intelligent agent that can perform tasks automatically or with...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 30 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
10. DESIGN AND SIMULATION OF AUTOMATIC SOLAR POWERED TIME REGULATED WATER PUMPING AND IRRIGATION SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTORDUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Over the years the activities of the solar energy have being beneficial to mankind. It is evident...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 161 hits | Source: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING