Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this project is to produce a narrative description of the design and construction of a microcontroller based dot matrix advert display. Firstly computer aided design is the modeling of physical system on Computers allowing both interactive and automatic analysis of design variant and the expression of design in a form suitable for manufacturing. This follows by explaining the microcontroller based dot matrix advert display as a device which is fast gaining wide acceptance and application in the present days due to its ability to provide a very high precision timing. The dot matrix advert display can be describe as an electro-mechanical system for processing information in which the information is represented by physical quantities, which are so constrained to take only discrete values that can be referred to as binary signals.
In this design we have implored the use of both hardware and software to bring about the entire project. The hardware components are solely coordinated by the AT89S51 micro controller chip while the C- programming language is used to program the chip.
1.1 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT DESIGN
Depending on ones intention, microcontroller based dot matrix advert display system have many aims and objectives.
For instance, this one in particular aims at displaying a moveable coded letters that says ‘UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA”
Also microcontroller based dot matrix advert display system can be used to control the traffic misunderstanding among motorists especially in junctions. This is achieved by displaying stop, get ready, or move. Some traffic control electronic system displays symbols or color that represents the stated commands above
Moreover, microcontroller based dot matrix advert display system is used in electronic scoreboard during football matches to display when a goal is scored, also to display the name of that player who scored the goal. Above all, this system has contributed a lot in boosting advertisement.
Micro controller programmable Dot matrix information display system, is a system electronically designed and constructed, that is used to display different information to the view of the masses. The information to be displayed could be diagrams, symbols, letters, colors, numbers, codes, etc depending on what is needed at a particular place and time. This without doubt, has made life easier for the people in different ways; however micro-controller, which is the heart of this system, can be described thus: A micro controller is a computer. All computers, whether we are talking about a personal desktop computer you are using is a general – purpose computer that can run any of thousands of programs. Micron-controllers are special purpose computers. Micro controllers do one thing well. There are a number of other common characteristics that define micro controllers. If a computer matches a majority of these characteristics, then you can call it a micro controller,
1) Micro controllers are embedded inside some other device (often a consumer product) so that they can control the features or actions of the product. Another name for a micro controller, therefore, is embedded controller
2) Micro controllers are dedicated to one task and run one specific program. The program is stored in ROM (read – only memory) and generally does not change. Micro controllers are often low power devices. A desktop computer is almost always plugged into a wall socket and mighty consumes 50 watts of electricity. A battery-operated micro controller might consume 50 milliwatts.
3) A micro controller has a dedicated input device and often (but not always) has a small LED or LCD display for output. A micro controller also takes input from the device it is controlling and controls the device. Meanwhile the use of a micro-controller to implement an electronic display system design made up of LEDs connected in common cathode matrix form is referred to as micro-controller based programmable dot matrix information display system. This project design is a welcome compliment that displays ‘UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA’
1.3 JUSTIFICATION OF THE PROJECT
Due to the various problems encountered in the manual/analog design and construction of signposts for advertisement, there is every need for an automated electronic display system that will solve this problem. This will ensure that viewers get the adequate information that is displayed in good and attractive colors. The though the manual/analog way of displaying information to the view of the people is still targeted viewer are attracted. The height in which advertisement in Nigeria have attained will be maintained if some of its design/construction operation is computerized (Micro controller based information display) especially the one’s that has to do with bigger companies. This will also maintain the good relationship between the company and its numerous customers.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This project can serve in any aspect of life this project (microcontroller based dot matrix advert display) is based on a computer aided design. .
In the implementation of this project, the scopes that I shall concentrate more on are: the architecture of the microcontroller port interface, multiplexing the data port control sequence and algorithm of the traffic light. The features of the
AT89S51 were exploited to achieve the desired sequence of operation of this project.
One of the obvious constraints I had in the course of this project was the scarcity of sometimes outright unavailability of some of the required components in the markets. Since scarcity is followed by a hike in price, when such components were even found, they were out rightly expensive. Another major constraint I had was time constraints. I had a relatively short time to source out materials from net, libraries, etc, fully understand the underlying principles and come up with a design that would work. As a result, I had to forgo pleasure and even leisure in order to achieve this.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Concept of Study Over the past years, automobile manufacturers have been integrating all manner of security system, to it...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe design of this 30 volt Audio Amplifier with volume, table and bass control which was done wit ht he combination of five (5) different circ...Continue Reading »
3. TEACHING STYLE OF LECTURERS A CASE STUDY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL, KADUNA POLYTECNIC» Table of Contents Title page: i Declaration: ii Approval Page: iii Dedication: iv Acknowledgement v Table of content: vi List of Table: viii Abstract:...Continue Reading »
4. A CUCKOO SEARCH BASED CO-ORDINATION OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION UNITS AND SHUNT CAPACITOR BANK IN RADIAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS» ABSTRACT This research work presents the Application of Cuckoo Search Algorithm for the simultaneous placement of distributed generation units and shu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT Due to advance electron logy in the electronic which gave rise to automation of electr...Continue Reading »
» Table of Contents DECLARATION.. II CERTIFICATION.. III APPROVAL. IV DEDICATION.. V ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. VI Abbreviations. X ABSTRACT. XII CHAPTER ONE. 1 I...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project shows the construction of a microcontroller based security door using smart card. It is aimed towards programming the microcontr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to generate a design data, design and fabricate a maize corn on cob tray dryer used by maize farmers. Ripped maize...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project is based on Construction of microcontroller vehicle speed alarm system which automatically warns the driver by activating a panic...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WIRELESS MENU SELECTION SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC-QUEUE BASED SERVICE DELIVERY» ABSTRACT In most organizations, queues for services have become a generic problem. This thesis presents a prototyped wireless menu selection system fo...Continue Reading »