Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
T-junction traffic light controller is such a device that will play a significant role in controlling traffic at junctions, to ease the expected increased rush at such junctions and reduce to minimum disorderliness that may arise, as well as allowing the pedestrians a right of the way at intervals rather than being struck down when in a hurry to cross the roads. Such an electrical system with a touch of electronics that control the flow of traffic in a pre-determined sequential pattern at a junction, has its diagram comprising of different components. The power supply unit provides the control unit with specified voltage from primary source. The pulse generator consisting of a timer generates pulse for the system. The clock or counter moderates the signal that enters the decoding logic system. The display unit of each stand consists of led, the first is red in colour, the second is amber in colour and the last is green in colour.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The traffic on our roads, especially intra-city traffic due to increasing number of cars grow by the day and unless adequate steps are taken to control the situation, we shall soon meet with circumstances we do not bargain for. That the innumerable traffic junctions in the country by far out-number the staff strength of the traffic wardens available and that the traffic wardens even where they are enough to control all the junctions cannot do so throughout the day is not in doubt. Traffic control at T.junctions or elsewhere ensures orderliness of movements of vehicles, goods and pedestrians while its absence strongly indicates chaos and most at times leads to accidents.
In the light of the above, it is imperative to recognize the need to compliment the physical exhausting efforts of the traffic wardens. In doing so, steps to be taken should assume permanence in nature rather than any ad-hoc exercise. Such is the role expected to be played by an installed operational road junction traffic controller.
This project –DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE WAY JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROLLER is such a device that will play significant role in controlling traffic at junctions to ease the expected increased rush at such junctions and reduce to minimum such disorderliness that may arise as well as allowing the pedestrians a right of the way at intervals rather than being struck down when in a hurry to cross the roads.
Such an electrical system with a touch of electronics that controls the flow of traffic in a pre-determine sequential pattern at a junction has its diagram below with blocks representing distinct units.
The power supply unit provides the control unit with specified dc
voltage from primary source, which is a 240v, 50Hz ac supply, from
public power system. The pulse generator containing a timer generates
pulse for the system. The clock or counter moderates the signal that
enters the decoding logic system.
The display unit of each stand consists of three bulbs Red in colour showing STOP, three bulbs Amber in colour showing GET READY and three bulbs Green in colour showing MOVE.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
Dc Power Supply
The main objective of the study includes:
5 To investigate the practicality of the theoretical knowledge about these components to be used.
6 To experiment on the compatibility of the working relation between components to be used.
7 To investigate the extent to which the design and construction of the control unit can be useful to mankind.
8 To investigate the immediate usefulness of the control system as complimentary to traffic wardens.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project is to enlighten all electronics students on the use of microcontroller base traffic light (3-ways) and timer system in T-junction. On the practical usage it is limited to the laboratory used for reference purpose. The larger application of this project work is found in most of our mega cities like Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Enugu etc, to control and manage heavy traffic congestion.
1.4 PROJECT REPORT ORGANIZATION
This report is structured to follow the history and origin of traffic light system all through the design and implementation phase. The report takes into account the step-by-step process followed in order to arrive at the final design.
Chapter one of this report introduces the concept of the Traffic light system and its objectives. Chapter two centers on the literature review, the origin and history of Traffic light systems and its basic functionality. Chapter Three explains the components which make up the Traffic light system and their basic functionalities/mode of operation. Chapter Four discusses the design procedure, construction, steps and packaging.
Chapter five handles the tests and results as well as conclusion and recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT A microcontroller Based Versatile Stepper Motor System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in this project. The developed prototype was...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over the years the use of fossil fuels to generate electricity has not produced enviable results....Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MICROCONTROLLER-BASED VERSATILE Y- AND CROSS-JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM/TRAINER» ABSTRACT A microcontroller based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION · BACKGROUND INFORMATION As the world becomes concerned with conserving electric power and the fuels that generate electrici...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT T junction traffic light controller is such a device that will play a significant role in controlling traffic at junctions, to ease the expec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A thermosyphon solar water heating system which captures and utilises the abundant solar energy to provide domestic hot water was designed, s...Continue Reading »
7. SOLAR POWER GENERATION FOR INDIVIDUAL IN RURAL AREA CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF POWER IN THIS COUNTRY (NIGERIA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Energy is a basic need for the development of socio economic and enhancement of people’s living...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A MICROCONTROLLER BASED LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS LEAKAGE DETECTOR USING GSM MODULE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) detection is very important because gas is not only an explosive but al...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
10. INSTALLATION OF A SOLAR INVERTER AND A DEEP CYCLE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES FOR POWERING (30) THIRTY DESKTOP COMPUTERS AND A PROJECTOR IN THE COMPUTER RO...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Electricity is a form of energy that comes in positive and negative forms, that occur natural...Continue Reading »