Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
T-junction traffic light controller is such a device that will play a significant role in controlling traffic at junctions, to ease the expected increased rush at such junctions and reduce to minimum disorderliness that may arise, as well as allowing the pedestrians a right of the way at intervals rather than being struck down when in a hurry to cross the roads. Such an electrical system with a touch of electronics that control the flow of traffic in a pre-determined sequential pattern at a junction, has its diagram comprising of different components. The power supply unit provides the control unit with specified voltage from primary source. The pulse generator consisting of a timer generates pulse for the system. The clock or counter moderates the signal that enters the decoding logic system. The display unit of each stand consists of led, the first is red in colour, the second is amber in colour and the last is green in colour.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The traffic on our roads, especially intra-city traffic due to increasing number of cars grow by the day and unless adequate steps are taken to control the situation, we shall soon meet with circumstances we do not bargain for. That the innumerable traffic junctions in the country by far out-number the staff strength of the traffic wardens available and that the traffic wardens even where they are enough to control all the junctions cannot do so throughout the day is not in doubt. Traffic control at T.junctions or elsewhere ensures orderliness of movements of vehicles, goods and pedestrians while its absence strongly indicates chaos and most at times leads to accidents.
In the light of the above, it is imperative to recognize the need to compliment the physical exhausting efforts of the traffic wardens. In doing so, steps to be taken should assume permanence in nature rather than any ad-hoc exercise. Such is the role expected to be played by an installed operational road junction traffic controller.
This project –DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE WAY JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROLLER is such a device that will play significant role in controlling traffic at junctions to ease the expected increased rush at such junctions and reduce to minimum such disorderliness that may arise as well as allowing the pedestrians a right of the way at intervals rather than being struck down when in a hurry to cross the roads.
Such an electrical system with a touch of electronics that controls the flow of traffic in a pre-determine sequential pattern at a junction has its diagram below with blocks representing distinct units.
The power supply unit provides the control unit with specified dc
voltage from primary source, which is a 240v, 50Hz ac supply, from
public power system. The pulse generator containing a timer generates
pulse for the system. The clock or counter moderates the signal that
enters the decoding logic system.
The display unit of each stand consists of three bulbs Red in colour showing STOP, three bulbs Amber in colour showing GET READY and three bulbs Green in colour showing MOVE.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
Dc Power Supply
The main objective of the study includes:
5 To investigate the practicality of the theoretical knowledge about these components to be used.
6 To experiment on the compatibility of the working relation between components to be used.
7 To investigate the extent to which the design and construction of the control unit can be useful to mankind.
8 To investigate the immediate usefulness of the control system as complimentary to traffic wardens.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this project is to enlighten all electronics students on the use of microcontroller base traffic light (3-ways) and timer system in T-junction. On the practical usage it is limited to the laboratory used for reference purpose. The larger application of this project work is found in most of our mega cities like Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Enugu etc, to control and manage heavy traffic congestion.
1.4 PROJECT REPORT ORGANIZATION
This report is structured to follow the history and origin of traffic light system all through the design and implementation phase. The report takes into account the step-by-step process followed in order to arrive at the final design.
Chapter one of this report introduces the concept of the Traffic light system and its objectives. Chapter two centers on the literature review, the origin and history of Traffic light systems and its basic functionality. Chapter Three explains the components which make up the Traffic light system and their basic functionalities/mode of operation. Chapter Four discusses the design procedure, construction, steps and packaging.
Chapter five handles the tests and results as well as conclusion and recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF DYNAMIC PRIORITY CALL ADMISSION CONTROL ALGORITHM FOR WCDMA BASED 3G NETWORKS» ABSTRACTThe wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) based 3G cellular mobile wireless networks is expected to provide diverse range of multimed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Automated Meter Reading (AMR) was started in 1962 by AT&T, but this experiment was not succes...Continue Reading »
3. APPLICATION OF ARTIFICAIL NEURAL NETWORK FOR ENHANCED POWER SYSTEMS PROTECTION ON THE NIGERIAN 330kV NETWORK» AbstractThis work investigates an improved protection solution based on the use of artificial neural network on the 330kV Nigerian Network modelled us...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1. The advancements in science and technology has had an outstanding impact on the activities of man particularly since the early twentie...Continue Reading »
6. MODELING AND EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF IEEE 802.11b DISTRIBUTED COORDINATION FUNCTION (DCF) IN A MULTI-RATE WIRELESS LAN» ABSTRACT Distributed coordination Function is the most crucial component of IEEE 802.11 standard. It is a media access control (MAC) scheme used by th...Continue Reading »
7. A SURVEY OF FACTORS AFFECTING ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC TRADE STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE (NTC) EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COL...» TABLE OF CONTENTS TITLE PAGE i CERTIFICATION ii APPROVAL PAGE iii DEDICATION iv ACKNOWLEDGEMENT v TABLE OF CONTENTS vi LIST OF TABLES ix LIST OF APPEN...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A robot is a mechanical or virtual intelligent agent that can perform tasks automatically or with...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE PHASE AUTHOMATIC CHANGE OVER SWITCH WITH GENERATOR STARTER AND CUT-OFF» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Public power supply is a major contributor to economic development in every nation. In developing...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT With the increasing use of extensive IT and Telecommunication systems for sensitive or safety critical applications, the matter of IT and Tel...Continue Reading »