Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Time management is at the core of labour productivity in any sector of the economy. Labour productivity itself is considered most vital in ensuring output growth as well as national development. In most countries, it is observed that labour contributes over 65% to GDP which makes it an essential factor of production. (Beggs, Fisher and Dornbush 2000; Lipsey and Chrystal 2005). Premised on this consideration, it is important that efficiency is factored into labour utilization which is the place of time management. The observation of most researchers is that labour can only be what it has been trained to be (Sorkin 1992). Hence it has been advanced that in the formative days of labour, the essence of time management should be taught to students as well as ensuring that they inculcate the practices of time management. This brewing stage in most countries is the university stage. It is therefore pertinent that the practice of time management amongst Nigeria undergraduate students be evaluated. This is done using undergraduate students as case study.
Statement of the Research Problem/Research Question
Numerous problems confront students in Nigeria. These problems are often time responsible for their weak performances in academic chores. Ranging from financial inadequacy to inadequacy of time, the Nigerian student is often beset with divers problems (Aghenta 2007). While this study undertakes the implications of time management on students’ performance, it confronts the problems of using reliable variables in its findings.
How does an average university student actually spend his/her time while in school?
What are those factors that actually affect his or her study time utilization?
Does study time utilization vary directly with sex, age, marital status, income and level of study?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
This study has the following objectives’
To find out how an average university students spend his or her time when school is in session.
To find out the problems students encounter in time management.
To find out if there is relationship between age, sex, level of study, marital status and parental background with time management.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study is spatial in nature as it is within the confines of University of Benin. It was conducted within a period of six months.
1.5 Relevance/Significance of the Study
This study will be of immense benefit to curriculum constructors in the education sector as well as students. Essentially, students will know more if how they manage their time has a bearing on the level of their academic performance.
Statement of Hypothesis
The following hypotheses shall be tested in this study. The hypotheses are stated in Null and alternative forms.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between the hours students spend on academic activities and what they spend on non-academic activity.
Ha: There is significant relationship between the hours students spend on academic activities and what they spend on non-academic activity.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ sex.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ sex.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ age.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ age.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ marital status.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ marital status.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ parental background.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ parental background.
1.7 Limitations of the Study
The limitation of the study can be discussed within the context of the environment constraints. Basically, the study is limited to University of Benin. There is also financial constraints given the fact that funds are limited for preparing the research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of exportation of goods in Nigeria dates back to the beginning of this century. It ...Continue Reading »
2. CHALLENGES FACING THE ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE IFRS AMONGST SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISE OWNERS IN KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Small and medium scale enterprises are the engine that drives most economies of the world. Their ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTIONS 1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Industrial /organizational crisis constitute a very important component of the industria...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF AUDITING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF HAMDALA HOTEL, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The dynamic nature of business environment growth and increasing complexity of business has made ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Individuals have needs and business organizations exist to satisfy the needs and wants of the soci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY Teamwork is usually an integral part of the work place. Basic teamwork involves everyone working ...Continue Reading »
7. THE DEGREE OF LABOUR RELATIONSHIP EXISTING BETWEEN MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEES (A CASE STUDY OF ANAMMCO PLC, EMENE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Anambra State Motor Manufacturing Company Limited is a Joint Venture between Federal Republic of ...Continue Reading »
8. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A STUDY OF SELECTED TELECOMMUNICATION FIRMS IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT A.J Ayer a logical positivist and indeed at all his fellow logical positivists were moved by the achievements and clarities in science and as...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The use of e commerce websites can lead to accepting and satisfying intentions and then influence...Continue Reading »
10. EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP AND JOB SATISFACTION IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS IN OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study At the beginning of any established business contract is the employment relationship which connec...Continue Reading »