Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Paint is a fluid, or semi-fluid material which may be applied to surfaces in relatively thin layers, and which changes to a solid coating with time. The coating with time. The change to a solid material may or may not be reversible, and may occur by evaporation of solvent by chemical reaction, or by a combination of the two.
Paints usually consist of vehicle or binder, a pigment which contributes obscurities colour, hardness and bulk to the film, and a solvent or thinner which controls the consistency.
Paint is basically classified into two, which are gloss paint and emulsion paint.
1.1 GLOSS PAINTS (OIL-BASED PAINTS)
These are paints that may be classified according to whether the drying mechanism is predominantly solvent evaporation, oxidation or some chemical reaction. Gloss paints which dry essentially by solvent evaporation, reply on a fairly hard resin as the vehicle.
Paints which dry by oxidation, the vehicle is usually an oil or an oil-based varnish, these usually contains driers to accelerate the drying of the oil. Paint based essentially on oil with suitable pigment such as titanium dioxide, extenders, and usually zinc – oxide and white lead, are conventional outside ho use paints because these materials give the combination. Of properties which meet this requirement .
1.0.2 EMULSION PAINTS (WATER- BASED PAINTS)
These are paints with water – soluble vehicle and they includes, calcimines, in which the vehicle is glue and case – in paints, in which the vehicles is casein or soyabean protein.
This project research study is directed towards producing and formulating of emulsion paint (water –thinned paint) from local pigments and extenders as raw materials. The high demand for emulsion paint for protective and decorative purposes has encourage the development of different equipments for the manufacturing operation.
This piece of research work is due to reducing the high cost of emulsion paint formulation and production, because of the imported raw materials. (E.g Titanium dioxide), and thereby disclosing a local raw material from our natural domin which could also be used for the same purpose. An example of this locally obtained raw material for emulsion paint production is calcium carbonate in the form of calcite and dolomite.
1.1 OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH WORK
The objectives of the research project work is to study the formulation and production of emulsion paint with the use of local pigments and extenders as raw materials, and its economic value, and also disclosing some locally sourced materials from our local environment that could play the same role with the imported raw materials that are used for emulsion paint production, which causes the cost of emulsion paint production to be high.
However, industrial survey reveals that paint manufacturers in Nigeria looks beyond the country territory for supply, and also, Nigerian paints industry is characterized by importation, starting from solvents which could be obtained in abundance from the country.
1.2 SCOPE OF RESEARCH WORK
The scope of this research project work is organized to cover all vital aspect of emulsion paint formulation and production using local pigment and extenders as raw materials from our local environment, which will reduce the cost of emulsion paint production.
The scope will also cover paint types and classifications, characterization and functions of paints, and also chemicals used in the formulation and production of emulsion paint. However, emphasis will be laid on the systematic procedure of processing the local pigments and extenders used which will also cover the following;
1. Emulsion paint formulation and production
2. Run-rest on the following properties of emulsion paint
i. Drying time
ii. Nature of reversibility
iii. PH value
iv. Specific gravity
vii. Resistance to external exposure
viii. Brush ability
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
On considering the high cost of imported raw materials for the production of emulsion paint in the paint industry, which at the end of the production affect the market price, likewise causing economy constrain, there is need to lookout for those locally raw materials such as pigments and extenders (e.g calcium carbonate) which will give such desirable qualities and properties as those of imported raw materials (e.g Titanium Dioxide).
It will be interesting to not6e that chemical Engineering have some of possible solutions towards reduction of high cost of emulsion paint production and also this research project work is directed towards the vital needs for the used of local pigments and extenders as raw materials for the production of emulsion paint of high quality and standards which will stand the test of time and also compete with those emulsion paints produced with imported raw materials.
Finally, this research project work will be of more importance to the paint manufacturers in the country, who spend lost of money for importations of raw material, while they are bless with much raw materials as pigments and extenders for emulsion paint production in their country, it will also be of help to students researchers, and also reveals the importance of research among producers for future betterment and economy improvement.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An organization, reputation, profitability and even its continued existence can depend on the degree to which its targete...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Entrepreneurship education has been introduce into the Nigeria educational system to help provide the necessary skills ,competences, and unde...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF STOCK EXCHANGE IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA. USING THE NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET BENIN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A stock exchange is an organized auction market with physical location and facilities for trading in stocks and shares th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Presently, there is an increase search for ways geared towards motivating employees in industry b...Continue Reading »
6. REWARD SYSTEM AND EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is the concern of organizations all over the world on effective human capital strategies to en...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The world’s leading textile country is China which holds approximately 45 percent of global...Continue Reading »
8. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study tilted the critical appraisal of the role of NBC in controlling the performance of the broadcast station in Nigeria. Total questio...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON OPERATIONAL COST OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES; A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION Production is the central point of any manufacturing concern basically, it is the stage where real action takes place either t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Organizations cannot perform better and achieve its objectives if there is a bad relationship bet...Continue Reading »