Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Time management is at the core of labour productivity in any sector of the economy. Labour productivity itself is considered most vital in ensuring output growth as well as national development. In most countries, it is observed that labour contributes over 65% to GDP which makes it an essential factor of production. (Beggs, Fisher and Dornbush 2000; Lipsey and Chrystal 2005). Premised on this consideration, it is important that efficiency is factored into labour utilization which is the place of time management. The observation of most researchers is that labour can only be what it has been trained to be (Sorkin 1992). Hence it has been advanced that in the formative days of labour, the essence of time management should be taught to students as well as ensuring that they inculcate the practices of time management. This brewing stage in most countries is the university stage. It is therefore pertinent that the practice of time management amongst Nigeria undergraduate students be evaluated. This is done using undergraduate students as case study.
Statement of the Research Problem/Research Question
Numerous problems confront students in Nigeria. These problems are often time responsible for their weak performances in academic chores. Ranging from financial inadequacy to inadequacy of time, the Nigerian student is often beset with divers problems (Aghenta 2007). While this study undertakes the implications of time management on students’ performance, it confronts the problems of using reliable variables in its findings.
How does an average university student actually spend his/her time while in school?
What are those factors that actually affect his or her study time utilization?
Does study time utilization vary directly with sex, age, marital status, income and level of study?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
This study has the following objectives’
To find out how an average university students spend his or her time when school is in session.
To find out the problems students encounter in time management.
To find out if there is relationship between age, sex, level of study, marital status and parental background with time management.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study is spatial in nature as it is within the confines of University of Benin. It was conducted within a period of six months.
1.5 Relevance/Significance of the Study
This study will be of immense benefit to curriculum constructors in the education sector as well as students. Essentially, students will know more if how they manage their time has a bearing on the level of their academic performance.
Statement of Hypothesis
The following hypotheses shall be tested in this study. The hypotheses are stated in Null and alternative forms.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between the hours students spend on academic activities and what they spend on non-academic activity.
Ha: There is significant relationship between the hours students spend on academic activities and what they spend on non-academic activity.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ sex.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ sex.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ age.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ age.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ marital status.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ marital status.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between time management and students’ parental background.
Ha: There is significant relationship between time management and students’ parental background.
1.7 Limitations of the Study
The limitation of the study can be discussed within the context of the environment constraints. Basically, the study is limited to University of Benin. There is also financial constraints given the fact that funds are limited for preparing the research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROPUND OF THE STUDY The ultimate or core aim of an organization in this world today with the level of competition is...Continue Reading »
» BSTRACTFinancial planning is an integral part of financial management which deals with the management of a firm’s funds with a view to maximizing pr...Continue Reading »
4. CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND LOAN PORTFOLIO QUALITY OF NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL BANKS (2006 - 2015)» ABSTRACTThe aim of this study was to examine the impact of tax revenue collected by federal government on the economic growth of Nigeria, while lookin...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION The world of study is full of discoveries and innovations. Through intensive question and enquires. ...Continue Reading »
6. THE MEDIATING EFFECT OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION CHANNELS AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF MONEY DEPOS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, electronic transaction channels and financial performance have in recent years become p...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACTS OF MANGO BUSINESS IN OFF-SEASON HOUSEHOLD INCOME OF FARMERS IN KAURA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT The research work was on an investigation into the utilization and maintenance of building workshop and workshop facilities in technical coll...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is intended to assess the effect of corporate sustainability factors on organizational performance. For quite some time now, publi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUD OF THE STUDY The reason for banks striving to improve their profitability are obvious and varied. In this era o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the effect of financial incentives on staff productivity in Niyya foods Kaduna. The research question that guided the stud...Continue Reading »