Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Organizational viability is the capacity of the organization to continue to service and develop in this era of business complexities which result from continuous and rapid changes within the social system, conflicts and dispute, whether in the form of open hostility or quite dissemination becomes inevitable issues that every organization must strive to curtail this pertinent because dispute or conflicts are usually a threat to organizational viability if not adequately managed or handled even though conflicts between persons or management and employees could be thought of as natural events Nakodi A. (2001) posited that organization should be very much aware that such conflicts could cause distrust and industrial crises or disharmony in the long run.
Conflicts or disputes among management and employees (labour) can lead to one or both parties having their feelings hurt, thus leading to issue that can inherently affect the smooth running of the organization in which they work or manage. On the other hand conflicts or disputes can serve to enhance the effectiveness of an organization since it can safely be assumed that conflicts although ever present in a social system, may not always be as destructive as they are portrayed, the central question among a lot of scholar human resources managers and of course employers of labour is how to, in their own varying capacity and abilities effectively and efficiently manage conflicts and its resolution to ensure that their organization benefit rather than suffer from occasional labour management clashes. Admittedly, organizational conflicts does erupt in organization because of the inability of employer and this or her employees to work together in peace. This may be as a result of ineffective communication, non exclusion in decisions that affects employees, or lack of adequate or good working conditions or incentives and non existence of unions that employees can channel their grievance through, thus collective bargaining as a tool allows the parties.
The two parties to meet regularly so as to identify the dissonance that exist between them amicable so as to prevent industrial dispute or conflicts.
1.2 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF HAMDALA HOTEL PLC KADUNA
Hamdala Hotel is one of the oldest, if not the oldest in the Northern part of Nigeria. This hotel was established and officially opened for business on the 14th of January 1961 by the then premier of the Northern region in person of late Sir Ahmadu Bello (the Sardauna of Sokoto). Hamdala Hotel was then established to serve as a hub of tourism by providing an up to date hospitality business in Kaduna neighbouring towns and cities. The hotel which is presently owned by the New Nigeria Development Company (NNDC), a company owned by the nineteen northern state. It is also managed by Arewa Hotel Limited a subsidiary company of the NNDC.
This 49 years old organization is a 203 rooms hotel that comprises of single suite luxury suites, presidential suite, etc it also has a state of art facilities that makes it a force to reckon with and thus a choice of tourist whenever you are to be in Kaduna for visit or business. The hotel is strategically located within the central business district of Kaduna metropolis. It lies between Murtala Mohammed Square, Kaduna Gold Course Club and the State Ministry of Culture and Tourism, facilities such as very high capacity banquet hall, restaurant, Olympic size swimming pools, craft shops, bode shops etc and all found within the hotels massive compound.
Staffing / staff strength
Hamdala Hotel has a general manager and other managers there are 25 middle management staff as well as 500 intermediate and junior or members.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The research work is carried out to look into the problem that leads to collective bargaining concept in Hamdala Hotel. Conflict occurs as a result of one-party not respecting the right of another party. In most cases the welfare of employees are not properly taken care of by the management. To forestall a breakdown of law and the disturbance of peaceful working environment collective bargaining is always used. This means that the two parties in conflicts must come to terms on the issues that is at stake. The questions therefore are: is collective bargaining being made used of both the management and the employees? To what extent is it employed, is it being used and how effective is it?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this research work are as follows:
1. To highlight the benefits to be derived from effective collective bargaining towards organizational development
2. To ascertain why, how and when collective bargaining should be carried out
3. To show current collective bargaining practices have assisted immensely in industrial disputes
4. To provide appropriate recommendation and suggestion for future resolution of industry disputes
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
a. The study will help individuals, employees and employers a like to know or identify their shortcoming and appropriate measures to be undertaken to find solutions to them.
b. The study will stimulate and consolidate viable policies on government parastatals, independently of any established institution and civil service to enhance their efficiency and development
c. Finally, to provide basic for future research analysis and as well as broaden knowledge and experience
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
A hypothesis is a conjectural preposition and informed intelligent guess about the solution to a problem. It is an assumption or position whose veracity and validity is to established.
Ho: Collective bargaining is not an effective tool for resolving industrial disputes in Hamdala Hotel
Hi: Collective bargaining is an effective tool for resolving industrial disputes in Hamdala Hotel
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The subject, dispute is a very wide area in industrial relations management and there are many approaches to resolving industrial disputes in organizations. However, the researcher has chosen to limit the research effort to the collective bargaining approach of forestalling and resolving industrial dispute in organization. Also there are many organizations in Kaduna metropolis, the researcher has also limited the investigation to Hamdala Hotel been the premier hotel in the north in general and Kaduna in particularly.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Research work of this nature is bound to be constrained by a number of factors. Prominent among these factors is the reluctance of most staff of the hotel to accepting questionnaires from the researcher inspite of the plea. Those who accepted did not create time to fill the questionnaire and some did filled the questionnaires without much seriousness. However, the researcher was able to retrieve thirty (30) questionnaires which were eventually analzed by the researcher.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Below are some terminologies which researcher deems fit to clarify as contents of the study.
Organization: This is coming together of two or more people in order to achieve a set goal and objective.
Conflicts: Conflict can be defined as a competition and fight for control predominantly when resources are scare.
Strike: This is a temporary withdrawal or withholding of labour power with a hope of raising its price by improving the payment of wages and other conditions of employment.
Lockout: This refers to management refusal to allow employees to work.
Management: Management is the efficient and effective way of getting things done through people
Negotiation: Is a communication or discussion to reach agreement between two arties or to resolve their obstacle.
Production: This is the process of transforming resources such as raw materials, labour and capital goods into finished product on services
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over time, the perception and practice of strategic management has been adopted across all nation...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROBLEM MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGBO-EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ...» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The term science has to do with nature; it is derived from the latin word scientia which means knowledge. It is a ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Business is being set up for the purpose of making profit and satisfies consumer’s needs. T...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION ON PRODUCTIVITY IN A MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION. (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, WARRI)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is clear that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is a matter of fact that there are a lot of things in which large companies are experts while ...Continue Reading »
6. ANALYSIS OF THE ROLE OF PACKAGING AS A PROMOTIONAL TOOL IN THE MARKETING OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF WEAVONS (A STUDY OF AYMAN ENTERPRISES LIMITED AND LIND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Christian evangelization has spread through the face of the earth. This is made possible by the aid o...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN REVENUE GENERATION IN ORGANIZATION (CASE STUDY OF SOME BANKS IN NIGERIA)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
8. THE RELEVANCE OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF WORK STRESS ON EMPLOYEES JOB PERFORMANCE USING UNITY BANK PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stress is a part of life. We cannot banish it entirely form our lives on this earth. It comes upo...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN RURAL AREAS USING ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Nigeria rural areas consist of diversity of people with distinct cultures sustained by diverse ec...Continue Reading »
10. PERCEIVED FACTORS THAT AFFECT EMPLOYEES’ PRODUCTIVITY WITHIN REDEEMED INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT AGENCY» ABSTRACTThe objective of this research project was to establish the perceived factors that affect employees’ productivity within Redeemed Integrated...Continue Reading »