Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Reward and punishment are regarded as a complete important means through which a teacher can maintain his or her class discipline in the secondary schools. Many educationists and psychologists have expressed different views about the effective use of reward and punishment in the secondary schools.
As the study progresses, the research hopes to bring together the different views and feelings of others, so that the reader can be given sufficient ground on which to base his or her conclusion after reading this work. The issues of reward and punishment are mostly debated on the secondary school administered today most especially when they are related to learning process. It is equally an area of interest, which closely involves many teachers and parents who the need for education authority to define its limits, some scholars in their books suggested allowing nearly total freedom to children in learning process in the school. a prompt and an acceptable solution must be provided on this issue because the outcome will give a practical advice and guidance to those who are just entering the teaching career or to parents who show much interest over their children ‘s progress in life. This research work does not however, claim to solve the entire problems concerned with punishment and rewards in learning process in the schools, but rather it highlight some solutions which will be of great educational values to the parents as well as the public in general.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The work is on the study of the effects of reward and punishment on academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state. Many educationists psychologists have written many books covering this topic, the writer attempts in the study. Therefore to examine the views of some of these renowned writers in addition to the research findings and personal experience so as to be able to know the following problems.
1. To find out whether effective learning can take place in form of punishment.
2. Whether there is other method of learning effectively with reward and punishment.
3. If punishment has effect on the learning process of the students in secondary schools.
4. If reward and punishment can be combined so that much can be achieved in terms of educational objectives.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects and roles of rewards and punishment in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state.
`Here the researcher will focus her attention on whether or not reward and punishment should be applied in the teaching and learning process in secondary schools.
The following schools were used for the purpose of this study.
1. Ogbe secondary school
2. Idia college secondary school
3. Emotan college secondary school
4. Oba Ewuare secondary school.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is expected to be of much importance and beneficial to pupils and parents in Oredo local government area of Edo state. Through this study, they may come to appreciate the implication of reward and punishment in the secondary schools. It is hoped that this study will help the secondary schools’ administration in Oredo local government area to benefit and improve on the academic performance of their various schools.
` This study will also help to discover the effects of rewards and punishment on learning in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state.
The following research questions are formulated to guide this study.
1. Does punishment has any effect on the learning process of the children in secondary schools?
2. Does effective learning always take place in the absence of any form of punishment?
3. Do parents and teachers support the use of punishment?
4. Does reward and punishment promote orb encourage learning?
5. Does punishment has negative effect on learning?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to the roles of rewards and punishment on pupils’ performance in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state.
The following schools have been marked ads samples for the purpose of this study.
1. Ogbe secondary school
2. Oba Ewuare secondary school
3. Idia college secondary school
4. Emotan college secondary school
On completion of the research work the writer shall make the findings available to the headmasters of the schools where she conducted the research, such research work would be a solution to the research question stated on the paragraph dealing with the problem of the study.
The writer shall endeavour to brief the communities where she conducted her research work, the out come of the objectives of her interview with them, it will be a sort of enlightenment on the part of the investigators since the children are comparable to other children in the whole of Edo state because they run the same curriculum under the same brand of teachers, the finding of the research would be the same for other place in Edo state and infact elsewhere in the final outcome of this little research work will be of use to teacher, communities and education offices and also to policy makers.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Reward: is an act of appreciating a job well done.
Punishment: an act of correcting a wrong act or character exhibited.
Discipline: is the act of training people to obey rules and orders and punishing them if they do not control the situation that results from this training.
Investigation: is the act of official examination of the facts about a situation, crime etc. criminal murder police investigation.
Sufficient: enough for a particular purpose as much as you need or allow sufficient time to get there.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF SCHOOL RECORDS MANAGEMENT ON PUPILS ENROLLMENT, RETENTION AND COMPLETION OF STUDIES IN GOVERNMENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The school administrator has the responsibility of seeing to the smooth running of a school. The ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Record keeping in an organizational set up is very important and cannot be overemphasized. This i...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON STUDENTS LEARNING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (A CASE STUDY OF KANKE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The advent of social media amongst the average Nigerian youth has been on a steady increase not ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Education plays a prominent role in the overall development of a Nation. Education not only provi...Continue Reading »
5. PERCEPTION OF PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP AMONG STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS(CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the "Perception of premarital sex among students in higher education The challenges of sex before marriage have drawn c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is an indisputable fact that education is a no do without in the development of a nation’s e...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF E-LEARNING TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS( A CASE STUDY OF SURULERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s world, the use of adoption of information technology in teaching of economics in jun...Continue Reading »
8. BUILDING COLLAPSE IN SCHOOLS NIGERIA: CAUSES, EFFECTS AND SOLUTIONS(A CASE STUDY OF ILORIN SOUTH LGA KWARA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Since independence, the Nigeria government has desperately continued to make concerted effort in ...Continue Reading »
9. Assessment of Teaching Method in Junior Secondary Schools in Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State» This study focused on the . The findings from various JSS technical education have shown that series of JSS students poor performances both internal a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The descriptive survey research was adopted in this study. It is an attempt to investigate the impact of deviant behaviour on the academic pe...Continue Reading »