Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 70 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
The idea behind classroom management in school is not to put across a single point of view about the definition but to bring together contrasting opinion and attitude so that the readers can be given the ground work on which to base his own conclusion of management. In the classroom and school premises and the development of good relationship. Manus (1989) sensibly pointed out four rules of classroom management and these four roles can be applied in the classroom / they are; Rule one: Get them in; the process of getting them in can be seen to involve three phase i.e. greeting, seating and starting Rule two Get them out; here the teacher needs to consider how phases of concluding a lesson on and dismissing a class. Rule three Get on with it; this referred to the main part of the lesson. The nature of its content and the manner of its presentation. Rule four: Get on with them; here the teachers develop good personal relationship with their pupils by fostering mutual, trust and respect to do this effectively the teachers need to be aware of each child as an individual and be sensitive to the mood of the class as a whole. This means knowing whose Looniz (1980) and Resser (1983) defined classroom management as an action that is intended to create effective working environment, which is stimulating all it members. He also went further to say that classroom management is the ability of the teacher to coordinate effective teaching and learning in the classroom, in other words classroom management is the ability for teacher to manage both men and material. Banjo (1978) sees classroom management as aiming and regulating publishing positive reinforcement of analyzing punishment as a remedial control measure.Adeyemo (1971) regarded classroom management as the concerns of large variety of strength forwards activities such as simple clerical duties, ordering maintain and distributing classroom materials and routine custodian for student’s behaviour.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The complex nature of students in classroom coupled with the complex interaction among their pose, serious problems to the teachers in the teaching learning process. In addition, the learning environment as well as the personality and experience of teacher have a lot of role to play ensuring a conducive or harmonious classroom situation necessary for effecting desired learning objectives. All these call for effective classroom management skills on the part of teachers. However the inability of school instructors or creating the desired of classroom climate militates against the acquisition of the right learning objectives by student, thereby making the school system o supper setbacks in stratifying social expectation for establishing schools. This problem necessitated or order to identity and ameliorates the problems of classroom management in schools, especially in Oredo local government area Edo state.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are;
1. To ascertain the important of classroom management on the academic performance of secondary school student
2. To ascertain the management problem of classroom in secondary school student in Oredo local government area of Edo state
3. To ascertain the relationship between classroom management and academic performance of student
4. To ascertain the causes of misbehavior in the classroom
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0:there is no management problem of classroom in secondary school student in Oredo local government area of Edo state
H1:there is management problem of classroom in secondary school student in Oredo local government area of Edo state
H02:there is no relationship between classroom management and academic performance of student
H2: there is relationship between classroom management and academic performance of student
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research intends to focus on the various aspects of management problems among students in some selected secondary schools in Oredo Local government Area. Along this line, the findings from this study would bring to light the existence of classroom management problem among students in some selected secondary school on Oredo Local government Area of Edo State. This study would be of great help and immense benefit to the government and the ministry of education whose primarily aim is to see students as the future leaders of tomorrow. It would also be of great significance to the ministry of education and teachers as well as the school authorities who deal directly with these students in secondary school.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers importance of classroom management on the academic performance of secondary school student. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CLASSROOM: Classroom management is a term teachers use to describe the process of ensuring that classroom lessons run smoothly without disruptive behavior from students compromising the delivery of instruction.
ACADEMIC PERFORMACE: Academic achievement or (academic) performance is the extent to which a student, teacher or institution has achieved their short or long-term educational goals.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Causes And Effect Of Mass Failure Of Mathematics In Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Case Study Of Igbo-Etiti LGA Area Of Enugu State)» ABSTRACT There has been a problem for some years now, student’s poor academic performance in Senior secondary School certificate examination. It...Continue Reading »
2. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ONDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Learning has been so much associated with the school that some people almost think that learning goes...Continue Reading »
3. SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OF SPOUSE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYConsiderable researches such as Williams and Williams 2005, Simon 2006, Giddens 1998, and Beck 1992,...Continue Reading »
4. EXAMINATION OF PARENTAL ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE CHILDREN IN ARGUNGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KEBBI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research, is concern with the examination of parental attitudes towards the education of the physically challenged children in Argungu l...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF CAREER CHOICE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at identifying the factors affecting career choice among senior secondary schools students in Egor Local Government Area ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Domestic violence has caused so many issues in the life of many Nigerians; separating families an...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND THE MORAL REFORMATION OF YOUTHS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS.» ABSTRACT Christian education is the study of God’s word that educates about responsibilities and roles to be played in the society. There is nee...Continue Reading »
8. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR READING HABIT AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any society, it is not easy to find any skill work that does not require reading ability. Read...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the most discussed issues in the learning environment is the issues of social environment ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Social networking is built on the idea of how people should know and interact with each other thr...Continue Reading »