Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Education is universally recognized as the answer to socio- economic problems of the world. Nations and individuals look up to education to provide a cure for poverty, ignorance, drought, excessive rainfall, mental deficiency, joblessness, bad government, poor communication system, hunger and inadequate shelter among other things. Every nation of the world aspires toward quality of life and social status. Career selection is one of many important choices students will make in determining future plans. This decision will impart them throughout their lives. The essence of who the student is will revolve around what the student want to do with their life- long work. The choice of career has been a serious problem among the secondary school students in Nigeria. No matter what one’s age is, the choice of career or desire is an important question for everybody.
A lot of student in secondary schools believe that their future is a glorious adventures in which they are bound to succeed. Many of them have the idea that they would be able to work in the public or private establishments as soon as they complete secondary school education. Some have planned to become lawyers, engineers, medical doctors, accountants and so on. Students in secondary schools like many other young adults are always worried about what they will do with their lives, the kind of adult they will become. They are concerned about early entry into the occupational world and finding productive and rewarding places in and out rapidly, fast changing societies where wages employment is unlikely to be available on a scale sufficient to absorb more than a small fraction of the young people when they do arrive at the labour market.
The conflict of choice of career among youths constitute an educational social dilemma in our society and nation .therefore constructive analysis must be made to this issue with a view to proffering recommendations and guide to enable youths to make proper decision of future career.
These constructive analysis lie within the environmental factors in which the youth operates or is domiciled. The youth are largely influenced by this environmental issues; so if not guided may be propelled to make wrong choices. It is the fragility and significance of these issues that stresses the importance of a research of this nature. The research shall appraise the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in Nigeria.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to appraise the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in Nigeria. There exists a great conflict on the selection of a choice of career among the youths. Analyzing these factors would help profer possible solution to guide the youths in right career choices.
1.3. RESEARCH QUESTION
1 What is the nature of environmental factors influencing the choice of career among the youths?
- What is the nature of career choices facing the youths?
- What is the impact of environmental factors on the choice of career among the youth in Nigeria?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
To appraise the nature of career choices facing the youth in Nigeria
To determine the impact of environmental factors on the career choices of the youth in Nigeria
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study shall facilitate possible solutions to helping youths make right decision on the choices of future career.
It shall provide detail source of information on career decision choices for the youths, etc.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho The conflict of wrong career choices among youths is high
Hi The conflict of wrong career choices among youth is low
Ho Conflict of environmental factor s is high
Hi conflict of environmental factor is lo
Ho The impact of environmental factors on career choices among youths is low
1.7. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study focuses on the appraisal of the impact of environmental factors on the choice of career among youths in Nigeria
1.8. DEFINITION OF TERMS
CAREER CHOICE: The broad opportunities that exist for lifelong vocations. These vocations are set out in a framework of strategies moving toward personal goals.
ENVIRONMENT: The complex physical factors that make up our surroundings and in turn act upon us. This include the forces of family, political, social and economic issues that both typical and non- typical students may deal with on a day- to- day basis.
MOTIVATION: Forces acting on or within a person causing initiation of behavior or what it is that moves us.
OPPORTUNITY: Those choices in one’s life which are exposed either in a subtle or obvious manner.
PERSONALITY: A characteristic way of thinking, feeling and behaving. The personality is the collection of impression in the appearance of the student’s body and the impressions believed to have been made on others, good or bad. One’s personality may embrace attitudes and opinions that affect the way we deal with interactions of people and, in particular to this study, the situations of choosing a career.
PEERS: Peers are adolescents who are about the same age of maturity level.
QUALITY OF LIFE: The depth in the content of richness and fullness in our day- to- day existence. This includes observed and unobserved criteria that contribute to the fulfillment with our expectations and aspirations
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING READING CULTURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RIVERS STATE» The function of reading in the development of human life and his society cannot be overemphasized as it adds quality to life and is a pathway to the f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction This chapter includes an overview of the background to the study, statement of the problem, purpose of the study, objecti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Teaching is a very complex activity that is affected by the subject matter, the time available, t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study So many reasons have been advanced for the poor performances of students in schools prominent amo...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF CHILD LABOUR ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ISOKO SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A child is a person between the age of 18 months and l3 years. However, children are one of the m...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF FREQUENT ADMINISTRATION OF CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF N.C.E CHEMISTRY STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Examinations and assessment are an integral component of our educational structure. They are cond...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the relationship between study habits and students’ performance in senior secondary school examinations in Suru...Continue Reading »
8. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE MODE OF IMPLEMENTATION OF NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM: TOWARDS SOCIO-ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF YOUTH» ABSTRACT Nigeria, having realized the effectiveness of education as a powerful instrument for national progress and development, adjusted her secondar...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examined entrepreneurship education as a veritable tool for youth empowerment in Nigeria. As the nation is presently experienci...Continue Reading »
10. INVESTIGATING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN BIOLOGY AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS I...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background to the Study Science is doing and involves regular hands – on practical work for learners to develop scientif...Continue Reading »