Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 81 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
It has been very glaring that Guidance and Counseling has been lacking in our educational system, until recently, this discipline has been grossly omitted in the system. Due to the absence of career guidance, many students have not got the proper skill to function effectively in the world of work. A good number of students have not been able to examine their potentialities and attempt to find career that will bring them job satisfaction; this may be attributed to either not Listening to a guidance counsel or not receiving counsel at all. It is therefore imperative to expose out students to various methods or ways of choosing the right career, this cannot be over emphasized. It has been discovered that most schools do not have a functional guidance and counseling rather what exist is a miniature office occupied by teaching staff who offers skeletal guidance occasionally to students a wall as still teach his/her complete weekly periods, hence not having time for the guidance and counseling services.
In view of this schools are encouraged to have a solid and functional guidance and counseling programme being headed bya qualified counselor to meet the individual needs of the students.
Abubakar Gumi College, Kaduna is situated in the South of Kaduna in Chikun Local Government within Sabo Locality.
The school is fairly a large one with a population of approximately two thousand, eight hundred students hence, it obviously needs the services of more than one qualified guidance counselor, to meet the guidance needs of the students. As a staff of the school. I do agree that there exist a guidance counselor but of course this study will determine if it is continuously functional, how qualified and adequate the personnel is.
Purpose of the Study
The research is designed to examine and avert the various problems associated with students studying courses that find no relevance to our society, hence the need to enquire whether the students had no form of guidance while in secondary school. Specifically, this study.
1) Investigate current Guidance and counseling programmes practiced in our secondary schools with specific reference to Christ Ambassadors’ College.
2) Ascertain the extent to which the available guidance counselors engages in the programme as well as the extent to which students actually makes use of the available guidance counsel.
3) Identify strategies for improvement and promote effective guidance counseling programme in our secondary schools.
4) Identify strategies for improvement and promotion of effective guidance counseling programme in our secondary school.
Significance of the Study
The national Policy on Education advocated for the implementation of guidance and counseling programmes in schools’ curricula. However, since this implementation one will expect the level of discipline in our schools to rise, rather there seem to be a current upsurge in the acts of indiscipline, riots and poor academic results. It had become increasingly difficult to control large schools which Abubakar Gumi College, Kaduna is one of such.
This study, therefore, intends to look into the functionability of guidance services, the challenges involved and how it can be improved. It is expected that in secondary schools, guidance assistance offered should be very effective to enable students, attain academic success, remove personal or emotional problems and also teach them how to deal and handle complicated inter – personal relationship with others around.
The study is expected to enhance better communication between the students and the counselors as well as the authorities of schools, since communication is an important ingredient for effective and successful counseling. The research work will be useful to the government in improving guidance in our secondary schools. In addition, further researchers in this related field of study will find this research useful.
1. How much does the students known about the guidance and counseling.
2. How adequate and qualified are the personnel in change of guidance and counseling in Christ Ambassadors’ College?
3. Are there adequate facilities for guidance services?
4. Is the school providing the necessary environment and encouragement needed for the services?
5. What is the relationship between the counselor and the students well as other member of staff?
6. Does a functional guidance service exist in the school?
Scope and Delimitation of the Study
This scope examined the challenges, constraints, support and encouragement given to guidance in secondary schools.
However, due to the time constraint and duration permitted for the study, the research was restricted to Abubakar Gumi College, Kaduna only.
It examined the effectiveness of the counselor as well as the knowledge of student about the service and the relationship between the counselor, the students and the management of the school.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study A national theatre embodies the performing treasures of the nation‘s inheritance for a glo...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 230 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. ASSESSING THE PRACTICAL COMPETENCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODU...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 112 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. ASSESSMENT OF AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN WAMAKKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to examine the availability and utilization of instructional materials in primary schools in Wamakko Local Governmen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 136 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Learning can occur as a result of newly acquired skill, knowledge, perception, facts, principles,...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 105 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. ICT RECEPTION AMONG NIGERIA UNIVERSITY LECTURERS AND STUDENTS TOWARD ENABLING A TRUE E-LEARNING ENVIRONMENT» Abstract Technological change and globalization have created a new global economy with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) occupying a comp...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 174 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. effect of classroom size in effective teaching and learning of Junior Secondary Schools in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY For many years, educators, politicians and people in general have debated on the number of st...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 133 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract This study is on student perception on difficult topics in integrated science at the junior secondary school. The total population for the st...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 235 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECT OF POOR PARENTING ON THE CHILDREN AND THEIR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THEIR CHILDREN: A CASE STUDY IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERN...» ABSTRACT The main focus of this research work is on the effect of poor parenting on children and their education in Egor Local Government Area of Edo ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 296 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. ASSESSMENT OF THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The level of development of a country is often considered to be an offshoot of the nature of her educ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 122 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Single parenting or single parenthood is a parent bringing up a child or children alone without a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 359 hits | Source: EDUCATION