Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The idea behind discipline in school is not across a single point of view About the proper definition of school discipline but to bring together contrasting opinion and attitudes, so that reader give the background on which to base is own conclusions.
How ever the discipline expresses constancy that is what ever situation. There are always a set of rules and regulation necessary foe achievement of the goals of the situation. That is why discipline has often as the order with which an individual advances towards achieving a goal that he has set for himself or that some one has lawfully set for him, for example in a school setting there are a number of rules and rightfully prescribed for student by the government or the school authorities these rules are expected to be observed by student in order to achieve the school goals. All that has been said implies that discipline is a goal oriented behaviour. It is any action taken with a view to achieving the objectives of a given situation, organization or establishment.
Discipline is one of the most controversial topic in education, it is an area of interest that closed involves many parents and teachers who feel the need to refine school values to take account of change in the social environment but are not always sure of the best way to go about the job.
Discipline can be defined as the order with which an individual advance towards achieving a goal that he has set for himself or that someone has lawful set for him
Discipline as the first law in good school for without it school life cannot fulfill it purpose.
Discipline is define as the layout order of control and self impose by pupils rather than imposed from out side by the teacher.
Discipline is define as the highest order of control and self impose by the pupils rather than imposed from out side by the teacher.
Discipline can also be seen as the measured by the extent to which the children are self controlled and willing apply themselves to the task appointed by the teacher.
Discipline as near the total freedom to young stars to find their own philosophy of behaviour and relief or would it be wise to seek to pressure same or the entire traditional standard as an essential bulwark against the risks of social disruption
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Class management and control contributes to build up a discipline in school and in pupils
Therefore the problems associated with the attitude will be examined in this study thus
- inappropriate class room management result to indiscipline among student
- inadequate teaching aids may lead to fail in classroom management
- lack of quality teachers affects class room management
SCOPE OF STUDY
The scope of study will be limited to Idia College, Emotan college, Baptist high school, akenzuwa secondary school, itoan grammer school, oredo girls grammar school, upon which questionnaire will be designed and distributed as if it from the major population of study
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to ensure that discipline and control of pupils become effective in the teaching and learning process. To effect the above the following will be examined among others
- it opens our eyes to see the need of classroom management and control in secondary schools in Oredo local government area.
- it gives a better perspective on the quarters of a teacher
- to expose different methods techniques involved in the school management and control
- to educate teachers on how to ensure effective classroom management and control
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The significance of this study among others include the following
- to ensure efficiency in the teaching method that is used
- to ensure adequate understanding of the subject matter by students
- to ensure adequate discipline and control among student
- to help a teacher to manage his or her class effectively.
As many authors defined discipline as self control and willingness to accept order ones therefore agrees with them that if children or student are allowed to do what ever the wanted to do, peace and order will completely be ruled out from the school. E.g in economic geography, mathematics, English language, history and psychology, there should be discipline among the students so that they can learn effectively.
Discipline is important for it involves all the subject in the school time table and also include the students teachers and parents communities, education officers, policy makers in one way or the other e.g the following generalization can be made about the student attending the school they are well glad and will nourished they are very excited they are easily distracted have a limited attention span can turn off at will then these are drawn from a wide area their arms are quite simply to learn to live together in understanding and tolerance and to give children a stable learning environment.
To achieve this, the life of the school must be based on the mutual respect for all its members and understanding of the difficulties and problems the face for the principal and teachers have responsibility for the whole area of working relations within the school community. The principal or head must seen to be all things to all people the heads door must never be closed to any students, parents, staff members, education, offices and policy makers and he must also be prepared to listen at any time to apparently trivial details which are of course of vital importance to complaints.
The research questions of the study will be focus on the followings. Does class room management and control help pupils to have a good a behaviors is the untrained teacher better equipped with classroom control that the trained teacher? Should discipline of child be left alone for the class teachers? Does personality of a teacher has effect on teachers does environment has influence in class room management and control. Do inadequate teaching aids lead to fall in class room management? Is it good for teacher to ask questions when teaching? Does teacher remain seated at his seat during writing work? Does teacher harshness in class make teachers to learn fast? Does discussing of teachers in class during writing work distract?
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study will limited to classroom management with its association problem. It will equal focus on the issue of control and discipline among pupils, which will lead to adequate solution to the problem of classroom.
Also in caring out the researches The research did not investigate into the development orientation of individual pupils, hence whatever psychological factors that may have contributed to indiscipline behaviour in children are noted
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS DISCIPLINE
Orderly or good conduct and action which results from training in a system of rules for good conduct and respect for good conduct and respect for accepted rules and regulation of a particular institution and society.
INDISCIPLINE: this refers to the bad conduct or behaviour of students who does not obey the rules and regulation of the school
This refers to graduate teachers in education N.C.E holders and holders and holders of education diplomas.
They are teachers appointed to teacher in a secondary school but have no formal teacher education.
A person who answers equations during on interview or who fills the questionnaire of his researchers work
A person undergoing a course of study and instruction at a secondary school
PARENTS TEACHERS ASSOCOIATION
This refers to an organization where the parents of student and teachers in that particular school discuss matters affecting and concerning the school and the student
This happens when the parents of the student have separated or are divorced so that the children lack proper care and security
This refers to the head of a secondary school, whether public or private school he or she is the highest in rank of importance among the members of staffs
This refers to doing wrong of failing to perform a duty in school or at home
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Education: is the training of the faculty it is the knowledge in order to be useful to the society which we belong. Also education can be define as the transmission of culture is dynamic it is always change
Teacher: a teacher is train to inform educate and train group of learners. A teacher can also be defined as a person who has a good knowledge of method. Principles and ability to adjust these to any given policy on education
Student: a student is a child undergoing a course of study instruction at a secondary school
Management: is the ability to utilize available resources to human and material things to work with. Also management can be seen as the use of theories and techniques hat are most applicable to the situation rather than the application of general guideline to all
Indiscipline: this refers to the bad conduct or behaviour of pupils who does not obey the rules and regulation of a school
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPRAISAL OF THE PROBLEMS OF INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETRIEVAL SYSTEM IN ARMY CHILDREN’S SCHOOL BADIKKO, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information is the binding element that holds an organization together. It is an integral part of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is on the influence of western culture on the Nigerian youths using Takum Local Govern...Continue Reading »
3. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF SCHOOL RECORDS BY SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Information is every organization’s most basic and essential asset and in common with any other business assets recorde...Continue Reading »
4. STRATEGIES FOR ENHANCING EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY PRACTICAL SKILLS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN JIGAWA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS INFLUENCING REASONING ABILITY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE: A STUDY OF AGUOBU-OWA HIGH SCHOOL» ABSTRACT This study explored the factors influencing the reasoning ability of secondary school students in Ezeagu Local Government Area (LGA) of Enugu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Health is a basic need of life; therefore health education programmed is necessary if people are to enjoy a worthwhile life style. Since pupi...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPORTANCE AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING SEX EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An important but most undermined phenomenon that has ploughed the society for many years is sex educa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In spite of the much talk of the paperless office, a considerable amount of information is store...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Afolayan (2010) said that drug addiction is the continuous uncontrolled, compulsive use of a drug...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF TEACHING/LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION IN KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (A CASE STUDY OF DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL).» Abstract Computer Science has played a great role in the development of Nigeria, most especially within the educational sector where its relevant on t...Continue Reading »