Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This long-essay discussed the topical issue on the effects of school-based violence on the academic achievements of students. It focused the phenomenon from the national and international perspectives. The theoretical frame work to the problem was provided. The typologies and different forms of school-based violence were identified and succinctly discussed. They include; corporal punishment, sexual violence, bullying, cultism, fighting, arson, neglect and discrimination. The adolescent stage, the home, the school the community and the society at large were highlighted as the major causes of school-based violence. The aftermath and devastating effects of school-based violence which could result into physical injury, life time disability, psychological problems and even death were also discussed. Recommendations on how to keep our school environments safe and protected from violence through the collective and conscious efforts of the government, the school, the home and religious groups and individuals were provided.
School violence is widely heard to have become a serious problem in recent decades. Juvenile offenders and victims are on the increase. The topic of school violence is one that affects all in the society. Asides from interfering with the learning process, the long range effects of school violence affect us all. Statistically, children who engage in violent acts are more likely to become adult criminals. Many children who display violent behaviour at school are exposed to violence or abused outside the school environment and may be in need of help. The consequences and effects of violence can be devastating and far reaching. Physical injuries can range from bruises, scrapes, burns to brain damage, permanent disabilities and death. The school as a micro society is an agent of socialization. And for socialization to take place there must be peace and harmony. Schools can be free from violence, thus, paving way for good academic performance.
A school comprises of human beings organized and interrelated with common purpose to educate the children brought under their care.(Ajuzie, 2005). The school resembles a society in its characteristics and nature of operation and may rightly called a micro society. On account of it functions in the society, the school becomes increasingly an essential subsystem of the latter. It is responsible for the transmission of the culture of the society from one generation to the other, and for assisting the individuals in the society to acquire the necessary skill abilities and competencies for the development of the society.
The school is an agent of socialization of the social cultural and
technological transformation of the society and for the general
enlightenment of the public. Talcott (1951) and Merton (1966) hold the
view that deviant behaviour is most likely to occur when norms that
governs conducts in any societal setting manifest elements of
contradiction. A school environment is a mini society. It is an
environment in which people of diverse socio-economic background and
orientation come together for the purpose of acquiring knowledge and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF SCHOOL FACILITIES ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGARRA AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Educationist and other well meaning people have always maintained that education is the greatest lega...Continue Reading »
2. A STUDY OF PROVERBS 23:29-35 AND THE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM IN NIGERIAN SOCIETY: THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Alcohol has many usage and contrasting connotations. A glass of wine with a meal can symbolize Lo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This work is based on the effect of poverty on educational development of the citizens with a par...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Entrepreneurship capacities are increasingly recognized as important drivers of economic growth, ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF AGGRESSION AND VIOLENCE ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL(A CASE STUDY OF OGBE SEC SCH, EFFURUN, WARRI, DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT The project consist of five (5) chapters among the important content of chapter one include the introduction, background to the study, statem...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN ONELGA RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction In order to teach effectively, the teachers must have sufficient knowledge about the students, in addition to the knowled...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex is a basic physiological need of every human being, male and females are created with differe...Continue Reading »
8. PROBLEMS OF ESSAY WRITING AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OHAUKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract Essay writing is a grammatical element that can make for an effective communication if properly written in any composition or expression. Thi...Continue Reading »
9. PERCEPTION OF MOTHERS ON THE TEACHING OF SEX EDUCATION AT JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN OHAOZARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to examine the perception of mothers on the teaching of sex education at Junior Secondary School Level in Ohaozara Local Go...Continue Reading »
10. THE PROBLEM OF ORAL EXPRESSION IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE. SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The study targets the problem of oral expression among students in some selected junior secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Ed...Continue Reading »