Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Government Area. The objectives were to enlighten individuals on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in secondary schools in Edo State to explore the numbers of ways people can benefit from programmed together with a view of knowing the merit and demerit. And if necessary to ensure that the people practice the principle of using teaching aids and learning chemistry. This study was obtained using questionnaires without 15 items. The data collected were coded, analyzed through the use of simple percentages the analysis were carried out to facilitate discussion of the research questions.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problems
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Scope and limitation of study
Definition of terms
Review of Related Literature
Validity of instrument
Problems of data collection
Analysis of data
Data presentation and analysis
Finding, conclusion and suggestions for further studies
Discussion of finding
Implications of the findings
Suggestion for further studies
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study examined the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching of chemistry in some selected secondary school in Edo State a case study of Oredo LGA. Though, many people would agree that there is an observable fall in standard of education in Edo State especially some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. Nobody in his wildest imagination would have believed that secondary schools in Edo State has fallen to an abysmally low level as Nigeria education observer study came up with a report that in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria has degenerated in the past ten (10) years.
This was reported as one of the lead headlines in the vanguard Newspaper, one of the Nigeria’s major daily newspapers quoted the educational observer sponsored study that; the teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria are poorly trained on the use of teaching aids, unproductive on the job and inadequate teaching aids most especially chemistry. According to this report, the poor performance of teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria; poor mastery of chemistry sas a subject and lack of requisite technical aids skills. It was ascertained in the report that the deficiencies in both vital areas.
Through the study may have identified major areas of the decline in the actual problem may have its roots at secondary school level. For it is at secondary school level that the potential student is given adequate foundation in the use of teaching aids in teaching chemistry ads science subject. A mastery of writing and understanding chemistry is highly desirable, yet its teaching and learning is beset by a myriad of problems at the secondary school level (Kolawole, 1998).
PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
Majority of the teachers who employed into some selected secondary schools in Edo State have no ample opportunity to learned chemistry through the help of teaching aids their educational levels, some of those teachers who are employed to teach students in some selected secondary schools in Edo State, didn’t qualified to that teaching job.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This research would enlighten individuals on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in secondary school in Edo State. To explore the numbers of ways people can benefit from programmed together with a view of knowing the merit and demerit. And also to ensure that the people practice the principle of using teaching aids and learning chemistry and how to stop the illiterate in use of chemistry in Nigeria population.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The essence of this work is to create awareness to the general public on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in Edo State and also a way of helping them understand the required observation in keeping the rules and regulation of teaching and learning chemistry.
Above all, the research work will also to a great extent act as a springboard to anyone who may wish to make further development on the area referring to the subject matter.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to some secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
The following research questions have been formulated to guide the study.
Is the attitude of secondary school teachers towards chemistry encouraged?Do the chemistry teachers use appropriate teaching aids in teaching chemistry frequently?Does chemistry teachers in some selected secondary in Edo State qualified for teaching chemistry as a subject?Are there enough teaching aids in some selected secondary school in Edo State?DEFINITION OF TERMS
Population: This is the total number of organisms living together in one geographical area or it is also the total number of people living together in a particular habitat.
Information: This is a process on enlightening individual on chemistry as a subject.
Aspiration: This also means or defined as ambition or goal.
Devastating: Is simply defined as overwhelming or shocking
Restricted: This defined as limited or constrained
Chemistry: This is a branch of science which deals with the matter its composition and properties.
Teaching aids: These are materials which are used to enhance the easy transfer of learning. They are of different kinds, audio, audio-visual and visual aids.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY OF THE PROBLEM OF TRUANCY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN ONDO WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE» ABSTRACT Indiscipline includes lawlessness; examination malpractice absenteeism etc is one of the major problems threatening our educational instituti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Electronic communication has become an integral part of our global society. Presently, informatio...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF LABORATORY PRACTICAL ON SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS...» ABSTRACT This project work was carried out to determine the impact of laboratory practical on senior secondary school academic achievement in SS 2 Bio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Education is a conscious and purposeful effort directed towards the transmission of accumulated abilities...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF FAMILY CONFLICTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS OF PUPILS IN PUBLIC PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NAKURU MUNICIPALITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Conflict can be defined as the lack of peace in an environment. Conflict in a family therefore re...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING: A CASE STUDY OF NIGER COLLEGE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS TWO.» ABSTRACT The impact of school environment on teaching and learning was carried out in Niger College Junior Secondary School II. In this work attention...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN GOVERNMENT AS A SUBJECT IN AKURE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Socialization is a lifelong process which continues as people changes jobs or roles and as societ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information Provision of secondary education is a major concern for many countries in the world today (UN Decl...Continue Reading »
9. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PRINCIPALS LEADERSHIP STYLE AND JOB SATISFACTION OF TEACHERS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BENIN METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to Study The quality of Educational outcome is the product of effective and efficient utilization of human, materi...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF SCHOOL DISCIPLINE ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA S...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Provision of quality education and training is the ultimate goal of any educational system. The succe...Continue Reading »