Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Government Area. The objectives were to enlighten individuals on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in secondary schools in Edo State to explore the numbers of ways people can benefit from programmed together with a view of knowing the merit and demerit. And if necessary to ensure that the people practice the principle of using teaching aids and learning chemistry. This study was obtained using questionnaires without 15 items. The data collected were coded, analyzed through the use of simple percentages the analysis were carried out to facilitate discussion of the research questions.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problems
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Scope and limitation of study
Definition of terms
Review of Related Literature
Validity of instrument
Problems of data collection
Analysis of data
Data presentation and analysis
Finding, conclusion and suggestions for further studies
Discussion of finding
Implications of the findings
Suggestion for further studies
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study examined the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching of chemistry in some selected secondary school in Edo State a case study of Oredo LGA. Though, many people would agree that there is an observable fall in standard of education in Edo State especially some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. Nobody in his wildest imagination would have believed that secondary schools in Edo State has fallen to an abysmally low level as Nigeria education observer study came up with a report that in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria has degenerated in the past ten (10) years.
This was reported as one of the lead headlines in the vanguard Newspaper, one of the Nigeria’s major daily newspapers quoted the educational observer sponsored study that; the teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria are poorly trained on the use of teaching aids, unproductive on the job and inadequate teaching aids most especially chemistry. According to this report, the poor performance of teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria; poor mastery of chemistry sas a subject and lack of requisite technical aids skills. It was ascertained in the report that the deficiencies in both vital areas.
Through the study may have identified major areas of the decline in the actual problem may have its roots at secondary school level. For it is at secondary school level that the potential student is given adequate foundation in the use of teaching aids in teaching chemistry ads science subject. A mastery of writing and understanding chemistry is highly desirable, yet its teaching and learning is beset by a myriad of problems at the secondary school level (Kolawole, 1998).
PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
Majority of the teachers who employed into some selected secondary schools in Edo State have no ample opportunity to learned chemistry through the help of teaching aids their educational levels, some of those teachers who are employed to teach students in some selected secondary schools in Edo State, didn’t qualified to that teaching job.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This research would enlighten individuals on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in secondary school in Edo State. To explore the numbers of ways people can benefit from programmed together with a view of knowing the merit and demerit. And also to ensure that the people practice the principle of using teaching aids and learning chemistry and how to stop the illiterate in use of chemistry in Nigeria population.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The essence of this work is to create awareness to the general public on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in Edo State and also a way of helping them understand the required observation in keeping the rules and regulation of teaching and learning chemistry.
Above all, the research work will also to a great extent act as a springboard to anyone who may wish to make further development on the area referring to the subject matter.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to some secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
The following research questions have been formulated to guide the study.
Is the attitude of secondary school teachers towards chemistry encouraged?Do the chemistry teachers use appropriate teaching aids in teaching chemistry frequently?Does chemistry teachers in some selected secondary in Edo State qualified for teaching chemistry as a subject?Are there enough teaching aids in some selected secondary school in Edo State?DEFINITION OF TERMS
Population: This is the total number of organisms living together in one geographical area or it is also the total number of people living together in a particular habitat.
Information: This is a process on enlightening individual on chemistry as a subject.
Aspiration: This also means or defined as ambition or goal.
Devastating: Is simply defined as overwhelming or shocking
Restricted: This defined as limited or constrained
Chemistry: This is a branch of science which deals with the matter its composition and properties.
Teaching aids: These are materials which are used to enhance the easy transfer of learning. They are of different kinds, audio, audio-visual and visual aids.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the classroom climate practices in public and private secondary schools in Ibadan West Local Government Area of Oyo S...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECLINING STANDARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION IN MARU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ZAMFARA STATE» ABSTRACT The research study investigated and identified the factors responsible for the declining standard of Secondary Education in Maru Local Govern...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF DROPOUT IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL. A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to find out the high incidence of school dropout in recent times. A study was conducted in Ovia North East Local...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) refers to a set of clinical infections in which the mode of transmission is throug...Continue Reading »
5. ORGANIZATIONAL HIERARCHY AND ADMINISTRATION EFFECTIVENESS IN EDUCATION ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IKEJA LOCAL GOVER...» ABSTRACT This research work is to examine the Organizational Hierarchy and Administration Effectiveness in Education on students Academic Performance ...Continue Reading »
6. EXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING READING CULTURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RIVERS STATE» The function of reading in the development of human life and his society cannot be overemphasized as it adds quality to life and is a pathway to the f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The advent of foreign music like the hiphop, Reggae, Rock & Roll, R & B, rap, jazz etc in...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In the fields of education and psychology, learning has been discovered all over the world to be a highly complex problem. Several researcher...Continue Reading »
9. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A)» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the problems and prospects of teaching of Christian Religious Studies in secondary schools with a p...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF BIOLOGY PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTIION The words “science” is often misconstrued by many people. While some view it as a white ...Continue Reading »