Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
The study was aimed at investigating the impact of lecturer-student relationship on students’ academic performance in delta state university, Asaba campus. The survey research was used in this study to sample the opinion of respondents. This method involved random selection of respondent who were administered with questionnaires. The target population of the study comprised students of Delta State University, Asaba Campus. The questionnaire administered was seventy (70) copies and sixty copies retrieved which constitute the sample size. The descriptive and analytical approach was adopted using Chi-square to test and analyze the hypotheses earlier stated. The findings revealed that lecturer-student relationship, student perception of lecturer, lecturer commitment and availability to student, student attitude have impact on students’ academic performance. It was therefore concluded from the findings that lecturer-students relationship has a positive effect on students’ academic performance. It was recommended that policy makers in education and lecturers should strive more to devise ways in school system patterns and internal school arrangements for instructors to offer other useful interactions and mentoring students besides just giving academic instructions.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In the past, there were cordial relationship between teachers and students which encouraged learning, academic performance and achievement of students. There was a commitment on the part of teachers, respect and other cultural values were upheld by both parents and students. Teachers are role models to students and an instrument through which students could clamp the ladder of greatness in the society. Now, teacher’s academic support and drilling of students to attain success in all ramifications is diminishing due to certain avoidable factors. Teachers and students convey a range of goals, needs, feelings and behavioral scheme that affect the quality of the relationship they form and influence values of their experiences with one another in the classroom.
It is not an exaggeration to say that teachers and students relationship in Nigeria higher Institutions today requires serious attention if students are to improve their learning process, intellectual change and contribute to societal development. The negative perception of teachers by the majority of students cannot promote a positive relationship. The bad attitude of many students to training is not encouraging as many prioritize their social activities at the expense of their study. Some students take part in associations that are unacceptable in the school community; such as cultism whereby members are terrorizing the lives of other students and teachers. Some get involve in examination malpractices and other vices that are contrary to social values of the educational system and the society. These are not commensurate to positive relationship between teachers and students. Lack of commitment and laxity of teachers in their quality of teaching and availability to help students in solving academic and psycho-social problems is affecting the students. Teachers’ exploitation of students remains a factor that could strain a relationship. Sexual harassment of female students from male students and male teachers is a big issue in the educational Institutions in Nigeria. Likewise female students’ sexual harassment of the male teachers in an attempt to pass examination remains a factor that makes positive relationship that can enhance good academic achievement difficult. These and others remain a problem in Nigeria higher institutions, and they could affect academic performance.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of this study is to determine the impact of lecturer-student relationship on student academic performance. However the specific objectives include the followings;
- To examine the impact of lecturer-student relationship on students’ academic performance.
- To examine how student perception of lecturers affect academic performance.
- To examine how lecturer commitment and availability to student affect student academic performance.
- To investigate how student attitude affect academic performance.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
This study aim to answer the following question.
- To what extend does the lecturer-student relationship affect students’ academic performance.
- How does student perception of lecturers affect academic performance?
- How does lecturer commitment and availability affect academic performance?
- How does student attitude affect academic performance?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The following hypotheses were formulated to guide the investigation.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between lecturer-student relationship and students’ academic performance.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between student perception of lecturers and academic performance.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between lecturer commitment and availability to student and academic performance.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between student attitude and academic performance.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A major concern in schools is to increase student achievement. The study is therefore significant for the following reasons;
- This study will be useful to both lecturers and students who may want to know the factors that could make or mar students’ academic performance.
- It is also useful for institutions to enhance lecturer-student relationship through professional development and monitoring.
1.7 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study centers on the impact of lecturer-student relationship on student academic performance of students in Delta State University, Asaba Campus.
It is aimed at all students in Delta State University as a whole but due to time constrain, money and other factors it will be limited to only Delta State University Asaba Campus.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was to assess the hypertension status among lecturers of school of health technology Minna, Niger state. To guide the study, four ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined public perception of girl child education among rural dwellers in Laffia North L.G.A: Implications for social work practi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Child abuse is also called cruelty to children; the willful infliction of pain and suffering on child...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (child hawking and educational development) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete proje...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Immorality today, it has been observed, is increasing on a daily bases. Ethics as a way of ordere...Continue Reading »
6. PROBLEMS OF ESSAY WRITING AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OHAUKWU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract Essay writing is a grammatical element that can make for an effective communication if properly written in any composition or expression. Thi...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF MARITAL INSTABILITY ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study is designed not only to impact broad based knowledge to marital homes but also to tack...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In the fields of education and psychology, learning has been discovered all over the world to be a highly complex problem. Several researcher...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF CONCEPT-MAPPING AND DISCUSSION-BASED TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION OF PLANTS IN UYO METR...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the comparative effects of using concept mapping and discussion based teaching methods on students academic achieveme...Continue Reading »
10. FINANCIAL STRATEGY AS SUPPORT DETERMINANT FOR THE AVOIDANCE AND RESOLUTION OF DISTRESS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACT The banking sector is the bedrock of the Nigerian economy, and this industry is known to have contributed in no small measure to the developm...Continue Reading »