Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is carried out in an attempt to find out if listening skill is taught as one of the language skills in primary schools in Benin, Uhunmwode Government Area and also to identify the problem affecting the effective teaching of the skills. Questionnaires on some of the assumptions were designed and distributed to English teachers in six (6) primary schools in Benin. (Uhumwonde Local Government Area). Questions were also asked by oral interview in addition to the questionnaires which were done. The data were collected and tested among other discoveries, it was found that, the lack of adequate listening skills affects the general cover all performance of students in language study.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of study
Purpose of the study
Significance of study
Scope and limitation
Definition of terms
Review of relevant literature
Population and sample
Method of data collection
Analysis and discussion questions
Table used and research
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Language play a very important role in the development of a child intellectual activities language can be written or spoken and the means of decoding the message sent through written language is reading. Teaching and learning activities are meaningful when instructional materials are used of effectively and efficiently in a classroom situation. It is necessary for teacher of English Language in Nigeria to use visual aids also now as instructional materials in order to make teaching interest, effective and to arouse and sustain the attention of the students.
But the problem in some primary school in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State as elsewhere in Nigeria is that most of the instructional materials like audio aids are not available they are not utilized. The reason is that most teachers lack knowledge on the use of these instructional visual aid like flash cards, Flannel board maps and charts but these instructional material have met with little or no success in improving the teachers teaching and students mastering of the basic concept of reading since men and aware of other teaching aids like visual aids, the research tends to look at use of video visual aids in teaching and learning situation.
It tends to look at way by which these aids can be put into the roper use through teaching of English language, in our school language. On the other hand, it is necessary that effort should be made to find out the proper and adequate use of audio visual aids in the teaching of English language in our primary schools. At this junction audio visual aids for classroom is used of video recorders and overhead projections to teach pupils as a way to facilitate their understanding or comprehension.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This study is designed to investigate the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English language in primary schools in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State. this study is necessitate by the falling standard of rising as a skill among pupils which among other things is an availability of audio visual aids in primary school. It has been observed that most teacher of English language in our primary school do not use audio visual aids adequately. This unprecedented situation thus calls for a number of pertinent questions such as:
1. What are the problems responsible for low usage of audio visual aids in the teaching of English language?
2. It is as a result of unavailability of the materials or no trained personnel to use them.
3. Is there any effort made towards finding solution to the problem.
4. What are the likely solution to the problem this study intend to investigate and possibly find meaningful solution to them.
1. Are audio visual aids available in school?
2. Are audio visual aids very important in language lesson?
3. Should the use of audio visual aids be encouraged?
4. Why do you like using audio visual aids in teaching English language?
PURPOSE OF STUDY
1. It is to emphasis that it is more important for the learners to know his purpose of listening than for the teaching to know its although both understanding are desirable.
2. To buttress the fact that certainly a follow-up evaluation in terms of goals achieved, both as to content and skill is a necessary part of the whole.
3. When teachers become aware of the need for teaching listening something is accomplished alerted in the need for improving their listening habits, some progress is made.
4. In like manner, when children become alerted in the need for improving their listening habits, some progress is made.
5. A free discussion of how this skill can help enrich our lives may lead into many experimental activities.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Different sets of people involves in finding of this study, would be significant with the general educational process and to other members of the society.
This would be of importance to curriculum planners and school administrators, who are concerned with ways of improving the educational system, study in their various schools would find this work very valuable in finding solution to their problems of inability to use requisite to their desired social belonging or success. Evidence from many scholars work are Martins and Deocine (1978) and Cedric .I. Clerik and airline Bunthecy (1972) have shown that though listening skill is a vital tool in the teaching process in the school.
The teacher and curriculum planners place emphasis on the teaching of reading, writing and speaking while the teaching of listening skill is relegated. This is shown from the fact that the time table for language there are lesson period set aside for reading comprehension, composition, writing, oral discussion, but none for either listening comprehension or either activities related to the improvement of listening skills.
The urge to carryout a research on the teaching of listening as a language skill in primary school in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State is as a result of the researchers interest to investigate their reason for the pupils poor or inefficient use of listening as a basic skill in the observations of the research during a teaching session of the listening skills. Appropriately in grasping meaningful and important points from teachers oral lecture of teaching, also, the teachers will not be left out from those to benefit from the findings of the work. They would be able to acquire knowledge about the methodology of teaching listening skill in primary schools.
Finally, the study would be useful to the general readers in research of knowledge of how to use listening skill effectively in any communication environment e.g. listening to seminars, a public address, radio and televisions broadcast.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Curriculum: The subjects that are included in a course of study or taught in a school.
Receptive: The willingness to listen to or to accept new ideas or suggestions
Interpretation: The particular way in, which some thing is understood or explained.
Emphasize: To give special importance to something.
Concentrate: To give all your attention to something and not think about anything else.
Obstacle: A situation that makes it difficult for you to do or achieve something.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The home is an essential place in the upbringing of an adolescent as the first environment within...Continue Reading »
2. ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS REQUIRED BY SECONDARY SCHOOL GRADUATES FOR SUCCESS IN RICE PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES IN KWARA STATE» Abstract This study was carried out to identify entrepreneurship skills required by secondary school graduates for success in rice production enterpri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Information and communication technology is presently perceived as a propelling force in attainin...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined those factors that existed between teachers job performance in Lagos State public secondary schools through a descriptive ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (A CASE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA LOCAL GOVER...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY English language occupies a prominent place in the Nigerian school curriculum. The English language i...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF CONCEPT-MAPPING AND DISCUSSION-BASED TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION OF PLANTS IN UYO METR...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the comparative effects of using concept mapping and discussion based teaching methods on students academic achieveme...Continue Reading »
7. THE PROBLEM OF ORAL EXPRESSION IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE. SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The study targets the problem of oral expression among students in some selected junior secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Ed...Continue Reading »
8. INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES AND STUDENT’S ACADEMY PERFORMANCE IN PHYSICS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM ST...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgements Table of Contents Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Classroom Management is about creation of positive learning environments. But the concept of posi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In Nigerian, there are many system of education that will be beneficial to citizens and the socie...Continue Reading »