Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is carried out in an attempt to find out if listening skill is taught as one of the language skills in primary schools in Benin, Uhunmwode Government Area and also to identify the problem affecting the effective teaching of the skills. Questionnaires on some of the assumptions were designed and distributed to English teachers in six (6) primary schools in Benin. (Uhumwonde Local Government Area). Questions were also asked by oral interview in addition to the questionnaires which were done. The data were collected and tested among other discoveries, it was found that, the lack of adequate listening skills affects the general cover all performance of students in language study.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of study
Purpose of the study
Significance of study
Scope and limitation
Definition of terms
Review of relevant literature
Population and sample
Method of data collection
Analysis and discussion questions
Table used and research
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Language play a very important role in the development of a child intellectual activities language can be written or spoken and the means of decoding the message sent through written language is reading. Teaching and learning activities are meaningful when instructional materials are used of effectively and efficiently in a classroom situation. It is necessary for teacher of English Language in Nigeria to use visual aids also now as instructional materials in order to make teaching interest, effective and to arouse and sustain the attention of the students.
But the problem in some primary school in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State as elsewhere in Nigeria is that most of the instructional materials like audio aids are not available they are not utilized. The reason is that most teachers lack knowledge on the use of these instructional visual aid like flash cards, Flannel board maps and charts but these instructional material have met with little or no success in improving the teachers teaching and students mastering of the basic concept of reading since men and aware of other teaching aids like visual aids, the research tends to look at use of video visual aids in teaching and learning situation.
It tends to look at way by which these aids can be put into the roper use through teaching of English language, in our school language. On the other hand, it is necessary that effort should be made to find out the proper and adequate use of audio visual aids in the teaching of English language in our primary schools. At this junction audio visual aids for classroom is used of video recorders and overhead projections to teach pupils as a way to facilitate their understanding or comprehension.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This study is designed to investigate the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English language in primary schools in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State. this study is necessitate by the falling standard of rising as a skill among pupils which among other things is an availability of audio visual aids in primary school. It has been observed that most teacher of English language in our primary school do not use audio visual aids adequately. This unprecedented situation thus calls for a number of pertinent questions such as:
1. What are the problems responsible for low usage of audio visual aids in the teaching of English language?
2. It is as a result of unavailability of the materials or no trained personnel to use them.
3. Is there any effort made towards finding solution to the problem.
4. What are the likely solution to the problem this study intend to investigate and possibly find meaningful solution to them.
1. Are audio visual aids available in school?
2. Are audio visual aids very important in language lesson?
3. Should the use of audio visual aids be encouraged?
4. Why do you like using audio visual aids in teaching English language?
PURPOSE OF STUDY
1. It is to emphasis that it is more important for the learners to know his purpose of listening than for the teaching to know its although both understanding are desirable.
2. To buttress the fact that certainly a follow-up evaluation in terms of goals achieved, both as to content and skill is a necessary part of the whole.
3. When teachers become aware of the need for teaching listening something is accomplished alerted in the need for improving their listening habits, some progress is made.
4. In like manner, when children become alerted in the need for improving their listening habits, some progress is made.
5. A free discussion of how this skill can help enrich our lives may lead into many experimental activities.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Different sets of people involves in finding of this study, would be significant with the general educational process and to other members of the society.
This would be of importance to curriculum planners and school administrators, who are concerned with ways of improving the educational system, study in their various schools would find this work very valuable in finding solution to their problems of inability to use requisite to their desired social belonging or success. Evidence from many scholars work are Martins and Deocine (1978) and Cedric .I. Clerik and airline Bunthecy (1972) have shown that though listening skill is a vital tool in the teaching process in the school.
The teacher and curriculum planners place emphasis on the teaching of reading, writing and speaking while the teaching of listening skill is relegated. This is shown from the fact that the time table for language there are lesson period set aside for reading comprehension, composition, writing, oral discussion, but none for either listening comprehension or either activities related to the improvement of listening skills.
The urge to carryout a research on the teaching of listening as a language skill in primary school in Uhumwonde Local Government Area of Edo State is as a result of the researchers interest to investigate their reason for the pupils poor or inefficient use of listening as a basic skill in the observations of the research during a teaching session of the listening skills. Appropriately in grasping meaningful and important points from teachers oral lecture of teaching, also, the teachers will not be left out from those to benefit from the findings of the work. They would be able to acquire knowledge about the methodology of teaching listening skill in primary schools.
Finally, the study would be useful to the general readers in research of knowledge of how to use listening skill effectively in any communication environment e.g. listening to seminars, a public address, radio and televisions broadcast.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Curriculum: The subjects that are included in a course of study or taught in a school.
Receptive: The willingness to listen to or to accept new ideas or suggestions
Interpretation: The particular way in, which some thing is understood or explained.
Emphasize: To give special importance to something.
Concentrate: To give all your attention to something and not think about anything else.
Obstacle: A situation that makes it difficult for you to do or achieve something.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF MARITAL INSTABILITY ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study is designed not only to impact broad based knowledge to marital homes but also to tack...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 64 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
2. ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS REQUIRED BY SECONDARY SCHOOL GRADUATES FOR SUCCESS IN RICE PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES IN KWARA STATE» Abstract This study was carried out to identify entrepreneurship skills required by secondary school graduates for success in rice production enterpri...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 200 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
3. SOCIAL FACTORS AFFECTING CLASSROOM INTERACTION AND LEARNING IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IDEMILI SOUTH LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at analyzing the psycho social factors of Classroom Interaction as a predictor to academic performance in upper basic sc...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 79 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
4. ADJUSTMENT DIMENSION OF RETIRED TEACHERS IN ONUEKE EDUCATION ZONE OF EBONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Occupation has a serious influence on peoples’ sense, of identity. Withdrawing from it, makes a...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
5. THE INFLUENCE OF TEACHING METHODS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN FINE ARTS IN NIGERIA(A CASE STUDY OF J.SS.3 STUDENTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a fundamental change in the...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 90 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
6. EFFECT OF FAMILY STRUCTURE ON JUVENILE DELINQUENCY AMONG SCHOOL ADOLESCENT» ABSTRACT The increasing rate of juvenile delinquency has become a major social problem globally and locally. Researchers and concerned individuals hav...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 73 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
7. AN IDENTIFICATION OF FACTORS AFFECTING THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF PHYSICS PRACTICAL IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Man was able to progress to a high degree of civilization through the careful study of the causes of ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 47 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
8. AN ASSESSMENT ON THE AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF COMPUTER FACILITIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Religion is a social institution of a belief system, a mental complex and a system of worship fou...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 86 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
9. EVALUATION OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN SOUTH EAST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» Abstract The purpose of the study was to evaluate Mathematics Education programmes in colleges of education in South East geopolitical zones of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 185 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
10. IMPACT OF NIGERIA NATIONAL THEATRE AS A VEHICLE FOR CULTURAL PROMOTIONAL AND COMMERCIAL VENTURE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study A national theatre embodies the performing treasures of the nation‘s inheritance for a glo...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 55 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | EDUCATION DEPARTMENT