Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
According to Dewey, he sees education as help in the formation of fundamental attitude of imagination, desires and thinking, which is strictly correlated with culture in its inclusiveness. In other words, education can be seen as an instrument of transformation in the society which every nation has a strong believe in the effectiveness of education as a powerful instrument for national development. Therefore, education entails teaching and learning for teaching and learning to take place there must be teachers and the learners to be taught. So, the effective teaching can be done by a trained person called the teacher.
In our society today, teaching is been handled properly by trained people (teachers) who are educationally and morally trained these people called teachers perform their job effectively, they make sure that they come to school before the students or pupils arrives the teacher also establishes the role of hosting the students/pupils into the classroom, get them sited and starting the days work. During teaching, the teacher try as much as possible to interest the pupils in the subject he/she teaches and this undoubtedly increase the desire or motivation on the part of the students to struggle harder. Planning the teaching also helps the teacher to organize himself properly, explanation of topic; simplify things for easier understanding by pupils.
The manner in which a teacher addresses a class reflects an attitude and conveys a message not only through what is said but also through how it is said. Before speaking to the class he makes sure that attention is gained by getting pupils stop playing and listen carefully. The teacher develops good personal relationship with his/her pupils be fostering mutual trust and respect. The teacher does this effectively by been aware of each child as an individual and be sensitive to the mood of the class as a whole. The awareness of individual differences begins with the essential task of learning names and putting them accurately to faces.
Having knowledge of different method of teaching and knowing which one to use and when he is able to teach his students effectively. The teacher make it his duty to create a classroom, environment that foster the educational development of his pupils and make the environment reflect his personality and concern and appreciation he holds for his pupils/students venture. This is done by making the classroom clean and neat. With those aforementioned reasons the researcher was prompt to ask why is it that these personnel called teachers are so skilful in carrying out their jobs, were they born to be teachers? It was later discovered by the researcher that for a person to become a teacher he has to be trained to acquire these skills during the training they have to go for three months teaching practice where skill are acquired. Therefore the researcher is carrying out this study to discover the role of teaching practice on the students preparation for teacher education.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Teaching practice is a significant aspect of students preparation for teacher education. This research work is determined to find out role of teaching practice on the students preparation for teacher education, how does teaching practice enhance the students knowledge about teaching, does teaching practice expose students to keeping good classroom management, does teaching practice exposes students to how theory is merged with practical.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study was carried out and to find out the role of teaching practice on the students preparation for teacher education. A case study of college of Education, Ekiadolor Benin. To be able to identify these roles and to determine the extent to which this role has enhance the students preparation towards the teaching profession.
The following are the research questions, which are:
1. Does teaching practice exposes students on how to merge theory with practical?
2. Does teaching practice exposes students who is preparing for teacher education?
3. Does teaching practice reveal students teachers personality?
4. Does teaching practice enhance the students knowledge about teaching as a profession.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study examined the role of teaching practice on the student preparation for teacher education. A case study of College of Education, Ekiadolor. We have the assurance that teaching practice help us to develop our teaching skill.
This research work will be of importance to curriculum planners and designers, government, teachers, parents, and students preparing for teacher education. The result of the research may highlight the need for the government and the school management to encourage the on coming students preparing for teacher education to participate on the exercise.
The findings of this research may also assist educational administrators in monitoring institutions of teacher education so that the activities for the teacher is enhanced.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The study is designed to cover colleges of Education Ekiadolor, because of the large nature of the school some students are selected. Other factors which affect the study were lack of time, poor responses from respondents uncooperative attitude of respondents and inadequate textbooks.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will be restricted to college of Education Ekiadolor because every students is expected to participate in the teaching practice exercise before graduation.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Teaching: This is an act of imparting knowledge to a learner.
Practice: this is an act of doing what one have learnt.
Teaching practice: this is commonly called an opportunity for the students teacher to put into practice all the knowledge and theories in child and adolescent psychology, learning theories, guidance and counselling, classroom management, educational administration, planning and supervision, curriculum development, test measurement and evaluation, instructional technology, micro teaching etc.
Socio norm: Value that are accepted by the general society.
Exercise: the process of teaching practice
On-coming Students: Those people that are yet to gain admission into higher institution.
Expose: make known
Institution: A place of teaching and learning.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE LANGUAGE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND SOME SELECTED PENTECOSTAL DENOMINATIONS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The major objective of language is communication but the manner in which language communicates appears to be interlinked ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the influence of gender on the education of girl child in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. 100 students ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was basically carried out to investigate, analyze and ameliorate the roles of principals of secondary school in Kebbi State. Fro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Supervision right from time immemorial has to improve the activities of teaching and learning in ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of study’ Effect of premarital sex among the youth; other aim of the research work includes; ascertaining how premarital sex af...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF PEER GROUP ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Peer group can simply be said to be people of the same age and ability that is people who are knitted together by a feeling d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY For many years, behavioral and educational researchers have studied the psychological effects of ...Continue Reading »
8. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR NUTRITION ON CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15 YEARS: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Poor nutrition is as old as man exist on earth, nutrition particular in protein and energy growing food w...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF SUPERVISION IN PROMOTING EFFICIENCY IN TEACHING AND INSTRUCTION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Supervision right from time immemorial has to improve the activities of teaching and learning in ...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL AID IN IMPROVING THE TEACHING OF ACCOUNTING IN SECONDARY SCHOOL RIGACHIKUN INSPECTORATE» Abstract This research is on the study of the use of instructional materials in secondary schools in Rigachikun inspectorate are of Kaduna state. The ...Continue Reading »