Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The everyday activity of students/people within and outside the federal university of technology Akure is becoming more difficult and complex. This is seen in the growing bumper-to-bumper traffic that is being experienced in the federal university of technology Akure especially during the hours of 7.30 am – 11.30am in the morning and 2.00pm – 7.30 pm. Nowadays, it looks as if traffic congestions in the school south gate are now becoming compelling acceptable justifications for staffs and lectures being late to work in FUTA metropolis. The poor traffic condition in FUTA grow as a product of the diverse land-use movements such as commercial, industrial, educational, administrative, public and semi-public, recreational land-use patterns and circulation land use and its consequential activities. Another reason can be the poor geographical location of the school, together with insufficient flyovers for pedestrians and the strange and unculturedattitudes of students who own and drive cars to school and unexpectedlarge increase in the car ownership among students have joined force to complicate FUTA traffic problems. Therefore, traffic cannot flow effectively to produce the desired result and the overall outcome is the blocking of the FUTA South gate. Specific factors mentioned in the literature as the factor militating efficient traffic in FUTA south gate and in educational institutions as a whole are: insufficient parking spaces and flyovers for pedestrians, overreliance on road and indiscipline among the motorists/pedestrians, etc. One method to resolving this issues that should be embraced by the FUTA is traffic management. Traffic management is seen as a step by step and prolongedserious attempt on conducting and controlling the traffics on the school roads/gates to make the roads or gate from negative effects of the traffic.
- STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The ever increasing population of the FUTA community has resulted to lack of adequate traffic flow which has brought unprecedented hardship on both the staff and students as they spend a lot of time before either exiting or entering the institution through the south gate which has overtime proven to be a very strategic gate. The increasing population of the community has resulted to pressure on the available resources which originally wasn’t made for the population. the lack of flow of traffic in the FUTA south gate being a strategic gate has increased insecurity especially at this period when the nation is currently facing security/terrorism challenges as a lot of crimes has been recorded during this period of traffic jam.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine the factors affecting traffic flow at the FUTA south gate. Other specific objectives of the study are to;
- To examine the prospects of ensuring free flow of traffic in FUTA south gate.
- To determine the security implications of lack of free flow of traffic.
- To review the role of the school administration in enduring free flow of traffic at the FUTA south gate.
- To recommend ways of improving traffic flow at the FUTA south gate.
- What are the factors affecting the free flow of traffic at the FUTA south gate?
- What are the prospects of ensuring free flow of traffic in FUTA south gate?
- What are the security implications of lack of free flow of traffic?
- What is the role of the school administration in enduring free flow of traffic at the FUTA south gate?
- What are the ways of improving traffic flow at the FUTA south gate?
H0: There are no factors affecting traffic flow at the FUTA south gate.
H1: There are factors affecting traffic flow at the FUTA south gate.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be of great importance to the school management as it would unveil the factors responsible for the lack of traffic flow at the FUTA south gate while at the same time proffer solutions to the problem.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the factors affecting the free flow of traffic using the FUTA south gate as the case study.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Good communication skills continue to be the foundations of learning, emotional development and s...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 67 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. FACTORS AFFECTING TEACHING AND LEARNING FRENCH LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSHODI/ISOLO LGA LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY French is one language that is taught in every school in Nigerian. It is perceived to be as important...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 351 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Over the years, there have been growing concerns about the attitude of students towards the study of ...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 338 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine prevalence and patterns of Psychoactive Substance use among Senior Secondary School Students in Dala Loca...Continue Reading »
156 pages | 57 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. READING INTEREST OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREFERENCES BY GENDER OF STUDENTS IN IPE AKOKO, AKOKO SOUTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In the field of education & psychology, learning has been discovered all over the world to be...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 408 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract This research is aimed at investigating into the socio economic effect of population growth in Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State. To...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 164 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Social science literacy is generally recognized as a vital aspect of democratic governance by many na...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 575 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. PEER GROUP AND CAREER CHOICE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE Background to the study A peer group is both a social group and a primary group of people. Peer group many be defined as a group of people...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 247 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. A regression analysis on the hours spent on the internet and time spent to study on academic performance of students.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigerians are confronted with an environment that is rapidly changing and the time spent on non ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 848 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and effects of indiscipline among secondary school students in Esa...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 422 hits | Source: EDUCATION