Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page iii
Table of contents vi
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study 1
1.2 Statement of the Problems 3
1.3 Objectives of the Studies 4
1.4 Significance of the Study 4
1.5 Research Questions 5
1.6 Scope and Limitations of the Study 5
1.7 Definition of Terms 6
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Introduction 8
2.2 ICTS in Education and for Education 9
2.3 Teachers and Instructional Applications of ICTS 12
2.4 Factors Contributing to using ICT in the Classroom 16
2.5 The Need for ICT Application in
Nigerian Secondary Schools 18
2.6 ICT Application in Nigerian Secondary Schools 19
2.7 Studies on Teachers Uses of ICTS 23
2.8 Summary of related literature 27
CHAPTER THREE: METHODOLOGY
3.1 Introduction 30
3.2 Research Design 30
3.3 Population of the Study 30
3.4 Sample Size and Sampling Technique 31
3.5 Data Collection Instrument 31
3.6 Method of Data Collection 31
3.7 Method of Analysis 32
3.8 Limitations to the Study 33
3.9 Validation of the Instrument 34
3.10 Reliability of the Instrument 34
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.2 Data presentation and analysis
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.2 Re-statement of the procedure
5.3 Summary of Procedure
5.4 Major Findings
5.5 Discussion of Findings
5.6 Implications of the study
5.6 Recommendations of the study
5.7 Suggestions for further studies
The study sought to assess the strategies for improving instructional delivery through the utilization of information and communication materials in secondary
schools in Kaduna educational zone. The specific purposes of the study were to determine the extent information and communication materials available for teaching in senior secondary schools in Kaduna State, determine the extent teachers and senior students in secondary schools exposed to ICT facilities among others. Four research questions were design and used to guide this study. The population of the study is 360 respondents of which 196 respondents were used as the sample. The test retest method was used to establish the reliability of the instrument and the Pearson Product Moment Correlation coefficient was used to calculate the reliability coefficient. Descriptive and inferential statistics were employed to analyse the data. The summary of the findings for this study revealed that there is no sufficient Information and communication material available for teaching in senior secondary school in Kaduna state, there are factors that expose teachers and student in secondary school to ICT facilities among others. Based on the findings, recommendations were made which include that, ICT should be more emphasized in teacher education programme. ICT should always be seen as a tool for teachers to use and not as a substitution for teachers, challenges facing the adoption of ICT in secondary school in Kaduna state should be effectively monitored by government intervention in the areas of funding and providing necessary infrastructures to ensure success of ICT in teacher education programme in Nigeria must be urgently addressed among others.
1.1 Background of the Study
The challenges of classroom instruction in Nigeria’s school system and research started changing dramatically with the emergence of new technologies which include Information and Communication Technology (ICT). This period of computer age had ushered in a new dimension of processing, preservation and dissemination of information among other vital roles of computer through the help of ICT. These days, ICT has and is continuing to have an increasingly significant impact on all aspects of human life. ICT provides an avenue for people in all aspects of life to access and profit from the power of computer as a personal tool, to collaborate in groups and to disseminate information locally and globally. For a continuing global interaction in the international community and in a bid to solve the inter-cultural and language barriers that are part of the factors that result in global conflict in recent times, many countries of the world have taken steps to ensure that their citizens have access to information and communication technology through increased reliance on computer assistance in delivering their classroom instructions. In view of the fact that computer has become an inevitable instructional material/method for teaching and learning of Social studies, this paper explores how ICT must be harnessed to promote teaching and learning of Social studies.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) refer to several kinds of technological application and equipment which are utilized for processing, transmitting or communicating data and information. This informs Olibie’s (2008) assertion that one of the conditions that is very important in determining the extent to which a nation participates in the global world is information and communication technology (ICT). She maintains that it is an advance in technology that provides a rich globe resource and collaborative environment for dissemination of knowledge and information. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is defined as computer based tools used by people to work with the information and communication processing needs of an organization. It encompasses the hardwares and soft-wares, the network and several other devices (video, audio, photographic, camera, etc) that can convert information like text, images and sound into common digital form (Yusuf, 2002). Isoun (2006) describes ICT as a term that is used to indicate a whole range of technologies involved in information processing and electronic communications, including the internet, electronic mail, and video conferencing. In the same vein, Abolade and Yusuf (2005) opined that information and communication technologies relate principally to studying concepts, skills, processes and application of electronic devices. In support of the above Ede, (2010) states that materials such as computers, internet, interface boxes are aspects of ICT.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
Unwin, (2009). “ICT can be a catalyst by providing tools which teachers use to improve teaching and by giving learners access to electronic media that make concepts clearer and more accessible”. So one can also agree with us that without a proper ICT in place, an institution can find the going very tough and in most cases the institution will be fighting endless fights to extinguish the flame rather than preventing the fire from starting. Orungbemi (2008) maintains that the oldest presentation tool used in classrooms in undoubtedly the chalkboard. It is an essential tool and will remain so in is many places and circumstances. This has been replaced or complemented by “flip charts” and overhead projectors (Maiwada, 2004). Most secondary schools in Nigeria faced challenges like inadequate funding is a major challenge because it has negatively affected many areas of education in Nigeria, inadequate or non-existence of physical facilities and material resources such as computer rooms, furniture, electricity or electric generators, lack of well-articulated educational policy by the Nigerian government.
1.3 Objectives of the Studies
The main objective of this study is to examine the strategies for improving delivery through the utilization of information and communication materials in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone. Therefore, the study will attempt to:
i.) Determine the extent information and communication materials available for teaching senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone in Kaduna State.
ii.) Determine the extent teachers and students in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone are exposed to ICT facilities.
iii.) Determine the perceived benefits of ICT in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone?
iv.) Determine the challenges facing the adoption of ICT in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone in Kaduna State?
1.4 Significance of the Study
The research work will serve as an academic and practical reference point for students and administrators who will use this to build upon further investigation and analysis on the subject matter. The need to carry out a study of the present performance appraisal system is imperative as it is hoped that the research findings will help the management where necessary. Finally, the study will contribute to knowledge, theory and ICT in secondary.
1.5 Research Questions
i.) What are the information and communication materials available for teaching in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone in Kaduna State?
ii.) What factors that exposes teachers and students in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone to ICT facilities?
iii.) What are the perceived benefits of ICT in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone?
iv.) What are the challenges facing the adoption of ICT in senior secondary school in Kaduna educational zone in Kaduna State?
1.6 Scope and Limitations of the Study
The essence of this study is to focus attention on the effects strategies for improving delivery through the utilization of information and communication materials in secondary school in Kaduna education zone. The study will cover the roles of ICT in secondary school in Kaduna north and south zone;
The study shall be limited to the data collected as some vital information may be classified as secret. The researchers are also foreseeing time and financial constraint to hinder a thorough work, but shall ensure a sound and unbiased conclusion. Another expected limitation is the unwillingness and uncooperative attitude of some respondents to questions.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY OF DEVIANT BEHAVIOUR AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ETHIOPE EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Deviant behaviour can be defined as not keeping to the rules or norms of the society, or the schools norms. A...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Science and technology have proved significantly useful in man’s daily struggle to control his ...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF TEACHER’S QUALIFICATION ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN ACID-BASE TITRATIONS IN IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOV...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Cover Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents List of Tables List of Figures List of Appen...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF COMPUTER CONCEPT MAPPING ON STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL ECONOMICS IN NSUKKA EDUCATION ZONE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Computer has been defined by different people in different ways computer is the study of a device tha...Continue Reading »
5. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORIES AND QUALIFIED TEACHERS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN OUR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Science according to Attiji (2008) is a dynamic human activity concerned with understanding of wo...Continue Reading »
6. THE NEED FOR COUNSELLING CENTRES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE “PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT”» ABSTRACT The research topic on: “the need for counseling services in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local government area of Edo state...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTS OF KADUNA STATE GOVERNMENT SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMME ON LEARNING IN SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria runs 6 3 3 4 policy of education. This translates into six years of primary ...Continue Reading »
8. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS ENGAGEMENT AND MATHEMATICS ACHIEVEMENT IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Academic performance is a factor found among students and is it a function of many factors, some of w...Continue Reading »
9. ANALYSIS OF THE DETERMINANTS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP SPIRIT AND SKILL ACQUISITION AMONG UNDERGRADUATE IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the entrepreneurship competencies possessed by students in three Nigerian Universities. The overcrowded job market in Nige...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the causes and effect of street hawking and dropout on child of school age. The research instrument co...Continue Reading »