Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Organizations, whether profit-oriented or service oriented are designed to work towards achievement of set-goals. As workers (teachers) consciously contribute towards goals of the organization, they also have personal or group goals they expect to satisfy (Koko, 2005). Aide (2007) deposited that of all tools in management (men, machine, material, money and market), without any iota of doubt, the most important is men. Men are the only animate instrument that is capable of achieving the other 4M's or making them moribund and hence affect positively or negatively the purpose of a system. Personnel management, otherwise referred to as human resource management is concerned with the people dimension in management. (Aja-Okorie, 2014) perceived personnel management as an important management function concerned with obtaining, developing and motivating the human resources required by an organization to achieve its objectives. Generally, education in Nigeria has been perceived as an instrument "per excellence" for effecting national development (FRN, 2004:4). Government has stated that for the benefit of all citizens, the country's educational goals shall be clearly set out in terms of their relevance to the needs of the individual and those of the society, in consonance with the realities of our environment and the modern world. If our education is to achieve the national goals, then, well trained, well-qualified and efficient educators are absolutely essential. Thus, no educational system may rise above the quality of its teachers, is an old academic. Therefore, acquiring teacher's services, developing their skills, motivating them to high levels of performance and ensuring that they continue to maintain their commitment to the organization are essential to achieving school organizational goals.
Teachers’ personnel management is responsible for activities such as recruitment and selection, training, wage and salary administration, establishing staffing ratios, benefit planning and performance. It is their responsibility to develop and recommend policies and procedures which will contribute to the achievement of the goals in the educational system. In summary, the functions of personnel are to select, train, develop, assimilate and remunerate teachers (AjaOkorie, 2014). Managing teachers is that part of school management function which is concerned with teachers at work and their relationship within the educational enterprise. It seeks to bring together and develop into an effective educational organization, men and women who make up the teaching workforce, enabling each to make his/her own best contribution to its success. Management of teaching workforce involves a number of strategies that begins and maintain activities toward the achievement of personal and organizational goals. Omebe (2001) is of the view that well managed teachers will always look for better ways to do their teaching job. They are more quality oriented and more productive. Management of teachers can be through the adoption of these management strategies; supervision, in-service training and compensation among others. Hence, any teacher that enjoys the influence of the above named strategies is bound to give all his best in discharging his or her duty because he would derive the satisfaction of being a teacher, which in-tum will boost his/her performance. It is to this regard that the study wishes to examine the impact of Personnel Management on teachers’ Job Performance using Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State as the case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
What really instigated the study was the use the growth rate of lack of management in most of the schools in Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State; some of the problems identified are, poor supervision of teachers, unavailability of teachers for classes as at when due and poor performance of students as a result of ineffective teaching methods.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to examine the impact of Personnel Management on teachers’ Job Performance using Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State. Other specific objectives include:
1. To find out the extent teacher's personnel management operational framework determines of teachers' productivity in secondary schools Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State
2. To examine the relationship between personnel management and teachers job performance in secondary schools
3. To investigate on the factors affecting the adoption of personnel management in most schools in Katsina Local Government Area
4. To proffer solution to the above stated problems
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives. The specific research questions are stated below as follows:
1. What extent does teacher's personnel management operational framework determines of teachers' productivity in secondary schools Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State?
2. What is the relationship between personnel management and teachers job performance in secondary schools?
3. What are the factors affecting the adoption of personnel management in most schools in Katsina Local Government Area?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between personnel management and teachers job performance in secondary schools
H1: there is significant relationship between personnel management and teachers job performance in secondary schools
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of Personnel Management on teachers’ Job Performance will be of immense benefit to the entire Katsina Local Government Area as it will examine the relationship between personnel management and teachers job performance in secondary schools, the study will also discuss on the extent teacher's personnel management operational framework determines of teachers' productivity in secondary schools Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of Personnel Management on teachers’ Job Performance is limited to Government Area of Katsina State; the study will cover the extent teacher's personnel management operational framework determines of teachers' productivity in secondary schools Katsina Local Government Area of Katsina State
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERM
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT: is a traditional approach of managing people in the organization. Human resource management is a modern approach of managing people and their strengths in the organization
JOB PERFORMANCE: assesses whether a person performs a job well.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON LEARNER PARTICIPATION IN SCIENCE CLASSROOM IN PRESCHOOL IN KIINE ZONE KIRINYAGA COUNTY KENYA» ABSTRACT Participation involves working with a partner or in a small group and brainstorming in order to create a stimulating learning environment. Th...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON ACHIEVEMENT AND RETENTION OF BIOLOGY CONCEPTS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study investigated effects of instructional materials on the academic achievement and retention of SS 2 biology students in Delta State....Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF ADOLESCENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS: A CASE OF MANYATTA CONSTITUENCY, EMBU COUNTY» ABSTRACT The Kenya Vision 2030 identified education as a major component of the social pillar of the Kenyan economy. The issue of parenting styles has...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECTS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the effects of rewards and punishment on students academic performance in secondary schools in Eket Lo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Career choice has become a complex science with the advent of information technology, the emergen...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the relationship between teachers’ attitude to work and pupils’ academic achievement. ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTS OF QUALIFICATION OF ENGLISH TEACHERS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EXTERNAL EXAMINATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The quality of education is directly related to the quality of instruction in the classrooms. It ...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLEUNCE OF PRINCIPALS’LEADERSHIP STYLES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SAPELE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The wealth of a given country is principally determined by the human resources, available natural...Continue Reading »
9. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A)» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the problems and prospects of teaching of Christian Religious Studies in secondary schools with a p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Post marital education is a way of thinking and living that is adopted voluntarily on the basis of kn...Continue Reading »