Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The problems the average teenage or youth in secondary schools in Nigeria has reached an alarming rate thus leading to the urgent need for effective counseling to help guide and nurture these young minds to avoid been overwhelmed by these problems which may lead them to making costly mistakes for their future.
It has been very glaring that Guidance and Counseling which helps in the identification of teenage problems and rendering possible support were necessary has been lacking in our educational system especially in the secondary schools, until recently, this discipline has been grossly omitted in the system. Due to the absence of career guidance, many students have not got the proper skill to function effectively among her contemporaries. A good number of students have not been able to examine their potentialities and attempt to find career that will bring them job satisfaction; this may be attributed to either not Listening to a guidance counselor not receiving counsel at all. It is therefore imperative to expose students to various methods or ways of solving their problems, this cannot be over emphasized. It has been discovered that most schools do not have a functional guidance and counseling in solving teenage problems rather what exist is a miniature office occupied by teaching staff who offers skeletal guidance occasionally to students a wall as still teach his/her complete weekly periods, hence not having time for the guidance and counseling services.
In view of this schools are encouraged to have a solid and functional guidance and counseling program being headed by qualified counselor to meet the individual needs of the students.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The poor academic performance of the teenager in examinations in secondary schools should not be blamed on either the teaching pattern of the child’s lack of receptiveness to teaching it may have been caused by the enormous problems confronting the teenager which in most cases may not be noticed by teachers and thus these problems has adversely affected these youths in secondary schools and has made them join bad peers in other to confide in someone which most of the times has led to the increase of cultism, prostitution and other vices in secondary schools which has by extension led to the decline in the product of teenagers who graduate from the secondary school annually.
1.3. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine teenage problems in secondary schools in Niger state with the aim of rendering an effective counseling to eradicate if possible these problems faced by the teenager. Other specific objectives of the study include;
1. To examine the need for effective counseling in secondary schools.
2. To determine the impact of counseling services on teenage problems in secondary schools.
3. To recommend ways of improving counseling to teenagers in secondary schools
1.4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the problems of teenagers in secondary schools in Niger state?
2. What is the need for effective counseling in secondary schools?
3. What is the impact of counseling services on teenage problems in secondary schools?
4. What are the ways of improving counseling to teenagers in secondary schools?
1.5. RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant impact of counseling on the problems of teenagers in Niger state.
H1: there is a significant impact of counseling on the problems of teenagers in Niger state.
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be of immense importance to the leadership of secondary schools in Nigeria as it would reveal the need for adequate counseling services in our secondary schools in other to tackle the problems faced by teenagers. The study would also benefit students, researchers and scholars who are interested in developing a further study on the subject matter.
1.7. SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the survey of teenage problems in Niger state secondary schools and the need for counseling.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF EARLY MARRIAGE ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT OF CHILD IN EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Pregnancy at whatever stage in life can be a life changing experience that cuts across boundaries...Continue Reading »
3. ICT AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE: A STUDY IN SELECTED PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBO...» LIST OF TABLES Table 1: Pearson Product Moment Correlation of Mean and Standard Deviation showing the answers of the responses on computer influence o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is one of the main corner stones for economic development and improvement of human welf...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of the greatest threats to Education, social, economic, and political development of any nati...Continue Reading »
6. CONTRIBUTION OF SOCIAL STUDIES IN INCULCATING CITIZENSHIP VALUES IN JSS IN GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL ABUJA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the contribution of Social Studies education on the Citizenship values of JSS III students for citizenship development...Continue Reading »
7. THE INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOLS STUDENTS IN KANKE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relationship between school environment and school academic achievement has been a perplexing...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Job satisfaction describes the feelings attitudes or preference of individuals regarding work. It...Continue Reading »
9. PERCEIVED INFLUENCE OF GENDER AND STUDY HABIT ON EXAMINATION ANXIETY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The current standard of Education in Nigeria points to the fact that the educational system in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
10. A SURVEY OF STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN MECHANICAL CRAFT PRACTICE IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KATSINA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 background of the study 1.2 s...Continue Reading »