The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background of the Study
Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity of life on earth. The dependence of man and animal on water makes it a commodity whose viability and availability should be of concern to all.
Through a constant series of research and development it was suggested that ground water is among the purest forms of natural occurring water (Hellstrain, 2008). Therefore the utilization of ground water has become very pertinent, especially in areas where modern water purification schemes do not exist.
Underground water is tapped via hand dug well, canals and boreholes. Borehole involves the use of drilling rings to reach the water bearing strata, located several meters below the ground canals are cut along designated channels proven to have a lot of near surface underground water occurrences, canals are user mostly for agricultural purposes in Nigeria. Hand dug wells data back to the ancient days and has persisted to data as the most reliable and economic source of water for rural and metropolitan dwells (Stiles, 1998).
Community health, schemes in Nigeria has been enhanced by the provision of different hand pump delivered underground waters. Some communities have overhead tanks and the underground water are delivered to such tanks by submersible pumps. In all the cases both the bacteriological and chemical analysis are done and compared with world health organization standard, to declared the borehole, canal or dug well water safe for human consumption.
Boreholes are resistance to many form of natural and manmade disaster. Although the components above ground may be damage, the narrow opening at the top of the water source or damage to the pump components bellow the ground. The main exception to this is damage caused by earth quakes, which can be greats below ground than what can be seen on the surface.
Engineers and environmental consultants use the term borehole to collectively describe all the various types of holes drilled as part of a geotechnical of environmental site assessment (Ca So called phase 11 ESA) (Michael, 1968)
A borehole is a hydraulic structure which when properly designed and constructed, permits the economic withdrawal of water from an acquired. It is sometimes referred to as the accessing of groundwater for use in human day-to-day activities such as domestic use and small irrigation or agricultural lawn. A borehole is also defined as a narrow well drilled with machine, more costly to build them dug wells, but they and deeper and more reliable water from borehole is safer, since every boreholes is covered and nerds a pump, there is no direct user contact with the water. This includes holed advanced to collect soil samples, water samples or rock cores to advance in site sampling equipment or to install monitoring wells or piezometres.
Sample collected from boreholes are often tested in laboratory to chemical constituents or contaminants.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The past borehole has been damaged and is not longer supplying water. It has not been in use for the past three years. Most parts needs replacement and the chain transmission is corroded due to action rainfall on it. The department often experience water shortage due to emetic supply from the public water works. Therefore there is need to construct a new borehole to provide an alternative source of water to the department
1.3 Aims and Objective
The aim of the work is to construct a new modern operated borehole in agricultural and bio-environmental engineering department
i. Reconnaissance survey
ii. Geographic investigation
iii. Construction of borehole using hydraulic Rotary method
1.5 Significance of the Study
The borehole need to be constructed to ser as the major source of water to the department and also to other neighboring departments. It serves as an alternative water supply when there is shortage in pipe born water supply to the department. It would also serve as a water source to the lawn behind the department.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The project work is limited to the construction of a new standard borehole using hydraulic rotary method and its development for future use.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. QUESTIONNAIRE ON THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR PERFORMANCES OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SELECTED SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA METR...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is the best legacy a nation can give to her citizens. It is generally believed that the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 86 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE LEVEL OF THE KNOWLEDGE AND SOURCE OF INFORMATION ON SEXUAL TRANSMITTED INFECTION (STIS ) AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the level of knowledge and source information of sexual transmitted infection among secondary school s...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 170 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Since the beginning of humanity, man has sought to preserve memories through the creation of arti...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 188 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF RURAL-URBAN MIGRATION ON THE RURAL AREAS: A CASE STUDY OF ORA VILLAGE IN OWAN WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There have been rapid increase of youths movements from rural area to urban centres, no one is in dou...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 168 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. THE EFFECT OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is the best legacy parents can give to their children. The development of the nation st...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 75 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. INFLUENCE OF PEER GROUP ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Peer group can simply be said to be people of the same age and ability that is people who are knitted together by a feeling d...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 198 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. SKILLS NEEDED FOR IMPROVING IMPROVISATION SKILLS AMONG TEACHERS OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN KATSINA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is avai...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 110 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study One of the major problems confronting educational institutions especially secondary school in Nigeria...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 119 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Prior to the abolition of slave trade and slavery in the early 19th century, human beings were so...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 266 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» TABLE OF CONTENT Chapter one Introduction Background of the study Statement of problem Objective of the study Significance of the study Research quest...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 183 hits | Source: EDUCATION