Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity of life on earth. The dependence of man and animal on water makes it a commodity whose viability and availability should be of concern to all.
Through a constant series of research and development it was suggested that ground water is among the purest forms of natural occurring water (Hellstrain, 2008). Therefore the utilization of ground water has become very pertinent, especially in areas where modern water purification schemes do not exist.
Underground water is tapped via hand dug well, canals and boreholes. Borehole involves the use of drilling rings to reach the water bearing strata, located several meters below the ground canals are cut along designated channels proven to have a lot of near surface underground water occurrences, canals are user mostly for agricultural purposes in Nigeria. Hand dug wells data back to the ancient days and has persisted to data as the most reliable and economic source of water for rural and metropolitan dwells (Stiles, 1998).
Community health, schemes in Nigeria has been enhanced by the provision of different hand pump delivered underground waters. Some communities have overhead tanks and the underground water are delivered to such tanks by submersible pumps. In all the cases both the bacteriological and chemical analysis are done and compared with world health organization standard, to declared the borehole, canal or dug well water safe for human consumption.
Boreholes are resistance to many form of natural and manmade disaster. Although the components above ground may be damage, the narrow opening at the top of the water source or damage to the pump components bellow the ground. The main exception to this is damage caused by earth quakes, which can be greats below ground than what can be seen on the surface.
Engineers and environmental consultants use the term borehole to collectively describe all the various types of holes drilled as part of a geotechnical of environmental site assessment (Ca So called phase 11 ESA) (Michael, 1968)
A borehole is a hydraulic structure which when properly designed and constructed, permits the economic withdrawal of water from an acquired. It is sometimes referred to as the accessing of groundwater for use in human day-to-day activities such as domestic use and small irrigation or agricultural lawn. A borehole is also defined as a narrow well drilled with machine, more costly to build them dug wells, but they and deeper and more reliable water from borehole is safer, since every boreholes is covered and nerds a pump, there is no direct user contact with the water. This includes holed advanced to collect soil samples, water samples or rock cores to advance in site sampling equipment or to install monitoring wells or piezometres.
Sample collected from boreholes are often tested in laboratory to chemical constituents or contaminants.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The past borehole has been damaged and is not longer supplying water. It has not been in use for the past three years. Most parts needs replacement and the chain transmission is corroded due to action rainfall on it. The department often experience water shortage due to emetic supply from the public water works. Therefore there is need to construct a new borehole to provide an alternative source of water to the department
1.3 Aims and Objective
The aim of the work is to construct a new modern operated borehole in agricultural and bio-environmental engineering department
i. Reconnaissance survey
ii. Geographic investigation
iii. Construction of borehole using hydraulic Rotary method
1.5 Significance of the Study
The borehole need to be constructed to ser as the major source of water to the department and also to other neighboring departments. It serves as an alternative water supply when there is shortage in pipe born water supply to the department. It would also serve as a water source to the lawn behind the department.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The project work is limited to the construction of a new standard borehole using hydraulic rotary method and its development for future use.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ADMINISTRATORS SUPERVISORY SKILLS AND TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The importance of Administrators’ Supervisory stalls in Secondary School in Aba municipalit...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS AND STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy every important position in the educational system of any country because it is u...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the relationship between teachers’ attitude to work and pupils’ academic achievement. ...Continue Reading »
4. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DRUG ABUSE AND TONE OF DISCIPLINE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OWAN EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study From independence, the secondary school system of education in Nigeria experienced a high level of di...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Origin of English language: English language originated in the North Western Europe, going by the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to examine the availability and utilization of instructional materials in primary schools in Wamakko Local Governmen...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPORTANCE AND PROSPECTS OF TEACHING SEX EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An important but most undermined phenomenon that has ploughed the society for many years is sex educa...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF MODELS AND CHARTS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN BASIC SCIENCE IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The development of Basic Science and Technology as a subject area occurred in Nigeria in the late...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTIONPrimary education is the foundation a child requires in his or her educational pursuit. The quality of primary education a child get would...Continue Reading »