Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity of life on earth. The dependence of man and animal on water makes it a commodity whose viability and availability should be of concern to all.
Through a constant series of research and development it was suggested that ground water is among the purest forms of natural occurring water (Hellstrain, 2008). Therefore the utilization of ground water has become very pertinent, especially in areas where modern water purification schemes do not exist.
Underground water is tapped via hand dug well, canals and boreholes. Borehole involves the use of drilling rings to reach the water bearing strata, located several meters below the ground canals are cut along designated channels proven to have a lot of near surface underground water occurrences, canals are user mostly for agricultural purposes in Nigeria. Hand dug wells data back to the ancient days and has persisted to data as the most reliable and economic source of water for rural and metropolitan dwells (Stiles, 1998).
Community health, schemes in Nigeria has been enhanced by the provision of different hand pump delivered underground waters. Some communities have overhead tanks and the underground water are delivered to such tanks by submersible pumps. In all the cases both the bacteriological and chemical analysis are done and compared with world health organization standard, to declared the borehole, canal or dug well water safe for human consumption.
Boreholes are resistance to many form of natural and manmade disaster. Although the components above ground may be damage, the narrow opening at the top of the water source or damage to the pump components bellow the ground. The main exception to this is damage caused by earth quakes, which can be greats below ground than what can be seen on the surface.
Engineers and environmental consultants use the term borehole to collectively describe all the various types of holes drilled as part of a geotechnical of environmental site assessment (Ca So called phase 11 ESA) (Michael, 1968)
A borehole is a hydraulic structure which when properly designed and constructed, permits the economic withdrawal of water from an acquired. It is sometimes referred to as the accessing of groundwater for use in human day-to-day activities such as domestic use and small irrigation or agricultural lawn. A borehole is also defined as a narrow well drilled with machine, more costly to build them dug wells, but they and deeper and more reliable water from borehole is safer, since every boreholes is covered and nerds a pump, there is no direct user contact with the water. This includes holed advanced to collect soil samples, water samples or rock cores to advance in site sampling equipment or to install monitoring wells or piezometres.
Sample collected from boreholes are often tested in laboratory to chemical constituents or contaminants.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The past borehole has been damaged and is not longer supplying water. It has not been in use for the past three years. Most parts needs replacement and the chain transmission is corroded due to action rainfall on it. The department often experience water shortage due to emetic supply from the public water works. Therefore there is need to construct a new borehole to provide an alternative source of water to the department
1.3 Aims and Objective
The aim of the work is to construct a new modern operated borehole in agricultural and bio-environmental engineering department
i. Reconnaissance survey
ii. Geographic investigation
iii. Construction of borehole using hydraulic Rotary method
1.5 Significance of the Study
The borehole need to be constructed to ser as the major source of water to the department and also to other neighboring departments. It serves as an alternative water supply when there is shortage in pipe born water supply to the department. It would also serve as a water source to the lawn behind the department.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The project work is limited to the construction of a new standard borehole using hydraulic rotary method and its development for future use.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Qualitative education remains the fulcrum for global development and freedom. Therefore all hands must...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH TEACHING AND LEARNING OF MATHEMATICS: (A case study of Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State)» ABSTRACT The problems associated with teaching and learning mathematics is of great concern to mathematics educators and mathematicians. However in al...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF MOTHER TONGUE INTERFERENCE IN THE STUDY OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The topic of the study is the effects of mother tongue in the study of English language in secondary school in Enugu North Local Government A...Continue Reading »
4. CHALLENGES AND QUALITIES OF A GOOD TEACHER, A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN GBOKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The idea of good teacher for each individual is variable. Students´ perception, opinions an...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF SCHOOL DISCIPLINE ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA S...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Provision of quality education and training is the ultimate goal of any educational system. The succe...Continue Reading »
6. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research work is carried out to find out the causes of teenage pregnancy among secondary school students in Ovia North East local govern...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined those factors that existed between teachers job performance in Lagos State public secondary schools through a descriptive ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Family has been universally perceived as a small but powerful unit and the oldest institution in ...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF AVAILABILITY AND INTEGRATION OF ICT IN PRIMARY PUPILS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN IBEJU, LAGOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the study The use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in education and training has been a prior...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study School is one of the social institutions that is responsible for the development and training of ...Continue Reading »