Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The role of technology in teaching and learning is rapidly becoming one of the most important and widely discussed issues in contemporary education policy (Rosen and Well, 1995; and Thierer, 2000). Most experts in the field of education agree that, when properly used, Information Communication Technology holds great promises to improve teaching and learning in addition to shaping workforce opportunities. This has actually gingered a new and strong desire to equip schools with computer facilities and qualified personnel necessary to produce technologically proficient and efficient students’ in developed countries of the world. Computer can aid the instructional process and facilitate students’ learning.
In Nigeria, secondary school teachers are using technology in the classroom more frequently than ever before. According to the National School Boards Association, students who are exposed to a high volume of technology perform as well as expected on standardized test, however technology can potentially do students a disservice if used inappropriately. When teaching using technology, instructors must be aware of the potential hindrances technology can bring to the learning process. Some of these negative effects of technology in today's classroom are that it can take away valuable learning time, it can be overused, and it can also turn educational experiences into games for students.
Therefore, it is the intent of this study to identify the negative influences of Information Communication Technology on secondary schools and proffer possible solutions to this effects.
1.1 Purpose of Study
The general purpose of the study is to investigate the negative influences of ICT on Secondary School Students in Nigeria. While specifically, the purpose of the study is to;
· Identify the ICT gadgets available to secondary schools in Nigeria.
· Establish the negative uses to which students put ICT gadgets at their disposal.
· Identify the negative impacts of Information Communication Technology in selected secondary schools in Nigeria.
· Proffer possible solutions that will reduce the negative use and effect of Information Communication Technology on secondary student in Nigeria.
1.2 Research Questions
Four research questions have been posed to guide this study;
· What are the ICT gadgets available to secondary schools?
· What are the negative uses to which secondary school students put ICT gadgets at their disposal?
· What are the negative impacts the Information Communication Technology on secondary school students’?
· How can the negative influences of Information Communication Technology be reduced.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This study will be useful to several group of persons which include: parents, teachers and students. The study which aim at looking at the negative impact of ict in child education will help parents and teachers reduced the negative effect of ICT on children as they make use of it. It will also help student fully optimize the availability of ICT materials in schools.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The study aim at study thse negative impact of ICT on child education with particular reference to schools in Akwa Ibom state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE LANGUAGE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND SOME SELECTED PENTECOSTAL DENOMINATIONS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The major objective of language is communication but the manner in which language communicates appears to be interlinked ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Every organization that deals with people at work usually encounters some problems in the acquisi...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF ADOLESCENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS: A CASE OF MANYATTA CONSTITUENCY, EMBU COUNTY» ABSTRACT The Kenya Vision 2030 identified education as a major component of the social pillar of the Kenyan economy. The issue of parenting styles has...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF ICT ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS IN NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION MINNA» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to examine the effects of ICT on the academic achievement of Geography Students in Niger State College of ...Continue Reading »
5. AVAILABILITY OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR THE TEACHING OF BUSINESS STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study A teacher is effective only if the students learn more and learn with greater ease more particula...Continue Reading »
6. LEADERSHIP AND PROBLEMS OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: AN ASSESSMENT OF UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEMS AND MOVEMENT OF NIGERIA YOUTHS TO DEVELOP COUNTRIES OF THE WOR...» Abstract Leadership is the key to social upliftment, social stagnation and even social decay, but there is no such agreement as to which kind of leade...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF CLASS SIZE AND TEACHING METHOD ON ENGLISH STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE ( A CASE STUDY OF UYO LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of the teacher in imparting knowledge to learners in any educational system cannot be ov...Continue Reading »
8. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF E...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to find out the causes and effect of examination malpractice in secondary school, using some selected Se...Continue Reading »
9. IMPORTANCE OF INTRODUCING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE TEACHING OF GEOGRAPHY IN SECONDARY SCHOOL» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The purpose of teaching is primarily to assist the learner acquire the type of knowledge and skill that will ...Continue Reading »
10. AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME ON HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEM IN KWARA STATE» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to assess chemistry teachers’ knowledge of test construction procedures in chemistry objective test at se...Continue Reading »