Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Online school fees payment system is a research work that will help build an effective information management system for Osisa polytechnic in the bursary department. The designed software will serve as a more reliable and effective means of paying school fees and removing all forms of delay and stress that is involved in the manual system of school fees processing. This project work made use of data collected from the Polytechnic library, and journals. The aim of this project work is to achieve the following; to effectively and efficiently process students school fees payment and clearance, to provide a reliable and transparent system devoid of personal inclinations and interest and to provide borderless access to ensure prompt clearance. The implementation of the computer-based system was carried out using Dreamweaver software. The result obtained from this work was to design an efficient system that will help to enhance the payment system of school fees without any inch so as to give room for accuracy and transparency. In conclusion, the work met all the objectives intended. It is, however, recommended for use by all tertiary institutions.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Our savior Institute of Science Agriculture and Technology (OSISA TECH) Enugu is a private Polytechnic approved by the federal Government of Nigeria. It was officially opened on Jan 21, 1999 by the Federal minister for education, Prof . Oketi Ambrose. It is the second catholic Polytechnic founded by Rev. Fr. Prof E.M.P Edeh. The school is managed by the congregation of Sisters of Jesus the Savior, a religious congregation of nuns founded by him. The school operates the faculty system and presently has four faculties; Engineering, Environmental, Management and social sciences and natural science
In this polytechnic, there is need for automated method of keeping data, more so a greater need for an online school fees payment system. This would go a long way in alleviating the various problems and stress involved in the manual method of school fees payment and clearance in the institution. Moreover, the issue of delayed youth service as a result of inability to complete the tedious manual process of clearance which involves school fees clearance would be curtailed when this new system is implemented.
Hence it became imperative for an online school fees system to eliminate the shortcomings of the manual system in place.
These days every sector is known with the word-computer. We can find computers at everywhere around us. In fact modern world will be incomplete without computers and their applications. It’s almost impossible to even imagine the modern facilities without the use of computers. For many individuals computer means PC, on which they can see movies, play games, prepare office sheets and manage daily planners. But this is just a page of the book of computers.
Computer means much more than a PC. A computer can simply be defined as a machine which takes instructions and perform computations and operations accordingly. These commanded instructions are known as programs and computers execute these programs to do an operation. At a time, a set of instructions can be given to a computer to perform several operations, simultaneously. This feature is a point of distinction for the computers.
Many types of computers are available these days. Depending on their usage and service application they can be classified in various categories. Supercomputers are capable of doing trillions of calculations in fraction of seconds, so they are used as controlling units of banking transactions; to keep records of railway, in schools to monitor school fees payment system in the bursary department and air transportation; to conduct decent flow of telecommunication and many more complex operations can be controlled, organized and conducted by using supercomputers.
On the other hand computers are also used in conducting simple operations like billing, ticket transactions, record maintenance, security analysis etc. And even computers (PC) are also used to do home based general activities like office sheet maintenance, day planner, entertainment etc. So computers are involved in every sector of life with different forms and different applications.
In modern word everything around us like GPS, ATM machines, cell phones, petrol pumps, portable play stations and all other modern devices use computer controlling units to conduct their featured operations. This simply implies that, when this new mode of operation is implemented in the bursary department of Our Savior institute of Science, Agriculture and technology using computer the process will be efficient and free from error
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The processes of manual school fees for student in the polytechnic has resulted to a lot of problems which makes student not to write exams on time because of the slow rate of processing the school fess from the bursary department was done manually. And sometimes lead to the misplacement of the school fees tellers because of lack of adequate storage medium.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this project include:
i. To provide a reliable and transparent system devoid of personal inclinations and interest
ii. To provide borderless access
iii. To alleviate the problems and stress of traveling and queuing up of students during clearance in the bursary department due to manual process of school fees payment.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The project work will help in a good number of ways to ease the queuing system in the polytechnic as the online clearance and school fees payment system will help students to achieve what ever they want to achieve without coming to the various offices for clearance and fees.
The Online school fees system will allows the students to check their school fees status if they are in any way indebted to the school, fill and submit their school fees form, and obtain their clearance form for that semester.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to school fees payment and clearance system for the student of Our Savior Institute of Science Agriculture and technology. The software developed will be carried out using HTML, macro media fire, Dreamweaver and wamp server so as to manage both the database and at the same time make the software online.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Computer Network: Computer Network is a system that connects two or more computers together using a communication link. (Bufts 1989)
World Wide Web: World Wide Wed simply called www is the most important tool of the Internet. (Jeff 20010)
Clearance letter: Official certification of blamelessness, trustworthiness, or suitability for graduation and
issue of certificates in degree course. ( Gabreal 1990)
Databases: A systematically arranged collection of computer data,structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called database (Adoca 2001).
File Transfer: Any kind of computer file can be sent via the Internet from one Internet user to another. Table of accounts on spreadsheets, design by a graphic artists, music sound files etc, can all be exchanged in this way. (Smith 1999)
Web Browser:This is a special kind of software that processes hypertext make-up language (HTML) document. In other words, a web browser is a computer program that interprets HTML command to collect, arranged and display the parts of a web page. (Cleff 2000).
Web Site: A website is a collection of many interconnected web pages organized by a specific college, organization company etc,containing web pages (good and commodities) on the Internet.
Web site are stored on web servers. There are many web site and thousand of HTML pages on each web site. A web site is a treasure of information and entertainment. ( Donald 1986)
Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks are highlighted words and phrase you find on web
documents that you can click on as to jump to some other documents or Internet services. ( Clex 1990)
Offline: Disconnected from computer network; describes a computer terminal or peripheral device disconnected from a computer network. (Wikipedia 2011)
System: Set of computer components that is, an assembling of hardware,
software and peripherals functioning together. ( Fans 2011)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED HOTEL BUSINESS BILLING SYSTEM. (A CASE STUDY OF MODOTEL HOTEL LIMITED ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Hotel is defined by British law as a place where a bonafide traveller can receive food and shelter, provided he is in a p...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 61 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
2. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Career Guidance Information System» Abstract Computers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been give...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 63 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STOCK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR SUPERMARKET» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONIntroductionThe range of items and materials – stocks – which might be held in Stores is huge. The variety and quantity of ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 65 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED RESULT PROCESSING AND TRANSCRIPT GENERATING SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION A system is a collection of inter related and inter connected components that work together to perfo...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 213 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SIMPLE SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR» ABSTRACT This work was centered on the Design and implementation of a simple scientific calculator for education organization. The study traced calcul...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 55 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
6. THE IMPACT OF INTERNET USAGE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
7. Design And Implementation Of An Online Entrance Examination Administration System» Design And Implementation Of An On Line Entrance Examination Administration SystemABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 98 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
8. Design And Implementation Of An Online Prison Management System (A Case Study Of Nigeria Prison Service Enugu)» Abstract Prisoners’ management in Nigeria has long been a neglected area and has only recently been included in the 20 20 vision document under the ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 69 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ACADEMIC INFORMATION SYSTEM USING RELATIONAL DATABASE AND HTTP SERVER» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTIONThere is an outgrowing need for electronic accessories in a world where there is great necessity for speed, efficiency and...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 86 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF NYSC POSTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NYSC HEADQUATER ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a scheme organized to have fresh Nigeria graduates passed through a o...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 53 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT