Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
According Jantz (2001) the emergence of computer based information system has changed the world a great deal, both large and small system have adopted the new methodology by use of personal computer; to fulfill several roles in the production of information therefore computerizing the documentation of patient record to enable easier manipulation of the input process and output will bring us to this existing new world of information system. Patients records and disease pattern documentation is concerned with documentation of information obtained from patients and their particular health system in order to function properly. If this information is not documented perfectly causing some data to get misplaced, the health system will not be efficient.
According tang (2001) In examine the document system that in existence at the hospital that is mostly manual much importance has been placed on creating a system that document the inpatient record using a computerized database system with a secure procedure for accessing it. One of the unit of the std/aids control program (STD/HCP) a server doctor at consultant level who is assisted by 3 doctors, a secretary, 5 medical assistance 7 nurses trained consoles and part time statisticians and 2 laboratory technologists head of units. The various diseases managed at the unit include the following syphilis, virgin its, molluscus, scabies‟, pubic lice, gonorrhea, trichinosis, gentle mart etc.
Patient information past and present is extremely vital in the provision of patient‟s care which guides the physician in the making of right decision about the diagnosis. The rapid growth of information technology and system made to choose the health care industry to borrow a page from the air industry for the sake of patient‟s safety. Pilots have instant access to the data they need in whether condition and mechanical function to make information decision about navigation and delay.
The absence of a well established information system to serve patient and staff has led to inconveniences. This has tantamount to the loss of patient and staff records. This is basically because of the weakness of the existing system which includes over reliance on paper based work. Paper files consume a lot of the office space, slow recording, processing and retrieval of patient details. Accessing and sharing of information by different departments is difficult due to poor information management.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implement an information system for patients in a hospital. Specific objectives of the study are:
To develop a secure system that protects patient data and other vital information of the hospital.
To design and implement a patient information management system (PIMS)
DEFINITION OF OPERATIONAL TERMS
Hospital: is defined as the entity that provides the medical services to the patient in questioned at a given period of time which is basically curative and preventive and is offered in clinic unit x-ray/ ultra sound, laboratory and dental unit in the hospital.
Patient Record Management System: It is a system that can manage multiple administrators and can have the track of the right assigned to them. It makes sure that all the Administrators function with the system as per the rights assigned to them and they can get their work done in efficient manner. Medical Form: it refers to the medical document describing the patient initials, diagnoses and treatment of a particular patient in question that can be used for future reference incase of no improvement in the health condition of the patient hence changes can be carried out accordingly.
Consultations Fee: is the money paid by the patient in question at the receptionist desk before any medical attention.
Mennel, P.A (2006) “management information systems” information management vs. decision making. Loudon.
2. Ervin, J. R (2000) “Dynamic delivery of information via the world wide web” library Hi tech 18, 1:55-60.
3. Conte (1999) “information management systems in organizations” information management and technology: prentice hall.
4. Melogoza, P. and Gyeszly, S.D (2002) “Information overloads”.
collection building 21, 1:32-42. 6. Bapco, W. (2008) “information management breakdown” information management in organizations 7. Jantz, R. (2001) “Knowledge management in academic libraries: Special tools and processes to support information professionals‟ reference service services review 29, 1:33-39.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction An identity document is any document which may be used to verify aspects of a person’s personality. If...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED STUDENT COMPLAINT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The computer has become widely accepted as an assistant that is exceptionally competent and well defined. Now researchers hav...Continue Reading »
3. POLITICAL PARTIES CANDIDATE NOMINATION PARADIGM USING INTERVAL TYPE 2 FUZZY LOGIC AND FLOWER POLLINATION ALGORITHM» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction 1.1. Background of Study No global political trend has been more far reaching and profound like the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT As the strategic planner bogs is mind with trying to predict the future performance of some available variable qualitatively, at the mercy of...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEATHER FORECASTING PACKAGE FOR AVIATION INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF IMO AIRPORT (SAM MBAKWE AIRPORT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Every day, millions of weather – based economic decisions are made in transportation, agriculture, power, construction,...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE TEST/EXAMINATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UYO CITY POLYTECHNIC, NDUETONG OKU, UYO)» ABSTRACT The traditional approach to measuring a person’s level of knowledge in a topic has been the examination. These days, there is often mor...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computer data processing is of great importance in the modern world and increasingly computers are being applied to the s...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLMENETATION OF A COMPUTERISED BANKING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA)» ABSTRACT In this world of competitive resource application and technological development, the banks have been totally computerized. This project work ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the impact of computer in rural area. The total population for the study is 200 selected residents in selected communities i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION A car rental or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short period of time for a fee whether in a few hours...Continue Reading »