Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
According Jantz (2001) the emergence of computer based information system has changed the world a great deal, both large and small system have adopted the new methodology by use of personal computer; to fulfill several roles in the production of information therefore computerizing the documentation of patient record to enable easier manipulation of the input process and output will bring us to this existing new world of information system. Patients records and disease pattern documentation is concerned with documentation of information obtained from patients and their particular health system in order to function properly. If this information is not documented perfectly causing some data to get misplaced, the health system will not be efficient.
According tang (2001) In examine the document system that in existence at the hospital that is mostly manual much importance has been placed on creating a system that document the inpatient record using a computerized database system with a secure procedure for accessing it. One of the unit of the std/aids control program (STD/HCP) a server doctor at consultant level who is assisted by 3 doctors, a secretary, 5 medical assistance 7 nurses trained consoles and part time statisticians and 2 laboratory technologists head of units. The various diseases managed at the unit include the following syphilis, virgin its, molluscus, scabies‟, pubic lice, gonorrhea, trichinosis, gentle mart etc.
Patient information past and present is extremely vital in the provision of patient‟s care which guides the physician in the making of right decision about the diagnosis. The rapid growth of information technology and system made to choose the health care industry to borrow a page from the air industry for the sake of patient‟s safety. Pilots have instant access to the data they need in whether condition and mechanical function to make information decision about navigation and delay.
The absence of a well established information system to serve patient and staff has led to inconveniences. This has tantamount to the loss of patient and staff records. This is basically because of the weakness of the existing system which includes over reliance on paper based work. Paper files consume a lot of the office space, slow recording, processing and retrieval of patient details. Accessing and sharing of information by different departments is difficult due to poor information management.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implement an information system for patients in a hospital. Specific objectives of the study are:
To develop a secure system that protects patient data and other vital information of the hospital.
To design and implement a patient information management system (PIMS)
DEFINITION OF OPERATIONAL TERMS
Hospital: is defined as the entity that provides the medical services to the patient in questioned at a given period of time which is basically curative and preventive and is offered in clinic unit x-ray/ ultra sound, laboratory and dental unit in the hospital.
Patient Record Management System: It is a system that can manage multiple administrators and can have the track of the right assigned to them. It makes sure that all the Administrators function with the system as per the rights assigned to them and they can get their work done in efficient manner. Medical Form: it refers to the medical document describing the patient initials, diagnoses and treatment of a particular patient in question that can be used for future reference incase of no improvement in the health condition of the patient hence changes can be carried out accordingly.
Consultations Fee: is the money paid by the patient in question at the receptionist desk before any medical attention.
Mennel, P.A (2006) “management information systems” information management vs. decision making. Loudon.
2. Ervin, J. R (2000) “Dynamic delivery of information via the world wide web” library Hi tech 18, 1:55-60.
3. Conte (1999) “information management systems in organizations” information management and technology: prentice hall.
4. Melogoza, P. and Gyeszly, S.D (2002) “Information overloads”.
collection building 21, 1:32-42. 6. Bapco, W. (2008) “information management breakdown” information management in organizations 7. Jantz, R. (2001) “Knowledge management in academic libraries: Special tools and processes to support information professionals‟ reference service services review 29, 1:33-39.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE STUDY 1.0 INTRODUCTION The cheque clearing system is the means whereby bank exchange cheque drawn each others t...Continue Reading »
2. Design And Implementation Of E-learning Platforms For An Introduction To C++ Programming Language (a Case Study Of The Department Of Computer Science)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the studyLearning is one of the very vital human activities that require concentration blended with interactivi...Continue Reading »
3. Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Income Tax (A Case Study Of Board Of Internal Revenue Enugu)» AbstractThis project topic is going to be research to know how computer help in income tax appraisal for small business Operations. Like its mode of o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTDesign and implementation of Computerized record keeping system has become a big task and indeed a burden to many computer programmes, compute...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED SYSTEM FOR BORROWING AND RETURNING BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY (USING AMBROSE ALI UNIVERSITY AS THE CASE STUDY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The use of academic as a means of promoting learning in Nigeria has increased overtime. In this p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Various organizations need management for effective and efficient planning and operation of the syst...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STUDENT VERIFICATION SYSTEM FOR DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA (DELSU E-VERIFY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION A system, with numerous definitions can be literally seen in a computer way as a collection of the hardware and software comp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic media ...Continue Reading »
9. AN IMPROVED IMAGE STEGANOGRAPHY BASED ON LEAST SIGNIFICANT BIT MATCHING REVISITED (LSBMR) USING SOBEL EDGE DETECTION» ABSTRACT Image steganography is the science of hiding data for securing confidential communication and it is the most popular type of carrier to hold ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In 2000, Nigeria developed a policy on Information Technology (IT), with the aim of making Nigeria an IT adapted country i...Continue Reading »