Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background Of The Study
The role of information communication technology in the public sector it cannot be over emphasized function and types of corruption existing within the different public sector (the civil services, tertiary institution/examination bodies, the policy, the power holding company, the executive, Legislature and the judiciary in Nigeria government are found to vary from one sector to another existing information technology is pivotal in checkmating corruption (Edican and Emem 2008:12) beyond checkmating corruption information communication technology (ICT) are a potent force in enabling the public sector achieves effectiveness ICTS have became an indispensable means of reducing bureaucratic practice effectiveness (fufborg 2005:94) even developing nation are taking a cue from the developed ones and are promoting the government and other icts in public sector initiatives to improves the quality and responsiveness of the services they provides to their citizens. India, Brazil and Malaysia have been able to expand the reach and accessibility of their services and public infrastructure through ICT.
This has allowed their citizens to experience a faster and more transparent form of access to government services (Oke Bukola: 2003:9) however the Nigeria situation depicts a sharp contrast the country’s public sector is utterly conservative and has refused to open to new innovations (Okebukota: 2003:4) Buttressed this fact by stating “computer technology is not part of our public sector activities. Thus the traditional file and cabinet continue to dominate public sector administrative service” this situation is quite alarming considering the fact that an efficient public sector is a prerequisite for establishing effective governance.
In relation to the national population commission (NPC) in Imo State the imperativeness of ICT cannot be expunged figures from the (NPC) are used for planning and analysis the population in term of its size, composition and distribution.
According to Okeibunor (2001:2) without appropriate demography data base, planning for human beings would be problem and executive of the development project would be deficient as such the justification of their allocation is predicted on the accuracy of data from the national population commission in Imo State.
In this view of the foregoing it can be deduced that the NPC plays an intricate role in facilitating social and economic development for the Nigerian Nation.
As such, this research work is predicated on how ITC can be used to facilitate public sector efficiently with a special reference to the National population commission (NPC) in Imo State.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The mode of public sector activities world wide is metamorphosing. Contemporary government are mutating initiatives through which societal resources can be better managed, while the role of government in Scio-economic development can be fully optimized the problem of information communication technology in the public sector and strategies for ICT to perform well is not a simple means, it involves making use of ICT application and such technology is often subjected to errors.
1. The major problem is that, the use of computer access to internet and other tools of ICT are limited greatly in the urban areas, and the challenges faced by the ICT sector in the country include particularly the fact that the people in the rural areas are yet to know how to use the computer.
2. The national population commission in Imo State it has been stymied by administrative pathologies such as inefficiency, bureaucratic bottlenecks, outside information and data, poor services and ill-motivated staff (Okebukola: 2005:6) it is not uncommon to find that many public sector agencies including the NPC keep records in files and tucked away in filling cabinets where they accumulated dust many of these files are often eaten up by rodent and cockroaches thus, rendering them dom irretrievable.
A first deal of routine administrative work in public sector establishment is still done manually with the state and federal government little or no interest in embracing ICT. The appropriate application of ICT it can be used to reduce the number of inefficiencies in the process by allowing the files and data-sharing between the NPC indmo state and other government department, thereby contributing to the elimination of mistakes and manual procedures. The afore-mentioned, clearly stipulates the positive input ICT can contribute to be modern day activities of the national population commission in Imo State.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To determine if ICT aids public sector efficiency
2. To find out the level of ICT application in NPC in Imo State public sector with emphasis on the national population commission in Imo state.
3. To determine of there are any Scio-cultural factor that militate against the incorporation of ICT into the activities of the NPC in Imo State.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
To enable the researcher solve a problem his research work the following research question were formulated.
a) What role it has the information communication technology ICT played in the running of government activities effectively and efficiently.
b) What role does information communication technology played in national population commission in Imo State (NPC).
c) How does information communication technology enhanced development in a given nation.
d) How does information communication technology checkmate crimes and fraud in a Nation?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis will be tested.
Ho: information communication technology did not play a vital role in enhancing the smooth running of government and checkmating of fraud in public sector.
Hi: have initiated and implemented the modern technologies and strategies that will offer development opportunities to the Nation.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study show how ICT can empower the general public to actively participate in policy formulation and help ensure transparently use of public frauds finally, this study work would contribute to the limited indigenous literature on how ICT aided initiatives can be used to facilitate Nigerian public sector reforms.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study will focus on the role of ICT in public sectors administration using national population commission (NPC) in Imo state and the study also is concerns ICT and public.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG).» ABSTRACT The paper examines the design and implementation of an online assignment submission system. The challenges faced by students in meeting assig...Continue Reading »
2. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System (A Case Study Of Super Maritime Shipping Agency Lagos)» Abstract This project was out of the necessity to address the inherent problems encountered by members of staff of super maritime shipping Agency and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Ever since Postgres released the first object relational database system (ORDBMS) in 1986, ORDBMSs have been seen as the next...Continue Reading »
4. A DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED BIOMETRIC CLOCKING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY This part presents biometrics as the engineering used to measure and dissect individual attri...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DIGITAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF IBOM E-LIBRARY, OFF IBB WAY, UYO)» ABSTRACT As we adapt to the trend in information and communication technology which is affecting every sector of our economic life, our educational sy...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the great recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Every organization comprises of people, facilities and systems put in place to achieve specific objectives. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Tourism is the travel for recreation, leisure, religious, family business purposes, usually of a limi...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DATABASE SYSTEM FOR PATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Delta Hospital Onitsha)» ABSTRACTThe study was carried out to verify all the manual processes involved in patient management system and to seek for a way of automating the sys...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to counseling management system. It covers the introduction, theoretical...Continue Reading »