Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Manpower Training is very vital for any development of any Organization. Why some organizations take it very serious others take is very lightly. There is always a positive result on the part of any organization that takes up staff training and development very importantly. Any organization that fails to take it manpower training and development very necessary tends to encounter difficulties in attaining its objectives and would find it difficult to compete favourably. There are various training and development procedures that can be undertaken by organization (s). This study is about highlighting the fact that unless training and development of manpower is properly done, objectives will be very difficult to attain.
Manpower development therefore, becomes the end result of the application of power and though career development. In the public sector, employees anticipate equitable and adequate Manpower development training. One of the purpose of an organization is to permit the group of individuals to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
The study of Manpower development as in long time seen as a vital tool in enhancing employees morale which has it multiplying effect on organization’s productivity. The study of Manpower development as a tool for employees high morale towards Organizational efficiency and effectiveness has been embarked upon in attempt to access the extent to which organization especially the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) cherish and promote Manpower training and development in boosting employees morale towards organization’s output.
Therefore, the study would like to access: How far Manpower development planned with the mind of those at the top level management whenever they are planning strategies to introduce new concept to the administrative procedures with particular reference to Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC). In this development and recognition of the important of effective manpower development, the Federal Government of Nigeria inaugurated the National Manpower Planning Board on 18th October, 1992.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is to some extent a large government organization both in its recruitment of employees from all the departments, its system of operation as well as functions.
The need for effective planning and manpower development need not to be over emphasized if the organization must remain on such positions and be among the best organizations in the country.
Benefits from Manpower development have rarely been demonstrated. This is partly as few Boards and parastatals attempt to evaluate the result of training because sometimes employees are allowed to pursue careers that have no relevance to the organization major functions.
Many believe that evaluation is difficult and that everyone would like to advance his or her career thereby overwhelming the organizational training request.
These and other aspects of manpower development and their potential benefits to transaction and individual form the basis of this study.
1) Despite its important position in the state, why has the benefit from manpower development seldom demonstrate?
2) Is this as a result of poor evaluation of training by the police board?
3) Is training evaluation so difficult to create the individual career goals overwhelming the organization training request?
4) Is development used as a motivation to how the staff work efficiently towards industrial development or is it assume as move benefits to the staff?
5) Or is it the un – cooperative attitude of the implementation machinery?
Ukpanah emphasized and recognized the important rule of effective manpower planning and utilization in National Economic Development. The problem of manpower development planning is seen as a National problem of which KRPC is not an exception.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In the light of the problems already identified in 1.2 above, the study was undertaken with the following aims and objective.
a) To study the Manpower development system in order to appraise its adequacy as a form of employee morale booster.
b) To study the operation of Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC), with the aims of identifying the manpower utilization and development.
c) To find out whether development is for occupational competence or to help those who have served long on a particular job to change.
d) To find out the implication of the method used and its consequences on the job and how it affects the workers behaviour.
e) To identify means for evaluating the effectiveness of the development procedures.
f) To increase the level of awareness of the organization of the effects of efficiency on general productivity, performance, morale and the need for management to design adequate schemes for its employees.
Generally, to make recommendation to the management of Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company on the possible areas of improvement.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
H0: Manpower Training and Development have no significant effect on employees morale.
H1: Manpower Training and Development have significant effect on employees morale.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is specified on Manpower training and development as a tool measuring employees morale, which explains the inefficiency that characterized our public sector and corporations which also result into lack of commitment to work and waste of resources which are strongly needed to enhance social and economic development.
It is hoped there fore that this study would provide information on the remote and immediate course and possible solutions to the manpower development problems as they affect KRPC. This is also hoped that the finding of this study will contribute to existing knowledge and information on the area of research. It is also expected that the findings and recommendations of this study will guide KRPC to establish a formidable manpower development planning.
The study would also be useful to the people who always cry that the organization does not have effective manpower development programmes, so that they know its limitations and area of help to the workers for their support and recognition of their efforts to the organization.
Finally, this study will be useful to the students that may wish to write or make research on similar topics and using this as a point of reference to re – orient them towards their profession or future research or practical endeavour.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is limited to Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company, which is a subsidiary of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Within this, the study will only be concerned with KRPC as a government organization of the country established to ensure the development of the country and the state in particular.
The research scope within this case study does not include its general activities but the area of manpower training and development as a prominent tool of measuring employees morale.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Funds were in very short supply to the researcher and the researcher could not purchase some valuable print materials needed for this project at the time they were most needed. The expenses on transportation to KRPC are so enormous because of many occasions the researcher was not attended to and would have to leave without the information required.
Another constraint faced by the researcher was limited time for the completion of the project and engagement in other academic activities which occupied most of the researcher’s time.
The research was faced with some restrictions in the area of the case study; this is due to bureaucratic reasons in the administrative procedures in the Organization. It was not possible to get all the necessary information that would have helped in producing a comprehensive research work. The process of going through some records to get data was very tedious and formidable task as some materials needed are tagged “TOP SECRET”.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CASE STUDY (KRPC)
Since Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) is the main focus of this study, it is necessary to look at it more closely. The Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is a subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Company (Established in 1971 known as Nigerian National Oil Corporation [NNOC] by then).
The Federal government’s decision to construct the third NNPC refinery in Kaduna was taken along with that of Warri location as far back as 1974. The whole idea was to supplement the plant at Port – Harcourt and to discourage the wastage of foreign exchange used in the importation of petroleum products. KRPC thus was established for the purpose of refining crude oil into high value petroleum products and exportation of other related profitable business in cooperate interest of the organization and the whole nation in general. However, KRPC did not start operation until 1979.
The activities of KRPC are divided into refinery and petro-chemical units, with each unit leavings its own activities and producing different output from the other unit.
The KRPC undertakes the refining of the following products i.e. dual purpose kerosene (for domestic use) motor gasoline, base fuel, lube oil, waxes, surplus, Naphtha, black wax, asphalt, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and petrol.
PETRO – CHEMICAL (LABORATORY) PRODUCT
The following listed are petro-chemical products made at the KRPC Liner Alkene/Benzene Petro – Chemical plant, Kaduna.
1. Solvent (For End Users): Insecticides, plants, vanishes, degasses, mental cleansing, polishes for shoes, filer and furniture.
2. Benzene: Aromatic solvent paints and leagues, pharmaceutical industrial chemicals and Aviation Gasoline.
3. Tins and Drums: Are also manufactured and other users of tins and drums are containers of their products.
4. Heave Alkylate: Transformer oil, lubrication oil, Greases and Tremolo fluids.
The essence of this study is to see how manpower development can be a tool for the efficiency of the production of the above mentioned products through the effect it has on employees morale.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ON SALES VOLUME IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA LIMITED, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The subject (new product development) has influence the issue of sales which the researcher will like to assem...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES ON PRODUCTION PLANNING PROCESSES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Material Management is an integrated management approach to the planning, purchasing, warehousing...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF HUMAN RELATIONS ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY [A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INSTITUTE FOR TRYPANOSOMIASIS RESEARCH (NITR), KADUNA]» ABSTRACT The study was designed to find out the “Effect of Human Relations on Organizational Productivity in Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomia...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Advertisers are expected to shift and spend millions in internet advertising in the coming years than TV, print ads and other traditional adv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The need to enhance the effectiveness of the business organization lies in the heart of the manag...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to unravel stress factors among management executives in selected organization, in Oguta Local Government Area of I...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. Employer and employee relation refers to the communication that takes place between representati...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON PRODUCTIVITY IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY [COCA-COLA] KAD...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production Planning and control are terms that though commonly used have witness a lot of changes both in mean...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Small and medium scaled enterprises (SMEs) are no longer exempt from environmental conditions tha...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF PRICE ON THE CONSUMPTION OF FAST MOVING CONSUMER GOODS A CASE STUDY OF NIBBLES KITCHEN AND RESTAURANT KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Price is payment or compensation given by one party to another in return for goods or services. I...Continue Reading »