Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work assessed deposit money banks and the growth of small scale enterprise. The objectives of this study is to examine the efficiency of SMEs in accessing adequate credit from DMBs in Nigeria, to determine the potential of DMBs’ credit in fostering SME growth; identify the challenges faced by SMEs in accessing finance from DMBs in Nigeria. Data were collected through questionnaire distributed to respondents. Simple percentages were used in presenting data while the chi-squared (X2) statistical technique was used to test the hypothesis. The result revealed that all the sampled investors in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises sourced their funds from personal savings, money lenders, thrift associations, friends and family members while a few sourced part of their working capital from banks. Equally it was observed that the factors that prevent SMEs from borrowing from Deposit Money Banks include lack of collateral, high interest rate, competition from other business, too many bureaucratic processes, poor financial plan, inability to pay previous loans and others. The work recommended that the Nigeria government should recognize the importance of SMEs and attach priority to the development of SMEs by encouraging the deposit money banks to assist them with loans because they constitute a major tool in boosting employment in the country. Also, For the deposit money banks to be more efficient under this area, the loan departments of every money deposit banks should assess each SMEs on its own merit to determine its viability and grant direct credit to each on the basis of the project’s viability without sacrificing credit standard.
1.1 Background of the study
The role of commercial banks in the development of SMEs is vital to economic developmensts. It is acknowledged that the availability of financial capital is a pre-requisite for rapid development. Since efficient management of scarce resources are best facilitated by financial institutions (Myers, 1984). It therefore follows that banks have vital role. Things they do to small and medium scale enterprises among others by making their vast financial resources available for financial and promotes developments. The peculiar circumstance which characterized the situation of under-development which make this role more pertinent. Nigeria is characterized with low level per capital income (Kpelai, 2009). There are also disparities in the distribution of income as well as variations in savings propensities at different level of income. Quite often the relief from the handicaps is the best provided by banks.
The quest for economic development to ensure overall improvement in individual well-being of citizens has been the preoccupation of every nation. The process involves a number of approaches. One of these is the adoption of an industrialization strategy at a point in time relevant to the prevailing needs of development (Obiatyo, 2001). Developing countries are under much pressure in this regard because of their general peculiar features. Businesses, unlike people, are not created equally. There are some companies that would be missed if they ceased to exist, but life would go on. There are others whose collapse would cause vast sections of economies and societies to implode. Into this second category falls the deposit money bank. Deposit money banks are the most important savings mobilizing and financial resource allocation institutions. Consequently, their roles make them an important phenomenon and strong pillar in economic growth and development. (Uzonwanne, 2015)
Deposit money, banks which are also known as commercial banks, are financial institutions that provide services, such as accepting deposits, giving business loans and auto loans, mortgage lending, and basic investment products like savings accounts and certificates of activities deposit. According to mainstream theory, they act as financial intermediaries to channel savers’ money to firms and individuals who seek funding for their acts (Mambula, 2002). Their importance as a catalyst to economic growth and development is widely recognized by both monetary and development economists.
The Nigeria finance system is dominated by the banking sector, especially the deposit money banks which provides the foundation for the development of financial system (Mordi, 2002). Their credit component constitutes a major link between the monetary sector and the real sector of the Nigerian economy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Effective collective bargaining in an organization has been an important role for the human resou...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF CAPITAL BUDGETING AS A TOOL USED BY MANAGEMENT IN DECISION MAKING OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES WITH REGARDS TO 7UP BOTTLING COMPANIES OF N...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Capital budgeting is the process by which firms determine how to invest their capital. Included i...Continue Reading »
3. RECRUTMENT, SELECTION AND PLACEMENT PROCEDURES IN IMO STATE CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM (PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS)» ABSTRACT This project on “recruitment, selection and placement procedures (problems and prospects)” is an examination of the techniques, p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information technology is an area of managing and employing technology into production activities...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT ON JOB SATISFACTION IN FIRST BANK NIGERIA HOLDINGS (FBNH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The research is to assess the effect of change management on job satisfaction. Change is an effor...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Pages Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi List of Tables x Abstract ...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ON RESOURCE UTILIZATION IN ORGANIZATION (A Case Study of 7up Bottling Company Plc Kaduna)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is titled the Effect of Materials Management on resource Utilization in Organi...Continue Reading »
8. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF WORK ENVIRONMENT ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF CONSTRUCTION SKILLED WORKERS IN IMO STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT Management has a great effect on the job site performance of construction skilled workers. This paper discusses "An assessment of the impact ...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT ON ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION LO BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Conflict is an inevitable element of any labour management relationship. In work situation people ...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF STRATEGIC PLANNING ON BUSINESS GROWTH IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM WATER COMPANY LTD. UYO)» ABSTRACT This study is conducted to examine the Topic: Impact of Strategic Planning on Business Growth in Nigeria, A Case Study of Akwa Ibom Water Com...Continue Reading »