Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A multitude of companies today has already identified the need to create a loyal customer base and acknowledges that maintaining existing customers and extending business with them is significantly less expensive than acquiring new customers.
Customer loyalty gained importance when the classic marketing paradigm with its instrumental and transactional orientation proved unsuitable in the context of longer-term business relationships. Instead, the relationship marketing approach, which is specifically concerned with the study of relational ex-changes, gained importance within research, serving as a conceptual foundation for the majority of customer loyalty researchers.
The question of how loyalty develops has been subject to an abundance of research, leading to an expansive body of literature on loyalty determinants. The extant literature exploring different factors and their constituent effects on loyalty, however, reveals a strong focus on consumer goods and industrial equipment settings, while industrial services have received relatively little attention so far. In addition, the majority of articles incorporates merely a few potential determinants and thus fails to draw a comprehensive picture of the mechanisms of customer loyalty formation.
Just like other businesses, logistics service providers (LSPs) are faced with increasing competitive pressure that urges them to concentrate not only on operational business processes, but also on an efficient and effective customer management.
One way to meet this challenge of rapid growth and expansion, according to Langley et al. (2005) is to focus on establishing, maintaining, and developing relationships with customers.
An often proposed driver of logistics outsourcing is the need to develop and maintain competitive advantage, which customers of LSPs intend to achieve through concentrating on core competencies and re-engineering.
I also discover another important driver is the ongoing globalization, which several authors regard as the most important challenge that companies are facing.
Companies that outsource logistics activities increasingly try to consolidate the number of LSPs they use globally. Therefore, LSPs do not only have to devise sustainable growth strategies, but also have to develop intercultural management competencies, a challenge hardly addressed in LSP management literature. While intercultural management deals with the influence of culture on management styles in different countries, it is also arguable whether a one best way management paradigm is applicable even within national confines. LSPs’ customers are extremely diverse and similarly, relationships between LSPs and their customers can be expected to exhibit momentous differences. As such, it is a crucial management issue for LSPs to design their customer loyalty efforts in a manner that accounts for both cultural context and different relationship characteristics.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The high cost of service and customers’ dissatisfaction over product services have become factors affecting most Logistic Service Providers [LSP] in Nigeria. This study identifies how LSPs can improve their conventional approaches to quality service through customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
Most LSPs in Nigeria are lagging behind in respect of performance indicator. Inspite of the high cost of delivery, LSPs still delay deliveries due to poor logistics. This dissatisfy customers and inturn makes it difficult for them to be loyal to the company..
Hence this research work tends to examine the problems associated with DHL Nigeria and proffer suggestive solutions to these problems.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
As outlined in the preceding section, LSPs are confronted with diverse management challenges that result from continuous growth, globalization, and customer diversity. The aim of this study therefore is to identify determinants of customer loyalty in relationship to service rendered by LSPs with special reference to DHL Nigeria.
The objectives of this research work includes:
· Investigate study on customer level of satisfaction in towards DHL Express.
· To identify the loyalty of customer towards DHL Express.
· To measure the specific reasons for satisfaction and dissatisfaction in with DHL Express.
· Examine the interface of marketing and logistics at DHL Nigeria
· Examine the mechanisms underlying loyalty in the logistics outsourcing context at DHL.
· To identify the recommendations of DHL Express to others by existing loyal customers.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Research questions are meant to generate possible answers to different aspects of the research problem and they should be clearly stated such that they act as guides in identification, collection and analysis of relevant data. In order to achieve the purpose of this research study, the study will attempt to provide answers to the following research questions.
· Is there any relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers?
· Is there significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty?
· What is the effectiveness of quality service on customer satisfaction?
· Does efficient and effective competitive advantage affect customer interest?
· Does new service control development programmes have impact on customer satisfaction?
· Does service quality and customer satisfaction affect the growth and profitability which the organization achieves?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES
Hypothesis is a tentative answer to a research question. It is a conjectural statement about the relationships that exist between two or more variables which needs to be tested empirically before they can be accepted or rejected. In a research work, hypotheses are never proved or disproved, they are either supported (i.e. accepted) or rejected. To provide answer to the research questions arising from this study, the following hypotheses are postulated.
HO: There is no significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
H1: There is significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
HO: There is no relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
H1: There is relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is to ensure that Logistic Service Providers create better image for the customer. The study will help the Logistic of controlling their activities in respect to high quality service standard.
Hence, the service quality and customer satisfaction survey would give a comparison test to validate service performance measures with DHL Nigeria. This study will also be useful to students for further research, and other Logistic Service Providers as inducing factors to customer patronage and the importance of quality control in everyday activities.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Advertisers are expected to shift and spend millions in internet advertising in the coming years than TV, print ads and other traditional adv...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was a survey research aimed at finding out the impact of inventory management and the productivity level of manufacturing industri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research study was based on the relevant of corporate social responsibility (CSR) on organizational performance. The research work conce...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on challenges facing small scale hotel in Lagos. The total population for the study is 200 staff of selected hotel in Lagos. Th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Construction projects in Nigeria are worth Billions of Naira, it is of great importance that cons...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Working capital management involves not only the management of current assets but also the manage...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the role of commercial banks in Agricultural development in Nigeria, spanning from 1986 2010. The study used Ordinary Leas...Continue Reading »
8. THE CHANGING ROLES OF THE SECRETARY IN THE ICT ERA PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A Case Study of First Bank, Oceanic Bank and Intercontinental Bank Plc, ...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION On the early days the secretarial profession was limited to typing, writing and transcribing of shorthand only. But today...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN JULIUS BERGER NIGERIA PLC, UYO.» ABSTRACT The researcher examined the effect of organizational design on organizational performance in Julius Berger Plc, Uyo. The Objectives were to e...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of corporate governance has recently been given a great deal of attention in various na...Continue Reading »