Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
A multitude of companies today has already identified the need to create a loyal customer base and acknowledges that maintaining existing customers and extending business with them is significantly less expensive than acquiring new customers.
Customer loyalty gained importance when the classic marketing paradigm with its instrumental and transactional orientation proved unsuitable in the context of longer-term business relationships. Instead, the relationship marketing approach, which is specifically concerned with the study of relational ex-changes, gained importance within research, serving as a conceptual foundation for the majority of customer loyalty researchers.
The question of how loyalty develops has been subject to an abundance of research, leading to an expansive body of literature on loyalty determinants. The extant literature exploring different factors and their constituent effects on loyalty, however, reveals a strong focus on consumer goods and industrial equipment settings, while industrial services have received relatively little attention so far. In addition, the majority of articles incorporates merely a few potential determinants and thus fails to draw a comprehensive picture of the mechanisms of customer loyalty formation.
Just like other businesses, logistics service providers (LSPs) are faced with increasing competitive pressure that urges them to concentrate not only on operational business processes, but also on an efficient and effective customer management.
One way to meet this challenge of rapid growth and expansion, according to Langley et al. (2005) is to focus on establishing, maintaining, and developing relationships with customers.
An often proposed driver of logistics outsourcing is the need to develop and maintain competitive advantage, which customers of LSPs intend to achieve through concentrating on core competencies and re-engineering.
I also discover another important driver is the ongoing globalization, which several authors regard as the most important challenge that companies are facing.
Companies that outsource logistics activities increasingly try to consolidate the number of LSPs they use globally. Therefore, LSPs do not only have to devise sustainable growth strategies, but also have to develop intercultural management competencies, a challenge hardly addressed in LSP management literature. While intercultural management deals with the influence of culture on management styles in different countries, it is also arguable whether a one best way management paradigm is applicable even within national confines. LSPs’ customers are extremely diverse and similarly, relationships between LSPs and their customers can be expected to exhibit momentous differences. As such, it is a crucial management issue for LSPs to design their customer loyalty efforts in a manner that accounts for both cultural context and different relationship characteristics.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The high cost of service and customers’ dissatisfaction over product services have become factors affecting most Logistic Service Providers [LSP] in Nigeria. This study identifies how LSPs can improve their conventional approaches to quality service through customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
Most LSPs in Nigeria are lagging behind in respect of performance indicator. Inspite of the high cost of delivery, LSPs still delay deliveries due to poor logistics. This dissatisfy customers and inturn makes it difficult for them to be loyal to the company..
Hence this research work tends to examine the problems associated with DHL Nigeria and proffer suggestive solutions to these problems.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
As outlined in the preceding section, LSPs are confronted with diverse management challenges that result from continuous growth, globalization, and customer diversity. The aim of this study therefore is to identify determinants of customer loyalty in relationship to service rendered by LSPs with special reference to DHL Nigeria.
The objectives of this research work includes:
· Investigate study on customer level of satisfaction in towards DHL Express.
· To identify the loyalty of customer towards DHL Express.
· To measure the specific reasons for satisfaction and dissatisfaction in with DHL Express.
· Examine the interface of marketing and logistics at DHL Nigeria
· Examine the mechanisms underlying loyalty in the logistics outsourcing context at DHL.
· To identify the recommendations of DHL Express to others by existing loyal customers.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Research questions are meant to generate possible answers to different aspects of the research problem and they should be clearly stated such that they act as guides in identification, collection and analysis of relevant data. In order to achieve the purpose of this research study, the study will attempt to provide answers to the following research questions.
· Is there any relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers?
· Is there significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty?
· What is the effectiveness of quality service on customer satisfaction?
· Does efficient and effective competitive advantage affect customer interest?
· Does new service control development programmes have impact on customer satisfaction?
· Does service quality and customer satisfaction affect the growth and profitability which the organization achieves?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES
Hypothesis is a tentative answer to a research question. It is a conjectural statement about the relationships that exist between two or more variables which needs to be tested empirically before they can be accepted or rejected. In a research work, hypotheses are never proved or disproved, they are either supported (i.e. accepted) or rejected. To provide answer to the research questions arising from this study, the following hypotheses are postulated.
HO: There is no significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
H1: There is significant relationship between quality service delivery and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
HO: There is no relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
H1: There is relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty in Logistic Service Providers
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is to ensure that Logistic Service Providers create better image for the customer. The study will help the Logistic of controlling their activities in respect to high quality service standard.
Hence, the service quality and customer satisfaction survey would give a comparison test to validate service performance measures with DHL Nigeria. This study will also be useful to students for further research, and other Logistic Service Providers as inducing factors to customer patronage and the importance of quality control in everyday activities.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY History has shown that development can occur only when every member that constitutes the society participates in i...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS AFFECTING THE COMPETENCIES AND PROJECT DELIVERY OF SMALL SIZE INDIGENOUS CONSTRUCTION FIRMS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Building construction is the process of assembling materials to form a building; it is generally performe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Inventories constitute the most significant part of current events of a large majority of compani...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTIONMergers and acquisitions (M&As) have become a key part of manycorporate growth strategies, with diversification being the p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study. With the increasing number of world – class competitors domestically and abroad, organizat...Continue Reading »
6. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF RENTAL VARIATION IN RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF PORT HARCOURT 2004- 2014)» ABSTRACT This research has investigated in to a comparative analysis of rental variation in residential and commercial properties in Port Harcourt 200...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING AND ORGANISATION PRODUCTIVITY ( A CASE STUDY OF NESTLE NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study The concept of worker participation represents a popular theme in the analysis of the world of wor...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines risk management and Credit Administration in Union Bank Plc, Kaduna. The research questions that guided this study were: H...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Electronic procurement (e procurement) has been labelled as a tool that can improve competence an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the corporate governance and its impact on the performance of an organization (a case of MTN Mobile Communication Nigeria...Continue Reading »