Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (impact of social responsibility on the performance of organizations in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the complete project.
No one question has received attention by businesses, government, politicians and people in general in the past few years than probably the question of what the social responsibility of business should be. This question, though originally aimed at profit oriented business in now being posed to non-profit oriented business institution in the society; Universities, hospital governmental agencies, charitable organization etc. are all increasingly being confronted with similar demand and being attacked for not assuring responsibility for society’s ills and problems. As society awakens and become vocal with respect to the urgency of social problems is asking the managers of all kinds of organizations particularly those at the top as to what they are doing to discharge their social responsibility and why they are not doing more.
About decade ago, a broad movement probably of an evolutionary nature began in the utilized countries of the world. It is movement to take institutions particularly business institutions more responsive to human needs. The business firm is thus caught up in the stream of events as it is being pressed by public sentiment and legislative and regulatory action to respond to issue beyond its traditional task of producing and distributing goods and services at a profit.
Traditionally, managers of business enterprises have been asked by society to concentrate on using efficiently the resources at their disposal to produce goods and services that customers wanted at agreed prices, they were willing to pay, maximize profits. But today, businesses are being asked to contribute more to the quality of life.
In discussing and analyzing commercial Banks and social responsibility in Nigeria, the emphasis is not on what commercial bank should or might do to tackle and solve problems of society, rather than problems of their employees, shareholders and customers. The concept of social responsibility for social and political goals and that they became the keepers of society’s concern and not merely keepers of society’s financial resources. The emphasis is on the contributions banks can make to such social problems and social issues as support of education, health and medical care, support for disables and unemployed persons, than maintenance and restoration of the physical environment, improving public transportation and involvement in community development (e.g. borehole construction, children park, local market construction etc)
It is pertinent to point out that the, social demands on business have been and will continue to increase significantly and the role of business firms in the society.
The amount of attention give not the area of social responsibility by both management and society has increased in recent years and probably will continue to increase in the future.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 background of the study Nigeria is a federal state made up of three tiers of governments. Accordingly, the constitutional...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION AS A STRATEGY FOR ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA AND HAS CHOSEN OANDO NIGERIA PLC» ABSTRACT Merger and acquisition has been widely acclaimed by scholars and professionals in business as the most desirable and effective strategy to re...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON ORGANISATIONAL IMAGE (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the impact of social responsibility on organizational image. A case study of Cadbury Nig. Plc. The main objective of th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to ascertain the effects of microfinance on the development of entrepreneurship in Akwa Ibom State. A stratifie...Continue Reading »
5. THE PROSPECTS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN THE NIGERIA POWER SECTOR BY UMAR, TALATU RAIYA PG/M.» ABSTRACTThe dynamic nature of changes in the environment has made organisations, big orsmall the world over, to turn to “quality” to help them cop...Continue Reading »
6. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR MINIMIZING INDUSTRIAL CONFLICT (A STUDY OF NIGERIA PORT AUTHORITY CALABAR)» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to investigate Human Resource management as a tool for minimizing industrial conflict with particular reference to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study It is a fact in materials management that continuity in production or provision of services on con...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Road Transportation is a necessary end right from early history. The mobility of people and mater...Continue Reading »
9. PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT IN BREWERY INDUSTRIES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production is the creation of goods and services, the goods and services can be produced in facto...Continue Reading »
10. MINIMIZING DEFECTIVE PRODUCT THROUGH EFFECTIVE PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL IN DEFENCE INDUSTRIES CORPORATION OF NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study 1...Continue Reading »