Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (impact of social responsibility on the performance of organizations in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the complete project.
No one question has received attention by businesses, government, politicians and people in general in the past few years than probably the question of what the social responsibility of business should be. This question, though originally aimed at profit oriented business in now being posed to non-profit oriented business institution in the society; Universities, hospital governmental agencies, charitable organization etc. are all increasingly being confronted with similar demand and being attacked for not assuring responsibility for society’s ills and problems. As society awakens and become vocal with respect to the urgency of social problems is asking the managers of all kinds of organizations particularly those at the top as to what they are doing to discharge their social responsibility and why they are not doing more.
About decade ago, a broad movement probably of an evolutionary nature began in the utilized countries of the world. It is movement to take institutions particularly business institutions more responsive to human needs. The business firm is thus caught up in the stream of events as it is being pressed by public sentiment and legislative and regulatory action to respond to issue beyond its traditional task of producing and distributing goods and services at a profit.
Traditionally, managers of business enterprises have been asked by society to concentrate on using efficiently the resources at their disposal to produce goods and services that customers wanted at agreed prices, they were willing to pay, maximize profits. But today, businesses are being asked to contribute more to the quality of life.
In discussing and analyzing commercial Banks and social responsibility in Nigeria, the emphasis is not on what commercial bank should or might do to tackle and solve problems of society, rather than problems of their employees, shareholders and customers. The concept of social responsibility for social and political goals and that they became the keepers of society’s concern and not merely keepers of society’s financial resources. The emphasis is on the contributions banks can make to such social problems and social issues as support of education, health and medical care, support for disables and unemployed persons, than maintenance and restoration of the physical environment, improving public transportation and involvement in community development (e.g. borehole construction, children park, local market construction etc)
It is pertinent to point out that the, social demands on business have been and will continue to increase significantly and the role of business firms in the society.
The amount of attention give not the area of social responsibility by both management and society has increased in recent years and probably will continue to increase in the future.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEM ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF SIBA WATER COMPANY, IKOT EKPENE...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of contents vi List of tables and Figures ix Ab...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Small scale industries have been in existence since time immemorial. They are earliest form of bu...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON EMPLOYEES’ PERFORMANCE IN GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS (A STUDY OF EBONYI STATE MINISTRY OF FINANCE, ABAKALIKI).» Abstract The study examined the influence of leadership style on employees’ performance in government establishments; with particular reference ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The A few years ago the concept of training and employee development was very equally understood ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Employee motivation has always been a central problem for managers. Organizational Unmotivated employees are likely to sp...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE ON FIRMS PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERY, FOOD AND BREVERAGES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Problem Capital structure has a crucial role to play on determining company’s financial performan...Continue Reading »
7. Trade Unionism And It’s Impact On Workers Welfare In Nigeria Trade Unionism And Organisational Effectiveness (A Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc, Lagos)» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by the unseemly variety of problems faced by an average Nigerian worker and the fundamental question as the level and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The place and value of manpower planning as a resource for organizational productivity and success cannot be o...Continue Reading »
» 1 INTRODUCTION “One possible reason why HRM has a limited impact on employee well being is that the rate of adoption of more advanced or progres...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to determine the impact of business policy on organizational performance. Data were collected from primary and secon...Continue Reading »