Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examines the effect of labour turnover on organizational performance using Kaduna State Water Board as a case study. The population consisted of staff of Kaduna State Water Board headquarters with a population of 100. The entire population was used as the sample size. A questionnaire designed in five likert scale constitute the instrument of data collection. The data obtained were analyzed using mean (x) scores. The analysis indicated that labour turnover in Kaduna State Water Board arise from the agitation for better pay as well as condition of service, industrial disharmony, lack of effective team work, relocation and constraint arising form illness of an employee. It was recommended among other things that incentives to motivate employee must be put in place to enhance efficiency and dedication to duty as well as facilitate the retention of staff and discourage them from deflecting from their organization.
1.1 Background of the Study
In all economic activities human effort is the key. It is the human knowledge transferred into activity that give utilizes or value to all commodities. And that means who cultivates and whether he uses a hoe or tractor. It is the same who saws, weeds, processes, store and sells. It is also man who extracts iron ore, processes it into steel.
It postulates that who invents, designs, makes and operates machines is man who creates, transmits and seeks knowledge etc. thus, every human endeavour here one earth has man’s finger print. Thus without human effort which is considered vital for production so many managerial effort would been proved abortive. This effort also is usually called labour.
Labour is the most important resources in organization. This is why labour is define as human effort both mental and physical assertion legitimately applied in production of goods and services so as to satisfy human needs for a reward known as wages and salaries.
In this sense, labour include all labour, semi skilled labour and unskilled which all gear towards the production of goods and services to earn a living through their wages and salaries.
Statement of the Problem
The problem of labour turnover attract a reasonable percentage of attention in an organization because labour represent the life wire of any organization. The rate at which employee have organization is alarming, the types and number of works who are terminated or resigning their various jobs show how effective and efficient is the management in its operation which also determined the level of stability, growth and development of the organization. Although, in some organizations, there, is extent to which mobility of workers is considered acceptable.
Objectives of the Study
Purposively, this project is to be educate whoever is concerned in its significance of the study on the following objectives:
i) To examine the effects of labour turnover on the performance of Kaduna State Water Board.
ii) To enumerate the problems of labour turnover and how it can be minimized in Kaduna State Water Board.
iii) To examine the major causes of labour turnover in an organization using Kaduna State Water Board as a case study.
Significance of the Study
The study would be of significance to the Kaduna State Water Board in identifying the problems and causes of labour turnover. This study is expected to provide solution the research work is of benefit to the body of knowledge students and other researchers. Other organizations that have similar problems can also benefit from the research work.
What are the effects of labour turnover on the performance of Kaduna State Water Board?
What are the problems of labour turnover and how can it be minimized in Kaduna State Water Board?
What are the major causes of labour turnover in Kaduna State Water Board?
Scope of the Study
The extent of this research covers all concept, the causes, problems, effects and the measures to be taken to tackle the problem of labour turnover that deserves to be minimized. This study will be restricted to the effects of labour turnover on organizational performance in Nigeria.
Limitation of the Study
This research is not lastly due to some proposition for any organization. He classified cost of turnover into direct and indirect cost.
This is the cost that associated with the costs of replacing the employees and training the newly hired such as costs of communicating the vacant position cost of administering the recruitment function, cost of screening the applicant interviewing the candidates, administering selection tools tests, meeting hr candidate, concluding background investigation, cost of preparing new employee training materials, conducting training session, giving on the job training and the costs of separating former employee from the firm such as administering paper work/meeting, conducting exit interview paying several pay/packaged, vacation time etc.
Turnover also brings with indirect cost especially when the employees who are leaving were liked by the organizations client, customer loyally may be affected. Again, as the new employees learn their jobs, the quality of the product and service may suffer.
Michael Armstrong, human resources practice page 381 enumerated the following as cost of labour turnover, leaving cost, direct cost of replacement opportunity cost of time spent, direct cost of introducing replacement, loss of input.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study An effective employee is one of the biggest challenges for most entrepreneurs. According to them,...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF STAFF TRAINING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF CIVIL SERVANTS A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT The project “effect of Training on the performance of Civil Servants was an attempt to make contribution to the ongoing debate on the N...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF POOR REVENUE GENERATION ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL COMMUNITIES (A CASE STUDY OF IKONO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT Revenue generation is the nucleus and the path to modern development. Thus, the study was to assess the impact of poor revenue generation on ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research study is concerned with the effect of store design on materials handling a case study of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN...Continue Reading »
5. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» ABSTRACT This research was on Performance Appraisal as a Managerial Tool for Employee Performance (A study of University of Uyo, Uyo). The objectives ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As it will be practically impossible to talk of a building without a foundation, so also it will ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Employee motivation is one of the most essential parts in a company’s development and ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examined entrepreneurship and economic development in south south Nigeria. Entrepreneurship variables identified and studied by the...Continue Reading »
9. AN APPRAISAL OF THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMES) IN IKOT EKPENE L.G.A.» ABSTRACT Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) development has continued to be popular in the business world. The economic conditions of Ikot Ekpe...Continue Reading »
10. SOURCING DECISION AND ITS EFFECTS ON MATERIAL AVAILABILITY IN 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA PLANT» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Supplier selection is a procurement planning activity which allows managers to search for and find credible so...Continue Reading »