Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In a changing economy dealing with an individual employee is more difficult than any time in recent memory. Work life balance impact both individual personal and work life. A healthy lifestyle is one where we spread our vitality and endeavors between key areas of significance. Work life adjustments has turned out to be vital and fundamental for all classifications of employees, incorporating those employees in teaching position. This paper investigated the effect of work life balance on work productivity and hierarchical responsibility among teaching employees of university of port Harcourt and river state university. A sample of 171 workers assembled by means of stratified random sampling which has been given the premise to examination. Information was gathered through survey and examined through SPSS. The correlation result demonstrates that significant positive relationship exists between work life balance and employees productivity of university teachers. So our hypothesis H1 is accepted. The Pearson correlation results also indicate that there is positive relationship exists between work life balance and organizational commitment of university teachers. So our hypothesis H2 is also accepted.
BACKGROUND TO STUDY
The place of work has been redefined owing to economic conditions and increasing social demands. Originally, work was taken up for purposes of survival and necessity. However the role of work has evolved and its composition has significantly changed. Nonetheless, today’s society still sees work as a necessary element for sustaining life’s demands; it is also expected to constitute a source of personal satisfaction to the worker. One of the approaches to aid the achievement of personal satisfaction and professional goals for workers, therefore, is the entrenchment of work-life initiatives and policies by employers of labour (Greenhaus and Powell, 2006).
Thus, the value of the employees in ensuring successful implementation of organizations corporate goals have informed a lot of keen studies to be carried out in academia and on human resource management issues, which include work-life balance (Wright and Boswell 2002).
Work life balance definition includes three important themes. These include the need for employees to achieve an acceptable balance between work and family lives, a need for employer to facilitate their employees by providing programs and provide flexibility to the employees (H.De cieri). In work life balance state an individual manage conflict between different demands on his or her time and energy in a way that satisfy his or her need for well being.
Organization encouraging work life balance is a way to attract and retain employees who support the well being of the organization. Work life imbalance has negative results for effective functioning of organization (Raj.R, 2013). Job productivity from productivity is a reward that an employee aimed as a result of productive activity apart from his income. So organization should consider this variable to satisfy employees to retain their best workers (Noraani Mustapha, 2013). Employee’s satisfaction towards organizational policies leads to greater organizational productivity as a result of employee performance. (Shagufta Sarwar, 2013) There is positive relationship between rewards and employees job productivity.
However Just a few studies have been directed to the above salient issues in education sector in Nigeria(Akanji, 2012; Igbinomwanhia, Iyayi and Iyayi, 2012; Ojo, Salau and Falola, 2014; Ojo,Falola and Mordi, 2014; Adisa; Mordi and Mordi, 2014). It has been observed that most of these articles chiefly investigated the impact of individual components of the work-life initiatives, and ignored the multiple initiatives. In order to achieve an effective work- life balance in the Nigerian education sector, it is imperative that organizations give attention to the promotion of comprehensive as against individual and isolated initiatives. In organizations and homes, the issue of work-life balance is rising to the top of many employers’ and employees’ consciousness.
Therefore, instituting a family friendly work environment in the education sector becomes critical and pivotal to the realization of employee loyalty, job productivity and productivity and reduced turnover intention.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Companies that have implemented the work life balances programs recognize that employee welfare affects the bottom line of the business. In today’s competitive world, organizations are spending lot of time and money on employee satisfaction in an effort to improve productivity, and also to help the organization needs (Bhatnagar, 2002). The existing literature demonstrates number of studies that have addressed the importance of work life balance, job productivity and organizational commitment for the organization as well as for the individuals in private organization. However limited study exist that examined the impact of work life balance on job productivity and organizational commitment among employees of educational sector specifically tertiary institutions.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
In view of the above mentioned problem, the broad objective of the study is to determine the impact of work life balance on productivity in tertiary institutions. Specifically the study objectives are:
Ø To determine if there is a positive relationship between work life balance and employees productivity in tertiary institutions
Ø To determine if there is a positive relationship between work life balance and organizational commitment of employees in tertiary institutions
The research questions to guide this study are:
1. Is there is a positive relationship between work life balance and employees productivity in tertiary institutions?
2. Is there a positive relationship between work life balance and organizational commitment of employees in tertiary institutions?
From the research question the following hypotheses were generated:
H1: there is a positive relationship between work life balance and employees productivity in tertiary institutions?
H2: there is a positive relationship between work life balance and organizational commitment of employees in tertiary institutions?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study on completion will help the managers and administrators of the tertiary institutions to understand the importance of effective implementation of work life balance policies. Understanding the relationship between employee job productivity, work life balance and organizational commitment is beneficial for administrators of tertiary institutions, researchers and also for the students.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study looks at the relationship between work life balance and employee productivity in tertiary institutions in Nigeria using university of port Harcourt and river state university as case study. The study covers ony the teaching staff of these institutions.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyLife is a set of pursuits. No one can achieve a fulfilling and promising life without family, health...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROCEDURES AND WAYS OF PAYMENT OF PENSION AND GRATITUITY TO RETIRE CIVIL SERVANT IN ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The administration of pension scheme is not a contemporary phenomenal or practice. Memorably, it ...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF THE CAUSES OF PROJECT DELAY AND ABANDONMENT IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE, A CASE STUDY OF ABUJA» Abstract This research work focused on the tangible dimension of public service projects that resulted in the execution of physical projects which bri...Continue Reading »
4. THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In both developed and developing countries, the small scale industry is seen as the vehicle for r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO PROBLEM Small and medium enterprises are believed to be the engine room for the development of any economy,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Infrastructure is defined as part of a structure; material or economic base of a society or an or...Continue Reading »
7. RISK MANAGEMENT IN SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED ENTERPRISES IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Risk management is the act of mitigating the risk elements in the small and medium scale businesses most of these businesses often go out of ...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDG’S) ON THE STANDARD OF LIVING OF RURAL DWELLERS IN LERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In order to address the problem of poverty and promote sustainable development, the Unified Natio...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSOCIATION OF BRAND EQUITY AND CORPORATE PERFROMMANCE OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, IN NIGERIA» SECTION ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, brand equity and corporate performance have in recent years become popular topical issue in both dev...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTNigeria is blessed with natural resources, and oil and gas are some of them. The country earns most of its external revenue from exporting the...Continue Reading »