Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Promotion is the systematic design and communication of product(s) ideas, knowledge and attributes to identified market segment with a view to eliciting customer response through the use of appropriate communication medium and technology.
is the elixir to organization success. When organizational leaders are able to
create or develop a product for an identified market, what remains is to
properly promote both the organizational products and image to the favourable
attention of its publics, customers, shareholders creditors etc.
The essence and importance of promotion on marketing communications in the marketing task is too crucial that it often dictate the success or failure of products/service engaging in promotional activities. Marketing communications involves setting objectives and goals to bring about awareness creation, information dissemination and persuasion of market segment to respond and buy products. Managerially promotion activities involved using the system approach to plan organize, coordinates advertising programmes and other promotional efforts.
management has become so systematic in the 21st century to the extent that the
marketing effort has been broken down into sub-systems, thus we now have advert
managers, public relations (PR) experts, publicity experts, copy writers,
digital graphic illustration and even outdoor digital mega screen
Promotion not only serves to inform but also serves to delight the customer through mind blowing, promo-campaigns and satisfaction creation. Promotion is important to people, organizations and society because it helps oil the wheel of economic growth and development. Promotion of goods and services helps to bridge the gap between the manufacturer of products and consumers of such products and services. Promotion helps to communicate the product knowledge and product availability to seekers of goods and services. Promotion creates efficiency channel effectiveness as middle-men strive to achieve better distribution systems, creation of assortments and delivery of superior services down the chain. Promotional activities has helped the organizations to become more competitive, by developing better products and superior service delivery techniques in their struggle to increased/retain their market shares.
1.2. STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The basic problem for research is to justify the effectiveness or impact of advertising to adopt make sales especially during the introductory stage and why is it that during introductory stage of the product life cycle a new product dies not reaching the growth or maturity stage. What method(s) of advertising are to and whether those methods are actually effective enough to achieve the desired goals.
Over the years, many organizations in Nigeria seem to believe that once goods or services are produced; there is ready market for such goods and services. As they do not seem to recognize or appreciate the place or role of advertising towards achievement of their organizational profit or sales objectives.
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
In the kind of adventure, there must be a study to ascertain its success. If that is a general and acceptance principle the researcher also has some reasons in going into the study under consideration. In view of fact, this study is carried to achieve the following objectives.
1. To examine the effect of promotional tools on organizational performance
2. To access the degree of the effect of promotion on organizational growth and profitability
3. To recommend ways of improving organizational performance through promotion.
1.4. SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This project will be of importance to the (NASCO)company limited in adopting a more effective way of advertising to take care of uncertainly in the future which is likely to occur in the industry especially in marketing new product entrance. The finding of the study will also be of immense benefit to other companies who may wish to carry out further research work on how advertising can be used when a new product is introduce into the market. The finding will be useful to the marketing department of Kaduna polytechnic who may be interested in researching further into advertising new product or services in Nigeria and final year student in particular who will graduate and go into business word to face problem in the advertising system of the organizations, the student may find themselves.
1.5. SCOPE OF STUDY
The study is restricted to the examination of the effect of promotional tools on organizational performance using Nasco companies as the case study
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the research is limited by factors inherent in our environment such as finance, time and attitude of respondents. The limitation encountered in the course of the investigation are listed below.
It is evidently clear that things are very difficult in Nigeria these days. This problem becomes more apparent due to the high cost of transportation, a considerable increase in price of writing, typing and binding material at the time of writing this project due to the devaluation of Naira.
The researcher had struggle in between lecture period and data collection. As a result of this, some places which were to be visited were abandoned.
The attitude of some consumers or customers who could not ,fill the questionnaire correctly and even some did not return the questionnaire at all. Also attitude of the administrative marketing manager of NASCO towards answering questions. There was the suspicion that information revealed could be used to the detriment of the company, or could be revealed to competitors despite the assurance from the researcher that all information provided will be treated with utmost secrecy.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
For the purpose of this study the following hypothesis have been formulated
H0: Promotional tools do not have an effect on organizational performance.
H1: Promotional tools have an effect on organizational performance.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Marketing: is the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customers’ requirement profitable.
Product. Product is anything that can be offered to market for attention, acquisition or consumption, it includes physical objects, services, personalities, places, organization and ideas.
Promotional tool: is are the various methods of proportion that a company can adopt; Such as advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, public relations and publicity.
Advertising this is a form of paid public announcement intended to promote the sale of commodity or services or to bring about some other effects desired by adviser. It is essentially a form of communication through such diverse media as handbills, newspapers, letters and radio television broadcast.
Market share is a firm percentage of the industry’s total sales.
Invocation a new approach or concept in the, production cycle frequency involving the use of invention practiced task.
Personal selling: The process of making oral commercial representation during buying or selling interview or services.
Marketing strategy: This is the marketing logic by which the business units expect to achieve the marketing objectives.
Sales promotion: It has been destined as a short term incentive to encourage purchase or sales of product or services.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Impulse buying behaviour has received considerable attention from marketing practitioners and has been studied extensively from different dim...Continue Reading »
2. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study tilted the critical appraisal of the role of NBC in controlling the performance of the broadcast station in Nigeria. Total questio...Continue Reading »
3. A CRITICAL STUDY ON WORK-LIFE BALANCE AND ITS EFFECTS ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MERCHANT BANK- KORIDUA BRANCH)» ABSTRACT Work Life Balance is increasing interest in academic literature, legislation and public sector. It is meaningful daily achievement and enjoym...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF THE ROLE OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN PROMOTING BUSINESS ACITIVITIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The focus on economic development has shifted in recent years from public sector led economic dev...Continue Reading »
5. MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» ...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDG’S) ON THE STANDARD OF LIVING OF RURAL DWELLERS IN LERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In order to address the problem of poverty and promote sustainable development, the Unified Natio...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF STRATEGIC PLANNING ON ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC, OZORO, DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY over the years, organization have witnessed a lot of turbulence due to the lack of a properly designed star th...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project work is primarily covered with Leadership Style and their impact on employee productivity. A case study of Total Company Kachia ...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED COMPANIES IN U...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good o...Continue Reading »
10. THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF PRODUCTIVITY IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Conflict in an organization is a state of discord by the actual and opposing power which arise fr...Continue Reading »