Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER I: Introduction
1.1 Background of the Study
It is a fact in materials management that continuity in production or provision of services on constant flow of required inventory. However, the question confronting the materials management remain, how much shall be ordered when the quality available is less than required to meet production demand or the quantity is less than order point and how best to plan and control the quantity of inventory needed at a given time.
The focus of the materials manager is to reduce the two extreme ends of the spectrum, that is excessive (surplus) stock and adequate stock (stockout). The level of stock or inventory to be purchased or carried by an organization will depend on a number of issue, such as level of consumption, bulk purchase, discount, reliable, delivery dates, difficulty in matching supply with demand, speculation (availability or scarcity) and the company’s policy it is this prevailing dynamic circumstance that gives rise to the need for inventory planning for product availability. Inventory planning however, an enormous task that requires an astute combination of intelligence of what is actually happening to demand and that of what we expect to happen (forecasting).
A closer look at organization annual balance sheet, it shows that assets account for between 60-70% of materials held in stock; yet proper attention, is hardly given to this aspect of management stacks and left at the mercy of the unqualified individuals.
Inventory planning is itself has been explained as the determination of the quantity and quality required of a material, components, points and services ordering, control receiving, inspection and storage of the right material and the efficiency utilization of these materials to achieve organization’s objective. In this study a general understanding of inventory planning shall be considered as well as issue such as inventory control its importance to the organization, stock maintenance, material handling quality control and product availability among others.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
Organizations in their effort to satisfy consumers demand for their product needs always to keep stocks of inventory at all times, since no organization can survive without keeping stock and ensuring constant flow. The problem that emerges from this is that of how best to ensure optimum supply without overstocking and understocking. Inventory planning and control is argued to be an effective way of overcoming these two extremes.
Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Company however has been using these approaches in its effort of maintain stock and constant flow of their products, yet it has continuously experienced acute shortage of supplies. The question that arises here is that, what techniques are employed by the organization’s expediting network in ensuring that products needed arrives on time, and how effective is the inspection techniques of the organizations it is an obvious hat most of the problems that associated with inventory planning is lack of professionalism and misapplication store responsibility that is shortcoming has a big challenges to the entire organization. Above all the study is an to find solution to those problem as it arise.
1.3 Objective of Study
i) To determine the needs for inventory planning and control.
ii) To determine the techniques used in inventory planning.
iii) To determine how to establish constant flow of material in an organization.
iv) To determine who is responsibility for inventory planning in the organization.
v) To determine the significance of inventory planning in material availability.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The research is significant in many aspects, first the researcher will benefit immensely as it is a basic requirement in partial fulfillment for the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) in the department of Purchasing and Supply, Kaduna Polytechnic. It will contribute to existing knowledge as student can use it as a reference and understanding of inventory planning of serve as a consultation by other researchers who may likely carry out the same research or part of it work. It is also of the significance to the to the industry under study whom may likely want to carried out similar research.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The work will be limited to inventory planning and it effect on products availability, the researcher did not intend to go beyond the department under study, the research will be conducted at KRPC within the following departments, Material Management Department (MMD) operation departments and maintenance department. These are traditional department that usually in needs of material at KRPC located at Kachia Road, Kaduna. The researcher will use 10% of 200 populations across three department to justify her work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECTS OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON EARNINGS MANAGEMENT OF QUOTED NON-FINANCIAL COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of IFRS adoption on earnings management of non financial quoted companies in Nigeria. I used a sample of ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 454 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This research takes a look at the adoption of merger and acquisition as a growth strategy in business organization. There is no gainsaying th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 243 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Process industries in general face a continuous drive to improve their operations. This drive is ...Continue Reading »
118 pages | 161 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
4. THE IMPACT OF QUALITY CONTROL TECHNIQUE ON THE PROFITABILITY IN MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATIONS [A CASE STUDY OF NEW NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS, KADUNA)» ABSTRACT This research work on the impact of quality control techniques on profitability in manufacturing organizations strives to assess the role of ...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 492 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
5. MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOOL IN ENHANCING EMPLOYMENT PERFORMANCE IN AKWA IBOM STATE CIVIL SERVICE» ABSTRACT This research was an assessment of manpower training and development as a tools in enhancing employee in Akwa Ibom State civil service commis...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 626 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACTThis study aims at looking into entrepreneurship development as a tool for wealth creation, which will serve as a panacea to some social econo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 299 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
7. THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE KADUNA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL RE...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Information and communication technology is often used as an extended synonym for information technology(IT), but is a mo...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 567 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Entrepreneurship practices exist in most countries of the world, including Nigeria. In Nigeria th...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 217 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
9. THE EFFECT OF PRICING POLICY ON SALES IN THE BEVERAGE INDUSTRY A case study of the Coca cola Bottling Company» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The subject under study is the effect of pricing policy on sales in beverage industry, the principle, of prici...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 397 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
10. THE EFFECT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION ON CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOUR (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY N.B.C PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Most often marketing is associated with efforts of business firms selling their goods and services however, also many peo...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 185 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION