Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of writing this chapter introduces the research work and state the chapter with the following headings.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
To manage is not an easy task; hence management in many establishments is taught with problem. These affect the effectiveness of management of such establishment. A visit to any of the Nigeria organizations will convinces one if lack of managerial know-how in such establishment indiscipline, authoritarian leadership reline supreme so much that the situation get worst as one gets to lower level of organization tends to hierarchy.
In this case, the organization tends to deterrent rather than facilitator of decision-making delegation seems not existing and everywhere it exists responsibility is designated and commensurate authority is withheld.
In most government owned establishment the government stand has been that of entrepreneurial function instead of managerial. It is on this note therefore that this project became necessary to investigate causes effects and possible solution to problems associated with effectiveness of management in government owned establishment, using Hotel presidential, Enugu as the case study.
2.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
However, a visit is any Nigeria establishment will give clear picture of an un-managerial know-how in such establishment indiscipline, authoritarian leadership style; resources are poorly utilized while organizational policies. Act as determent to facilitate of decision-making.
In most government owned establishment these appears to be more pronounced and their affects have always had untold hardship on the effectiveness and efficiency of management in such organization. It is therefore in the light of forgone problems that aroused the interest of researcher to embark on the research study with a view to finding out cause, effects and possible solution to the study.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to find out the causes problems of management in government parastatals with particular reference to Hotel Presidential, Enugu.
To identify the effectiveness and efficient utilization of both resources. To observe as resource information a signed to the government in its effort to revampering its own establishment, this is so because prevention they say is better them cure. ‘
Identifying of the cove problems that have been hindering operational effectiveness and efficiency in the establishment and to look at the contribution of appointment to the executive positions in the organization and seek remedies where appropriate.
Finally, to recommend possible solution of management problems where necessary.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research is limited to the management in Hotel presidential, Enugu.
It tends to cover the development of employee as motivational tools that can be used by the organization to achieve its objectives.
In carrying out the research, some basic problems were encountered and this and to an extent did affect the research. One of the major problem finance considering the economic condition in which we are now, it was not easy for a researcher to carry not the study as planned. The researcher could have been more extensive than as it is now, but there was financial stress.
Time factor is another problem of the study and the research is done along side with class work and did not allow the researcher to use all her time in the research work.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H1 Effectiveness management guide organization proper decision making (NULL)
H2 Ineffective management does guide organization in proper decision making (Alternative)
H1 Management of government parastatals has been effective and efficient (NULL)
H2 Management of government has not been effective and effacement (Alternative)
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
There are a lot of benefits to derived from the study besides fulfillment of the requirement for the Higher National Diploma (HND)
If management of government owned establishment is effective, it will have to uphold better corporate image which will be of good advantage to the establishment. It will help establishment to compete with help establishment to compete with the other government owned establishment around.
And also attract new customer and keep the loyalty of the old ones in government owned establishment.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Advertising: The process of information or informing others of existence and availability of a product and creating a demand for the product.
Analysis: The process of breaking down information into smaller identification limits.
Controlling Price: Making event, conform to plans.
Decision Making: Activity of choosing between
Efficient Manage: These seek to solve problems by reducing costs. Effective manager: They tend to produce creative alternative and increase profits.
Hotel Presidential, Enugu
Management: The process that enables organization to achieve their objective by planning, organizing controlling their resources includes gaining the commitment of their employees (motivation).
Feedback: The capacity of machine to evaluate its own performance and correct it deviate from plan, output as input.
Organization: Is the process of grouping activities line of authority and responsibility.
Obsolete: Out dated,
Planning: The function of management, which deals in developing a cause of action or pattern of directive. It involves who should do what, when and how.
Public: Is any group that has an actual or potential interest or impact of any organization ability to achieve its objectives or goals.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
The researcher should have studied the problems of management in all the government parastatals but because of time and financial constraint, he could only choose the case study of hotel presidential, Enugu .
The findings tend to stand as a review of the problems affecting management in government parastatals.
Ginzbery E. (1993) The Remittent and use of University. Graduate by industry personnel Journal New York Vol.11P 102 – 110.
Younder D. Hereman H H hand Uubi (1988) Handbook on Management, and Labour Dilation New York, Published Mc Graw (Hill) Limits Pg.7.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Across the world especially in developing countries, there have been growing and continuous agita...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF PERSONAL SELLING ON THE SALES VOLUME OF AN ORGANISATION. (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Personal selling consist of individual, personal communication i.e. face to face communication of information from the se...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NATIONAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT POLICY IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF YOBE STATE FROM 2007-2014» Abstract This study examines the principles of the implementation of the National Youth Development Policy (NYDP) at the local government level in Yob...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project attempt to examine the effect of motivation on employees’ performance in Osun state water corporation, new state s...Continue Reading »
6. THE PROCEDURES AND WAYS OF PAYMENT OF PENSION AND GRATITUITY TO RETIRE CIVIL SERVANT IN ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The administration of pension scheme is not a contemporary phenomenal or practice. Memorably, it ...Continue Reading »
7. REWARDS AND EMPLOYEES’ JOB SATISFACTION OF SELECTED OUTSOURCED SERVICE PROVIDERS IN JOS, PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The human resources of every organization have been identified as the most important assets of tha...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF UNEMPLOYMENT ON YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND NATION BUILDING IN SOME SELECTED L. G.A IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This research work made effort to examine empiricallythe impact of unemployment on youth development and nation building, using Afikpo, Ivo a...Continue Reading »
9. AN ANALYSIS OF THE OPERATION OF THE NIGERIAN CAPITAL MARKET (A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE KADUNA BRANCH» ABSTRACT The stock market is a common feature of a modern economy and it is perceived to perform some necessary functions which promote the growth and...Continue Reading »
10. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AS A STRATEGY FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA LIMITED» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Industrial relations which is the matter at stake is an integral part of management, it is pointl...Continue Reading »