Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Production is one of the most important function of management in every organization. The essence of production is to prepare or forecast into the future in terms of production in an organization. As such Baryoko (2002) opined that production planning is mainly concerned with the directing and controlling of production process of an organization in order foster optimum utilization of human and material resources use in production, which brings about increase productivity and consequently profit maximization.
Similarly Nwachukwu (2007) opined that production planning involves the establishment of the overall strategy and process design required for the realization of effective production in an organization.
As such, production planning’s particularly very important in a developing country where resources are relatively scarce. In Nigeria, where many of the manufacturing firms are inexperienced interms of technical know-how, production planning become very imperative in other to avoid waste of resources. This is so because production planning is a blue print for action. As such all manufacturing organization who are into production need to plan their production in order to gain an optimum utilization of their plant and raw materials use in production.
However, Ayo (2006) opined that failure to engage in production planning give rise to inefficiency and lack of direction. It make the organizations to constantly put off fire instead of preventing its occurrence. This implies that production planning entails the identification of what at business plans to do in terms of growth, development and survival or continuous existence. But inspite of this, over 48.6% of Nigeria indigenous organizations do not undertake a formal plan and do not have production budgets.
It is against this background that the researcher deemed it very imperative to investigate the subject matter of this research. The impact of production planning on productivity in seven-up bottling company Kaduna.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Production planning as earlier indicated is a very crucial aspect of any management process. Hence, efficient production planning becomes very imperative for the sustainability of an effective production system that would be cost effective and profitable.
But inspite of the importance of production planning and its positive impact on productivity, it is observed by Ayo (2006) that about 48.6% of Nigerian indigenous organizations do not undertake a formal plan and do not have production budgets. As such doubt is expressed about production planning in most organization in Nigeria. Hence the need to investigate the impact of production planning on the productivity of seven-up bottling company Kaduna become very imperatives and the subject matter becomes an empirical problem worthy of investigation.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The central objective of the study is to investigate the impact of production planning on productivity in seven-up bottling company Kaduna. Other sub-objectives are as follows:
i. To determine production planning activities of seven-up bottling company Kaduna plant.
ii. To evaluate the effect of production system in manufacturing of seven up products?
iii. To explore the meaning of production planning
iv. To evaluate the relevance of production planning concept.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study examines the impact of production planning on seven-up bottling company Kaduna plant. The significance of the study of this magnitude cannot be overemphasized. The government corporation, corporate organization, small and medium enterprise involved in manufacturing will really find this study useful, especially as they utilize the findings of this study. The study will also add to the existing knowledge on production planning and would also be useful to student and researchers.
The government corporation and corporate organizations involved in manufacturing can use the finding of this research in policy formulation regarding production planning.
Small and medium enterprise may also find the findings of this study really significant as they utilize the finding as a guideline in formulating their production planning.
The study will also contribute to knowledge by being a good reference material to students, scholars, resources and individuals who may wish to undertake similar research. This research can be used as a spring board to undertake their own work.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. What are the production planed activities in seven-up bottling company kaduna
ii. What is the effect of production system in the manufacturing of seven up products?
iii. What is the meaning of production planning
iv. Is Production planning relevant to productivity.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study covers the effect of production planning in seven-up bottling company Kaduna plant a
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Every research activity has its constraints this particular one is however not an exception, certain factors limit the process of writing this research work, which include:
i. Inadequate research materials the research: Materials on this subject matter were very few. The much relied library is filled up with outdated books, which are of little relevance to current research. Moreover, the cost of new and updated materials are exorbitant which make them not readily affordable.
ii. Lack of cooperation of subjects: Sourcing for information from source of respondents was not an easy task, particularly with regards to some information that are regarded as classified or highly confidential to the company, the degree of cooperation of staff of seven-up bottling company was minimal
iii. Low return of questionnaires in the process of gathering data, it was discovered that not all questionnaires issued out were returned. Some of them were also wrongly filled which means a great deal of relevant information was held back, and which could have enhanced the quality of this study.
iv. Inaccessibility to subjects: Another constraint encountered during the research is the inaccessibility to the inventory management, manager who was not always available to provide desired data.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERM
Production: this refers to an outline process that is aimed at satisfying human needs and wants. That is the only process that deals with the transformation of raw materials into finished good.
Planning: is a set of managerial function which prepares forecast into the future and ensure that decision regarding the use of human and material resources involved in production is effectively managed
Production planning: This is a managerial function concern with planning directing and controlling the method to be used in manufacturing a product.
Schedule: This is prescribing of when and where each operation necessary for the manufacturing of a product is to be performed or the establishment of time at which to begin or complete each event or activity.
Raw materials: this are the basic inputs required for productions.
Work-in-progress: There are semi-manufactured product. Product that is uncompleted and skill in the process of production.
Finished good: product that has been completed and ready for consumption.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE IN EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIAN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY PLC, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY: The purpose of structure is the division of work among members of the organization, and the Co ordinatio...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page......................................................................................................................ii C...Continue Reading »
3. THE CHALLENGES OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY ALUMINIUM INDUSTRY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Human societies as the develop evolve technique, methods and strategies that enable them master their environment and ensure ...Continue Reading »
4. AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION STRATEGIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE (A CASE STUDY OF NOVAL HOTEL NI...» ABSTRACT Hospitality business is a facet of the Nigerian economy that enhances economic growth and development as small and medium enterprises through...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Company Values: An Evaluative Case Study on the Existence of Value Ambassadors in a Semi – State Organisation. The purpose of this stud...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATING TRANSPORTATION, WAREHOUSING AND INVENTORY CONTROL PRACTICES IN SELECTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA: TOWARDS A PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION PRO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The economy of any nation depends to a great extent on the production and distribution of finishe...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF FIRM CHARACTERISTICS ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF PENSION FUNDS ADMINISTRATORS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The divergent opinion on the determinants of the financial performance of pension funds administrators has been an ongoing issue. Academic sc...Continue Reading »
8. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
9. A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES AND THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, LAGOS STATE)» ABSTRACT Maintaining good employee employer relationship is one criteria for an organization to succeed. If employees are not happy with management an...Continue Reading »
10. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN ENUGU STATE. (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The entrepreneur plays a vita role in the process of economic growth and development. Iwu Eze A. ...Continue Reading »