Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good of the nation. All over world, various governments have different role they play in business.
Business organisations are affected and influenced by government activities, rules, regulations, laws and specialised agencies. It is a well known fact that no business organisation can survive without interaction with its political and legal environment which often times are within the direct manipulation of the government.
Government policies have become the necessary ingredient that can either encourage or discourage the participation of the private sector in the stimulation of the economy.
In recent years, however, both the federal and state government have introduced various policies and programmes to redress the short comings of Small and Medium Scale Business Enterprises (SMEs).
The way the government formulate its policies is greatly influenced by both political and socio-cultural factors.
According to Reimann (1980:29) a sound government policy performs the following functions.
i. Prevents deviation from planned course of action.
ii. Ensures consistency of action
iii. promotes intelligent co-operation
iv. Fosters an intelligent exercise of initiative
Government policies can be considered favourable or unfavourable to the growth and development of small and medium scale enterprises.
The major role of the government in business is to provide a conducive atmosphere for businesses to thrive this would include the provision of facilities and dependable public utilities that would attract investors and encourage the emergence of entrepreneur.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Government is an essential part of the society that affects all aspect of life. The impact of government can not be over emphasized. This research work is to enlighten some of the government policies affecting the growth of a business as it was earlier mentioned. Government policies can either be favourable or unfavourable. This project is to highlighten some of the short comings of government in providing social amenities and a conducive environment for business to thrive.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The primary purpose of this study is to point out some of the short comings of government in providing a conducive environment for the development of businesses. It will also highlights the importance of government and how government can improve in their policies/programme affecting business in other to encourage more entrepreneurship involvement in business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
This particular section is usually a conjectural of questions that will help the researchers to understand the various ways to follow. Some of the questions employed are;
i. Does the government policy affect business activities?
ii. Does the government implement their policies effectively?
iii. Does the government need to improve on the level of their policies making?
iv. Is the government socially responsible to the business organisation?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is delimited in scope to some selected companies in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State where sample information and accurate data were easily available and also for the accessibility of the study.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that the topic “The Impact of Government Involvement in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises” has great significance to the following set of people and economic activities.
a. It will serve as a guide to businessmen and women on how government policies affect business activities.
b. The research work will highlights some of the short comings of government in providing conducive atmosphere for business which will in turn encourage the government in the provision of such atmosphere for the development of small and medium scale enterprises.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research work would not be completed if we fail to mention its limitations.
a. Time constraint was a major problem combining project work with normal school work with the little available time was not easy.
b. Financial constraints in terms of transportation to various companies in Ughelli. And also in the preparation of questionnaires.
Notwithstanding, the above limitation does not invalidate the research work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Policy: Planned or agreed course of action
Impact: The blow of one thing striking another
Organisation: A body of people working together for a purpose.
Programme: A booklet giving details of the items in a scheme.
Major: Greater or great in size (importance)
Deviation: To turn aside from the right, normal or standard course.
Cultural: The way of life of a people.
Consistency: Thickness or firmness, quality of being the same.
Conducive: Helping, favourable.
Formulate: To set down clearly.
Benemone E. Osadi (2007). Small Business Management (Nature, Principles and Application). Printed by Onos Graphic Warri.
Journal of Business & Management Studies, Vol.1 No.1, September, 2006.
Ovbiagele Abraham Otaigbe(2006). Introduction to Business Studies in Nigerian. Central Books Ltd, Agbor.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. RISK MANAGEMENT IN SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED ENTERPRISES IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Risk management is the act of mitigating the risk elements in the small and medium scale businesses most of these businesses often go out of ...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATION AS A CORPORATE TOOL FOR CHANGE MANAGEMENT IN ORGANIZATIONS: A STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study From the beginning of the 20th century, our world has witnessed tremendous and dramatic changes a...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECTS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE IN GHANAIAN BANKS: A CASE STUDY OF BARCLAYS BANK GHANA LIMITED (ASAFO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Globalised competition has stressed the strategic importance of satisfaction, quality and consequ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study of this research is effects of motivation and job satisfaction on organizational productivity. A case study of federal polytechnic ...Continue Reading »
5. EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP AND JOB SATISFACTION IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS IN OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study At the beginning of any established business contract is the employment relationship which connec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project is focused on feasibility studies: a requirement for starting a new cooperative business in Nigeria. The importance of a well pre...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) play a vital role in the development of national economy. Due...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF CABOTAGE ACT ON LOCAL CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT: A STUDY OF SELECTED INDIGENOUS SHIPPING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The term “cabotage” is a Spanish word which refers to the maritime trade along countr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a developing nation is facing a lot of problems one of which is the problem affecting ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Health Services in Nigeria have evolved via a number of historical developments including succession of policies and plans of...Continue Reading »