Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good of the nation. All over world, various governments have different role they play in business.
Business organisations are affected and influenced by government activities, rules, regulations, laws and specialised agencies. It is a well known fact that no business organisation can survive without interaction with its political and legal environment which often times are within the direct manipulation of the government.
Government policies have become the necessary ingredient that can either encourage or discourage the participation of the private sector in the stimulation of the economy.
In recent years, however, both the federal and state government have introduced various policies and programmes to redress the short comings of Small and Medium Scale Business Enterprises (SMEs).
The way the government formulate its policies is greatly influenced by both political and socio-cultural factors.
According to Reimann (1980:29) a sound government policy performs the following functions.
i. Prevents deviation from planned course of action.
ii. Ensures consistency of action
iii. promotes intelligent co-operation
iv. Fosters an intelligent exercise of initiative
Government policies can be considered favourable or unfavourable to the growth and development of small and medium scale enterprises.
The major role of the government in business is to provide a conducive atmosphere for businesses to thrive this would include the provision of facilities and dependable public utilities that would attract investors and encourage the emergence of entrepreneur.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Government is an essential part of the society that affects all aspect of life. The impact of government can not be over emphasized. This research work is to enlighten some of the government policies affecting the growth of a business as it was earlier mentioned. Government policies can either be favourable or unfavourable. This project is to highlighten some of the short comings of government in providing social amenities and a conducive environment for business to thrive.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The primary purpose of this study is to point out some of the short comings of government in providing a conducive environment for the development of businesses. It will also highlights the importance of government and how government can improve in their policies/programme affecting business in other to encourage more entrepreneurship involvement in business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
This particular section is usually a conjectural of questions that will help the researchers to understand the various ways to follow. Some of the questions employed are;
i. Does the government policy affect business activities?
ii. Does the government implement their policies effectively?
iii. Does the government need to improve on the level of their policies making?
iv. Is the government socially responsible to the business organisation?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is delimited in scope to some selected companies in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State where sample information and accurate data were easily available and also for the accessibility of the study.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that the topic “The Impact of Government Involvement in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises” has great significance to the following set of people and economic activities.
a. It will serve as a guide to businessmen and women on how government policies affect business activities.
b. The research work will highlights some of the short comings of government in providing conducive atmosphere for business which will in turn encourage the government in the provision of such atmosphere for the development of small and medium scale enterprises.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research work would not be completed if we fail to mention its limitations.
a. Time constraint was a major problem combining project work with normal school work with the little available time was not easy.
b. Financial constraints in terms of transportation to various companies in Ughelli. And also in the preparation of questionnaires.
Notwithstanding, the above limitation does not invalidate the research work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Policy: Planned or agreed course of action
Impact: The blow of one thing striking another
Organisation: A body of people working together for a purpose.
Programme: A booklet giving details of the items in a scheme.
Major: Greater or great in size (importance)
Deviation: To turn aside from the right, normal or standard course.
Cultural: The way of life of a people.
Consistency: Thickness or firmness, quality of being the same.
Conducive: Helping, favourable.
Formulate: To set down clearly.
Benemone E. Osadi (2007). Small Business Management (Nature, Principles and Application). Printed by Onos Graphic Warri.
Journal of Business & Management Studies, Vol.1 No.1, September, 2006.
Ovbiagele Abraham Otaigbe(2006). Introduction to Business Studies in Nigerian. Central Books Ltd, Agbor.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTIVE EFFICIENT INVENTORY MANAGEMENT ON PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A STUDY OF BETA GLASS PLC, UGHELLI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of most topical functions on most organization in terms of its role and integrated into the o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The organization structure is the basic framework within which the executive decision making behavior...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Strategic planning is one of the most important and vital stage in strategy. Strategic planning is important in achievement of organizational...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study delved into impact of credit management on the operation of selected small scale enterprises in Nigeria. The study examines whether...Continue Reading »
6. A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES AND THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, LAGOS STATE)» ABSTRACT Maintaining good employee employer relationship is one criteria for an organization to succeed. If employees are not happy with management an...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTS OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON EARNINGS MANAGEMENT OF QUOTED NON-FINANCIAL COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of IFRS adoption on earnings management of non financial quoted companies in Nigeria. I used a sample of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE PROBLEM AND ITS SETTING Every industry operates within two sets of constraints. Internal constraints are those proble...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES ON CORPORATE PERFORMANCE IN GHANAIAN BANKS: A CASE STUDY OF BARCLAYS BANK GHANA LIMITED (ASAFO BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Globalised competition has stressed the strategic importance of satisfaction, quality and consequ...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN INCREASING ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERY PLC, AMAEKE, NGWO, ENUGU,...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication is very important to the existence of human organization. The environment in which ...Continue Reading »