Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 73 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Material management is an integrated management approach to the planning, purchasing, ware housing, stock keeping allocation and movement of needed material from point of source to user department. It can also be defined as the process of management of material which involves purchasing, storage control and transportation.
Material management is a relatively new discipline. The 20th century's rapid growth and the significant industrial development has played a major role in the relationship and effective management of the traditional 5Ms which are: Machine, material, men, money and management.
The famous industrial revolution made material(s) the largest elements cost in any organization.
At the wake of the 20th century many firms had recognized the importance of material, and several material activities like purchasing, ware housing, stock control and distribution carried out by the organization.
By the 1950 firms have identified the need for effective coordination or integration of such material activities and material organization tools concept like those of physical distribution movement, logistic movement and material management as a means to check, co-ordinate and control the firm's material activities.
Globally, there is no clear definition on the area of material management. According to M.A. Tokunbo (1987) defines it in the context of store and material control as compensation for the effective co-ordination of the principle element.
ü Identifying, classifying and coordination of stocks
ü Provision, inventory control and stress accounting
ü Store house layout and organization
ü In house storage handling and distribution
ü Presentation of materials in store.
To these, material management has the duty to apply the most suitable technique in the most effective way to ensure the minimum total cost consistent with providing the service required.
The American production and inventory control; society (APICS) defines material management technique and production as the grouping of management function related to the complete cycle of material flow from the purchase and internal control of work in the latter term, traditionally is limited to internal control of production materials.
In examining the whole definition one could easily notice that they are not quite different from one another only the way of approach and little difference in terminology. In this respect (material and resource) or material management is not only limited to buying and storing as many view it but involves also purchasing, transport and distribution planning and continuous monitoring.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The subject matter of this study is the effect of material management technique on production planning process in United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna. The research is meant to be of great importance to various enterprise and organization wishing to conduct a detailed study into stores and purchasing material hence, the research aims at identifying the problems associated with efficient operation in an organization, the research is interested in knowing the effect of material management technique on production planning process as practicable in an organization. Due to sophistication in technology coupled with socio-economic and political instability, production processes face complex problems that needs to be addressed by management ensuring that materials are allocated and used in the most efficient and effective manner.
The material management technique on production is also to identify problems by guiding against supb-optimization of the material management techniques in production planning processes, for this the researcher suggests that which will achieve optimal result quickly, cheaper and acceptable.
Today materials are the live-wire of every organization be it public or private hence no organization can survive without material, its availability, distribution and transportation and delivery at the right amount and quality is paramount.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna. is faced with problems in relation to utilization of the effect of material management being the utmost thing that are needed to be utilized effectively. The problem facing material management especially United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna. are mainly under stocking or over stoking of material, stock obsolescence breakage and the economic order quantity.`
Due to the fact that the impact is to be felt positively in the society by making themselves’ productive in every area of inputs.
But despite the effect observed there have been general apathy, ignorance and lack of interest by many people and the government.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Specifically, the aims and objectives of this study are:
i. To assess the impact of material management on organizational performance.
ii. To appraise and further appreciate the significance of material management in a manufacturing industry.
iii. To identify and ascertain some of the problems poised by materials management in Nigerian United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna.
iv. It is also the researcher's desire that this compilation will be of great help and interest to whosoever uses it to gain knowledge on issues discussed.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis was formulated for this study:
H0: Material management does not have any significant impact on organizational performance of SMEs.
H1: Material Management does have significant impact on organizational performance of SMEs.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A research of this nature will be incomplete without highlighting the importance of this study.
Firstly, the researcher as a student aspiring to be a material executive in the future sees this study as an opportunity to fully investigate into the field of materials management to see the challenges therein.
Secondly, the study is needed as a pre-requisite for the award of the Higher National Diploma in Production and Operation Management (POM).
Furthermore, the researcher has also undertaken the study in order to gather necessary information and suggest solution to the problem facing materials management in United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The subject matter “Materials Management” has an area of coverage within its concept, i.e. theory and practice in the private sector. This would also include purchasing, stocktaking and stock checking of materials.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In carrying out this research, certain problems were encountered which in fact hindered the area of coverage.
· The researcher faced the problem of sourcing for materials for the project.
· Time constraint was a factor the researcher encountered. This resulted in the backlog of the researcher’s class work.
· Lack of textbooks related to the subject matter also contributed to backlog in writing the project.
· Unco-operative and bureaucratic attitude of United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), officials who were reluctant in providing necessary information in writing.
· Despite all these constraints, the researcher was lucky to gather vital information that made the investigation a success.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF ROSEMORE HOTELS UYO)» ABSTRACT This study, sought to determine the impact of training on staff performance using Rose More Hotel as a case study. The amount, and quality of...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 65 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
2. THE IMPACT OF PLANNING AND CONTROL ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYPlanning and control are put in place to keep organization on course towards profitability g...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 86 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
3. CHECKS AND BALANCE OF PRISON ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A prison is a place/space used to confine criminal or people convicted or awaiting trial. It incl...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
4. THE EFFECT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Study of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the last decade, our world has changed dramatically due to the growing phenomenon of globali...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 77 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
5. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL MECHANISM FOR SUCCESSFUL OPERATION IN AN ORGANIZATION» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYIn this chapter, the researcher intends to look and conduct research on the Impact of Internal Contr...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 50 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
6. THE EFFECT OF ADVERTISING ON SALES VOLUME OF AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Advertiser’s primary mission is to reach prospective customers and influence their awareness, a...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 89 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
7. THE MEDIATING EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL OWNERSHIP ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SERVANT LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIORS IN KANO, NIGER...» ABSTRACT This study examines the determinants of employee organizational citizenship behaviors (OCBs) among low and middle level employees of utility ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 423 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
8. THE ROLE OF PRODUCTION STRATEGIES IN PROFITABILITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF IBOM POWER COMPANY, IKOT ABASI)» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of production strategy on profitability of an organization, using Ibom Power Company, Ikota Abasi as a case study...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 67 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
9. THE IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON STAFF EFFICIENCY IN FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The interest in management education is evident in all sectors of the economy. It will not be long before atte...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 75 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
10. IMPACT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT IN THE PRODUCTVITY OF SEVEN-UP (7UP) BOTTLING COMPANY, KADUNA PLANT» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction It is quite obvious that every organization keeps materials which form one of the pivotal elements in the organization. A...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 36 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT